Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,000 Members 38,716 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD]HotSpot/USB/BT tether Hack

Tip us?

kaos420
Old
(Last edited by kaos420; 12th June 2012 at 01:31 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1594

DONATE TO ME
Default [MOD]HotSpot/USB/BT tether Hack

first off i would like to say this is not my work . i am just re-posting it to share with the xda community. all credits and thanks should be directed towards aamikam from themikmik.com

i can confirm this does work for joelz rom Charmeleon. i am running it and my hotspot is functional.i cleared cache and dalvik in recovery. rebooted still didnt work. so i used root explorer went to data/dalvik cache. select all deleted all items in that folder and rebooted worked after that. typing on my laptop with it now.

roms confirmed working on.
miks rom
joelz Charmeleon
Fresh 5.1
viper Rom 1.2.1

below quoted form aamikam from here
Quote:
This is one of the most simple and quick hack u ever need to do... i tested it with and without a full wipe... it never failed.

open your build.prop and add anywhere in it the following line:

Code:

ro.tether.denied=false

then reboot and u should be good to tether.

p.s.
i tested it on a fully rooted rom with unsecured boot... so feel free to post feedback and let me know how it works out.

p.s.2
this is something i noticed in my ics mikvigrin rom, only there it didnt work, but here it does.

p.s.3
i think someone used this in the evo4g in the past... but not 100% sure if its true or not and not sure who.

have fun.
Edit--------------------------------------

flashable zips made by smw6180 attached below.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HotSpotMod-revert.zip - [Click for QR Code] (144.1 KB, 1910 views)
File Type: zip HotSpotMod.zip - [Click for QR Code] (144.2 KB, 5161 views)
Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rom: Kit Kat 4.4.2 Prl: 16015 With 3G Roaming Kernel: Lean SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC Class 10
Tablet: Asus TF300T 32GB Internal with Dock Rom: CROMi-X 5.3 Kernel: Hundsbuah SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC CLass 10
Retired Devices Galaxy SIII / HTC Evo 4G Lte / HTC Evo 3D / HTC Evo 4G / HTC touch Pro 2 / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Diamond / HTC Vouge / HTC Hero / HTC Mogul / HTC apache
The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to kaos420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

par05is
Old
Thanks Meter 9
is this for the sprint hotspot or do i need an app

kaos420
Old
Thanks Meter 1594

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by par05is View Post
is this for the sprint hotspot or do i need an app
works for the sprint hotspot. using it right now. no error 67 with it.
Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rom: Kit Kat 4.4.2 Prl: 16015 With 3G Roaming Kernel: Lean SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC Class 10
Tablet: Asus TF300T 32GB Internal with Dock Rom: CROMi-X 5.3 Kernel: Hundsbuah SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC CLass 10
Retired Devices Galaxy SIII / HTC Evo 4G Lte / HTC Evo 3D / HTC Evo 4G / HTC touch Pro 2 / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Diamond / HTC Vouge / HTC Hero / HTC Mogul / HTC apache

Sephirothvfc
Old
(Last edited by Sephirothvfc; 11th June 2012 at 09:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 42
Just added it in and it works. Got error at first but then it went away. I was on LTE when i tried this and it cut me off LTE and switched to 3g. Im guessing this hack does not work with LTE atm?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sephirothvfc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cuppeerr
Old
Thanks Meter 817

DONATE TO ME
lol I was gonna post this earlier. It's from mik
Personal Phone: LG G3

Business Phone: iPhone 5s
Twitter

Krnla
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Got the error 67 and my data went off but I left it alone for a couple of seconds then the data came back on and it worked.
The Following User Says Thank You to Krnla For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kaos420
Old
Thanks Meter 1594

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Cupper- View Post
lol I was gonna post this earlier. It's from mik
yup and full credit was given in op......lol

misfit0313
Old
Thanks Meter 218

DONATE TO ME
I don't have another device to test fully, but after editing the buildprop and clearing caches, I launched the hotspot app. No code 67. Running Fresh 5.1.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

kaos420
Old
Thanks Meter 1594

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit0313 View Post
I don't have another device to test fully, but after editing the buildprop and clearing caches, I launched the hotspot app. No code 67. Running Fresh 5.1.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
good to here! added rom to the op

jimlightner
Old
Thanks Meter 569
Confirmed working on viper Rom 1.2.1..thanks for the find and post

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimlightner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
evo lte hotspot