Commonly asked Questions or reoccuring comments
- USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION.
- ALWAYS MAKE A NANDROID
or have one on hand to fall back. I cannot stress this enough, especially if you are a newb and this is your first time flashing a theme / using metamorph
- alternatively, if you know what you're doing, just pull the framework-res.apk from /system/framework/ BEFORE you apply the theme and if you get a bootloop just push it back from recovery.
HOW DO I INSTALL THIS???
- First, USE ZIPTHEMER
- download the file to /sdcard/Zipthemer
- go open Zipthemer
- BEFORE ADDING THEMES UPDATE EDIFY
-> hit menu
-> update edify
-> browse to your rom's zip and click on it
-> it will return to the previous menu and then hit configure
-> EDIFY IS NOW CONFIGURED
- then it +Theme and navigate to the folder with the ring
- then change the name of the output if you like
- then click "Build It" and then make a back up.
- reboot into recovery and flash
OMG THESE ARE AWESOME WHAT ROMS DOES IT WORK ON?
anything AOSP based, that being cm10.1, aokp, rasbean, etcetc.
it will NOT work with the sony roms, or sense roms, or touchwiz roms so dont blame me if you try doing it with those roms.
i'm on paranoid and thats based of CM10 so it'll work right?!
YES IS WORKS NOW THANK YOU MOLES.
Will this theme work on any other phone?
YES! It will work on any phone as long as it is XHDPI (Gnex, SGS3, One X), or HDPI (SGS2, Desire, MyTouch4g, etcetc) if you're not sure just google your screen resolution. sorry MDPI isn't supported!
ONLY the files on my site or the ones that i post are supported. anything posted by anyone else may not support both xhdpi and hdpi.
i totally borked my phone and its in a bootloop QQ what do i do?
if you're running the proper rom and you followed all the instructions properly then pull the battery and reboot. it is normal for a random reboot to happen when you first apply it. metamorph talks all about it in its warning to you.
I did what you said but it still bootlooping... the world is over.
either nandroid or restore your framework from recovery. and then try redownloading the zip and reapplying. sometimes people get bad downloads... so dont fret.
i have followed all the previous steps and my lockring isn't applying... YOUR LOCKRINGS ARE BROKEN!
probably not, as 99% of them have been tried and tested. make sure you don't have a theme applied, if you do, use zipthemer to apply the lockring isntead.
ZOMG i've tried everything you said and it still wont work...my life is over
stop lying. all the rings work provided you've followed the instructions. otherwise send me your framework-res.apk and i'll look at it.
can i have this lockring design?
well first you need to provide a picture, and then even then its stillup to me whether or not i'm going to make it.
can i haz a weed one?
simple answer, no. I don't endorse drugs that are illegal in my country (Canada). But if you want a benadryl one, then sure.
if weed was legal in my current place of living, then i would, but until then. ;P
ZOMG YOU ARE SO SLOW AT FULFILLING REQUESTS AND YOU SHOULD BOW DOWN TO ME AND DO AS I SAY!! I CANT WAIT FOR YOU TO HAVE A LIFE AND DO IT ON YOUR TIME, LET ME MAKE MY RINGS MYSELF!
i'm not responsible if you eff up your phone cause you dont know what you're doing.
but here is a brief but pretty concise explanation of how to do it.
if you download any of my zips, and unzip it, you'll find a folder with files, and an .xml file.
if you want to change the pics of the lockrings
- unzip with winrar or 7z or whatever
- go to framework-res/res/drawable-hdpi (or xhdpi if youre on a gs3)
- change your lockring .png's. They can be anything, but just make sure they are 162x162 px for hdpi
and 216x216 px for xhdpi
is the lockring when it is not pressed
is when you put your finger to drag it to your designated target.
- MAKE SURE YOU RENAME YOUR EDITED PNG's TO EXACTLY WHAT IS ABOVE OR ELSE IT WONT WORK
(unless you want to play with xml)
- once you have fixed up all your images go back to the root folder where you unzipped the original zipfile.
- then open the xml and change accordingly to what it says.. pretty straightfoward
- now this is important for it to work with meta!
: you can rename the xml to (your name here).xml, but it is IMPERATIVE that when you ZIP the file back together, you name the zip the EXACT same as the xml except ending in .zip
- so select your xml and your folder (framework-res) and then right click, and zip it with winrar or 7z. make SURE it is a ZIP file and that it is the EXACT SAME NAME AS THE XML and DO NOT COMPRESS IT
- then when you have your zip, drag and drop it into your AndroidThemes folder on your internal SD or SD (assuming you're using metamorph) and then apply with MM or Zipthemer or ninjamorph etcetc!
**it will soft reboot or freeze or whatever, just pull the battery and boot normal. or use
and voila! there you have it, you've made your very own custom lockrings!
thats all for now, but this post will be updated when popular questions arise.