Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 42,689 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Looking for a Widget!

Tip us?

durukankurum
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Cool Looking for a Widget!

HI, everyone
I am looking for a simple 4.1. or 4.2. size (clock+weather+battery) widget for my Galaxy Player 5.0. In the market i download a lot apps but none of them satisfied me. Please give me your advise.

Thanks.

MajinZERO
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by durukankurum View Post
HI, everyone
I am looking for a simple 4.1. or 4.2. size (clock+weather+battery) widget for my Galaxy Player 5.0. In the market i download a lot apps but none of them satisfied me. Please give me your advise.

Thanks.
Try Fancy Widgets https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result or Go Weather https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result

Both have 4x1 or 4x2 sizes and features various options for customization and skins
The Following User Says Thank You to MajinZERO For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

durukankurum
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinZERO View Post
Try Fancy Widgets https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result or Go Weather https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result

Both have 4x1 or 4x2 sizes and features various options for customization and skins
Thank u for your share but first of all everything 'GO Launcher Dev Team' creates is taking the devices originality its my opinion and the other think is i really dont want any background panel just with simple letters the hour and the battery level and weather option when u pres the weather section.

DZonikg
Old
Thanks Meter 216
I use weather widget from galaxy S2 ..downloaded from this forum ..its most beautifull weather witget i saw and i try like 30..and for clock just simple digital clock widget

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to DZonikg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

durukankurum
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZonikg View Post
I use weather widget from galaxy S2 ..downloaded from this forum ..its most beautifull weather witget i saw and i try like 30..and for clock just simple digital clock widget

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA
can u give me a link?

iJimaniac
Old
Thanks Meter 414

DONATE TO ME
Try uccw. You can make your clock exactly how YOU want it!

Sent using Tapatalk
Get R.E.D.D ->> Got R.E.D.D? <<- Get R.E.D.D

Asking an ETA for a rom is like asking for a hug from Chuck Norris. Moral: NO ETA'S!

Flashing CyanogenMod on a YP-G1 before backing up the EFS is like punching Chuck Norris before you're ready to die. Moral: ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR EFS!

durukankurum
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJimaniac View Post
Try uccw. You can make your clock exactly how YOU want it!

Sent using Tapatalk
great one thank u but how to activate the weather?

cvcduty
Old
Thanks Meter 70
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1630116

Try this one. It's a bit larger size than what you are looking for but it's quite nice.
My toys...
SG Note II - JB Stock
Captivate - AOSP JB
Touchpad - OaT LnT JB
Galaxy Player WiFi 5.0 INTL - Eryigit KPA GB Rom - Rls 3.5
Galaxy Player WiFi 5.0 INTL - CM10 Nightly
Galaxy Player WiFi 5.0 US - CM10 Nightly
Streak 7 - ICS -B4 CM9
Dinc 2 - GB Stock
AspireOne NetBook - Windows 7/Windows 8 Pre/Ubuntu/Android X86 (ICS)
Logitech GoogleTV - HC 3.2
Nexus 7 16GB - JB Rooted
MK802
Xperia Play R800X - GB

durukankurum
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcduty View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1630116

Try this one. It's a bit larger size than what you are looking for but it's quite nice.
i have the weather and deskclock .apk files in my device but how i can install them.
can u pls explain me ?

cvcduty
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by durukankurum View Post
i have the weather and deskclock .apk files in my device but how i can install them.
can u pls explain me ?
Sure. I forgot to mention that these widgets (at least the weather widget) will not work on GB roms. They were lifted out of Asus tablets which came with HC but will work just fine with ICS roms.
If you have GB rom. You can stop here and decide if these widgets are worth awhile for you to upgrade.
If you have ICS you can read on.

First, you need to get a root explorer app. I use the RootExplorer but any app that will let you access root folders will do.

Move the weather and deskclock apks to /system/app folder. There should already be a deskclock.apk in there so you will want to either make a copy to another location (for safe keeping) or just rename the one that is in there as deskclock.apk.tmp. Now move the new apks into this folder.

Next thing you need to do is to change the permissions of these newly placed apks. You need to set them rw_r__r__ (r_read, w=write)

Reboot and now you should see the weather and deskclock widgets as selectable widgets.

Enjoy.
My toys...
SG Note II - JB Stock
Captivate - AOSP JB
Touchpad - OaT LnT JB
Galaxy Player WiFi 5.0 INTL - Eryigit KPA GB Rom - Rls 3.5
Galaxy Player WiFi 5.0 INTL - CM10 Nightly
Galaxy Player WiFi 5.0 US - CM10 Nightly
Streak 7 - ICS -B4 CM9
Dinc 2 - GB Stock
AspireOne NetBook - Windows 7/Windows 8 Pre/Ubuntu/Android X86 (ICS)
Logitech GoogleTV - HC 3.2
Nexus 7 16GB - JB Rooted
MK802
Xperia Play R800X - GB