Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,513 Members 52,563 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Warnings with SD cards for A2

Tip us?

philipvipe123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Warnings with SD cards for A2

So I recently ordered a Sandisk Class 4 16 gb sd card for my Atrix 2. I wanted to be able to keep a backup of a ROM at all times while having 500 songs on my phone..but 2 gb just didnt cut it.
So i tried to connect the card with my phones USB cable while having it in the device, but it just wasnt showing up on the computer. I had to end up using a card reader.
It still works...just something to keep in mind while buying SD cards.

Apex
Old
Thanks Meter 3522
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipvipe123 View Post
So I recently ordered a Sandisk Class 4 16 gb sd card for my Atrix 2. I wanted to be able to keep a backup of a ROM at all times while having 500 songs on my phone..but 2 gb just didnt cut it.
So i tried to connect the card with my phones USB cable while having it in the device, but it just wasnt showing up on the computer. I had to end up using a card reader.
In order to view files on your sdcard on your computer, you have to select the "USB Mass Storage" option.
Primary Devices:
LG G2 D801 / Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Secondary Devices:
Google Nexus 4 / Google Nexus 5 / Moto G / ASUS TF300T

philipvipe123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I did put it in the USB Mass Storage option

Apex
Old
Thanks Meter 3522
Quote:
I did put it in the USB Mass Storage option
Did you format the sdcard IN THE PHONE prior to trying to view the files via your computer?
Primary Devices:
Secondary Devices:

lkrasner
Old
Thanks Meter 592

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex_Strider View Post
Did you format the sdcard IN THE PHONE prior to trying to view the files via your computer?
thats probably it. I had this happen off and on until I let android format it. my recomendation would be to put it in your computer and format it as fat32 then put it in the phone and have it format it
Samsung Galaxy S4 i337- Stock, but working on it
Nexus 7- Changes all the time, but currently PACman

Old Devices:

Motorola Atrix 2- Touch screen broke, followed by a swim in a lake,
Acer Iconia Tab a500- replaced with N7

Like XDA? Click Here To Donate

Quote:
If your question doesn't get answered quickly, it was stupid. Use the search button and Google before posting.
The Following User Says Thank You to lkrasner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

philipvipe123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks a lot ill try that

goodgulf
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Although problems do not seem to be prevalent with the slower class cards, it might be a good idea to follow Patriot's advice regarding formatting. The suggestion was posted by Patriot in response to a review of a 32GB class 10 microSDHC.

Patriot acknowledged a problem with hemorrhoid OS and 32GB class 10 cards and suggested a temporary fix of performing a full format on a Windows PC with a 32kb allocation size, obviously FAT32 since stock hemorrhoid does not recognize NFTS.

The reply can be found in this review although the specific page will change if more reviews are added.
The Following User Says Thank You to goodgulf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hamba9551
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Default Sandisk ultra mobile 32gb class 6/10(expensive n useless)

Quote:
i bought 2 times brand (Sandisk 32gb class 6/10)..its only can be used for 1 day with my Atrix 2(supercharged V6)..after that.. damn corrupted!! now im using brand (KingMax 32gb class 10)..its been used for a month..nothing problems occur..

Apex
Old
Thanks Meter 3522
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamba9551 View Post
i bought 2 times brand (Sandisk 32gb class 6/10)..its only can be used for 1 day with my Atrix 2(supercharged V6)..after that.. damn corrupted!! now im using brand (KingMax 32gb class 10)..its been used for a month..nothing problems occur..
Be patient... they'll likely come sooner or later.
Primary Devices:
Secondary Devices:

xdduser
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I got a 16gb class 4 sandisk and I am formatting it in my computer using following method:
I inserted the memory card in my E71 and connected it to my computer in mass storage mode. Then I started formatting using fat32, 32kb through my computer. But it is taking ages. Since last 2 hours, only 35% is completed. My questions:
1) Can i stop the format in between ? Or will it lead to certain faults?
2) Is the format this slow? Or should I try formatting it by putting it in adaptor and putting the adaptor in laptop slot and then format?