Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Looking for a Widget!

OP durukankurum

14th June 2012, 01:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
HI, everyone
I am looking for a simple 4.1. or 4.2. size (clock+weather+battery) widget for my Galaxy Player 5.0. In the market i download a lot apps but none of them satisfied me. Please give me your advise.

Thanks.
14th June 2012, 01:40 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag Londrina
Thanks Meter: 3
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by durukankurum

HI, everyone
I am looking for a simple 4.1. or 4.2. size (clock+weather+battery) widget for my Galaxy Player 5.0. In the market i download a lot apps but none of them satisfied me. Please give me your advise.

Thanks.

Try Fancy Widgets https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result or Go Weather https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result

Both have 4x1 or 4x2 sizes and features various options for customization and skins
The Following User Says Thank You to MajinZERO For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2012, 11:17 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinZERO

Try Fancy Widgets https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result or Go Weather https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result

Both have 4x1 or 4x2 sizes and features various options for customization and skins

Thank u for your share but first of all everything 'GO Launcher Dev Team' creates is taking the devices originality its my opinion and the other think is i really dont want any background panel just with simple letters the hour and the battery level and weather option when u pres the weather section.
14th June 2012, 12:31 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Kragujevac
Thanks Meter: 217
 
801 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
I use weather widget from galaxy S2 ..downloaded from this forum ..its most beautifull weather witget i saw and i try like 30..and for clock just simple digital clock widget

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to DZonikg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2012, 01:11 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZonikg

I use weather widget from galaxy S2 ..downloaded from this forum ..its most beautifull weather witget i saw and i try like 30..and for clock just simple digital clock widget

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

can u give me a link?
14th June 2012, 03:55 PM   |  #6  
iJimaniac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 414
 
1,355 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Try uccw. You can make your clock exactly how YOU want it!

Sent using Tapatalk
14th June 2012, 08:05 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJimaniac

Try uccw. You can make your clock exactly how YOU want it!

Sent using Tapatalk

great one thank u but how to activate the weather?
14th June 2012, 08:23 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Holly
Thanks Meter: 70
 
379 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1630116

Try this one. It's a bit larger size than what you are looking for but it's quite nice.
14th June 2012, 09:09 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcduty

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1630116

Try this one. It's a bit larger size than what you are looking for but it's quite nice.

i have the weather and deskclock .apk files in my device but how i can install them.
can u pls explain me ?
14th June 2012, 09:40 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag Holly
Thanks Meter: 70
 
379 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by durukankurum

i have the weather and deskclock .apk files in my device but how i can install them.
can u pls explain me ?

Sure. I forgot to mention that these widgets (at least the weather widget) will not work on GB roms. They were lifted out of Asus tablets which came with HC but will work just fine with ICS roms.
If you have GB rom. You can stop here and decide if these widgets are worth awhile for you to upgrade.
If you have ICS you can read on.

First, you need to get a root explorer app. I use the RootExplorer but any app that will let you access root folders will do.

Move the weather and deskclock apks to /system/app folder. There should already be a deskclock.apk in there so you will want to either make a copy to another location (for safe keeping) or just rename the one that is in there as deskclock.apk.tmp. Now move the new apks into this folder.

Next thing you need to do is to change the permissions of these newly placed apks. You need to set them rw_r__r__ (r_read, w=write)

Reboot and now you should see the weather and deskclock widgets as selectable widgets.

Enjoy.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes