Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,865 Members 49,855 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] rooting samsung galaxy pocket s5300

Tip us?

sany
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] rooting samsung galaxy pocket s5300

dear all,
although I found links elsewhere in the net l am here in xda since I trust for this kind of exercise. So can anyone give me a link for the' how to' and the rooting file
to apply on my new samsung galaxy pocket. I also need the info to un root as well please.

just to give a background, I am doing all this to install certain apps from the market that requirethe device to be rooted. The issue being I am unable to use apps that require internet including market, voip apps from my office network that has proxy settings. Strangely internet works via the built in browser but not via opera mini.

So I am hoping once I root the device and install apps like proxydroid I will have a solution, please correct me if my thinking is wrong. I've posted the same issue in a different thread but no response for that yet.

thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to sany For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

soulbkd
Old
Thanks Meter 5
have you successfully rooted your Galaxy Pocket?

if not, you may do this:
download update.zip and place it on your sd card. flash it via recovery (phone powered off, then press volume up+home and power button simultaneously)

I have done it and success.
The Following User Says Thank You to soulbkd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

greatbal
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Anyone tried this?

I also found this link while searching: http://techdrag.com/how-to-root-sams...ket-s5300.html

Haven't rooted my Galaxy Pocket yet. But, I'm planning to do so within this month.
Current Android Devices: Huawei Boulder, Samsung Galaxy Pocket, Cherry Mobile Flare and Sony Xperia Z!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greatbal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

greatbal
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by androsamace View Post
thanks. rooted my galaxy pocket. but I'm unable to download the unroot file. it's no that I want to unroot my pocket. just saying...
Current Android Devices: Huawei Boulder, Samsung Galaxy Pocket, Cherry Mobile Flare and Sony Xperia Z!