Use Android Phone as NFC Tag?

OP Nightskill

12th June 2012, 01:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

40 posts
More
Hello there,

is it possible to use my HTC One X as an NFC Tag?

My goal is to scan a normal NFC Tag (1k) with my phone and store the informations. And then I'll provide this informations with my phone, so an other NFC Reader can read the informations stored on my phone.

Greetz
13th June 2012, 01:06 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 28

72 posts
It is possible as the NXP chip most likely used by the HTC (and known to be in Nexus S/galaxy) can be put into card emulation mode but the current kernel does not support it. There has been at least one user that has gotten it to work on the Nexus S.
13th June 2012, 10:42 AM   |  #3  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 19

100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightskill

Hello there,

My goal is to scan a normal NFC Tag (1k) with my phone and store the informations. And then I'll provide this informations with my phone, so an other NFC Reader can read the informations stored on my phone.

Greetz

Hi i believe NFC ReTag will do the trick , or at Least NFC TagReader , can also be use as ask Ö but that will depend on what you will store in Ö as you didnít say it icanír help you more at this stage.

hope that help
The Following User Says Thank You to Bardamuz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2012, 06:32 PM   |  #4  
Flag York, PA
Thanks Meter: 3

38 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightskill

Hello there,

Greetz

I'd really like to do the same thing.. but haven't had any success in finding a way to do that. I would personally love to scan my work badge and use my phone instead of my badge which I commonly leave at home. It would also be great for hotels where I commonly lose my hotel key and could instead use my phone.

Any advice on these being a possibility. Any additional information I need to provide. I personally have the HTC EVO 4G LTE and my wife has the Nexus S 4G that I could use.
14th June 2012, 02:57 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

31 posts
card emulation
try NFClassic.apk its in the android market, i cannot confirm it works but it appears to and i will test it tomorrow, it recognises my work card it picks up 2 tags, one will be door access and the other is canteen credit, (the app doesnt tell you this, but i know there 2 parts to the card, as i recently cancelled a card then found it, and can no longer access doors with it, but can still use it in the canteen) anyway the app reads the card and asks if you want to save the info, save it, the you will see it under saved tags click the tag, and click share tag, it then appears to emulate the tag as a card so it can be read by a nfc card reader, but i dont have a reader to confirm this, but i will try it tomorrow night at work to see if the doors accept it, ill let you know my results

and if anyone else know of any apps that can definatley emulate cards on galaxy s 3 let me know ! the more software i can try at work the more likely ill find one that works, i only got my s3 yesterday and have been of work so havnt tested any app, but NFClassic is the only one that appears to emulate my card.

note the app cannot write cards, only has options to write contact to card but when tried it force closes. i would definatly like to be able to write to card if at all possible ( free lunch :P copy card when it has credit , when run out of credit, re-write info = credit again its gotta be possible somehow ! )
Last edited by okz19; 14th June 2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: added card write info
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to okz19 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2012, 06:16 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 62

161 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by okz19

try NFClassic.apk its in the android market, i cannot confirm it works but it appears to and i will test it tomorrow, it recognises my work card it picks up 2 tags, one will be door access and the other is canteen credit, (the app doesnt tell you this, but i know there 2 parts to the card, as i recently cancelled a card then found it, and can no longer access doors with it, but can still use it in the canteen) anyway the app reads the card and asks if you want to save the info, save it, the you will see it under saved tags click the tag, and click share tag, it then appears to emulate the tag as a card so it can be read by a nfc card reader, but i dont have a reader to confirm this, but i will try it tomorrow night at work to see if the doors accept it, ill let you know my results

and if anyone else know of any apps that can definatley emulate cards on galaxy s 3 let me know ! the more software i can try at work the more likely ill find one that works, i only got my s3 yesterday and have been of work so havnt tested any app, but NFClassic is the only one that appears to emulate my card.

note the app cannot write cards, only has options to write contact to card but when tried it force closes. i would definatly like to be able to write to card if at all possible ( free lunch :P copy card when it has credit , when run out of credit, re-write info = credit again its gotta be possible somehow ! )

You can try, but it's probably not going to work.
18th June 2012, 01:30 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 205

583 posts
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardamuz

Hi i believe NFC ReTag will do the trick , or at Least NFC TagReader , can also be use as ask Ö but that will depend on what you will store in Ö as you didnít say it icanír help you more at this stage.

hope that help

NFC ReTag canīt do that ... but a lot of other cool stuff
18th June 2012, 06:29 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
I tried nfclassic and that didn't work I'm also looking for NFC card emulation
20th June 2012, 03:29 AM   |  #9  
Lake Charles, LA
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
More
I'm not sure about other phones but Evo4GLTE's have Android beam that should do what is wanted
21st June 2012, 03:36 PM   |  #10  
Flag Norristown, PA
Thanks Meter: 25

59 posts
More
This didn't even occur to me til I saw this thread. I will be trying with my work badge since I occasionally forget mine as well...

I am still deciding between getting the S3 and the EVO 4G LTE. Leaning towards evo... but haven't played with the s3 yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to nokios For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread