Warnings with SD cards for A2

OP philipvipe123

14th June 2012, 04:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

21 posts
More
So I recently ordered a Sandisk Class 4 16 gb sd card for my Atrix 2. I wanted to be able to keep a backup of a ROM at all times while having 500 songs on my phone..but 2 gb just didnt cut it.
So i tried to connect the card with my phones USB cable while having it in the device, but it just wasnt showing up on the computer. I had to end up using a card reader.
It still works...just something to keep in mind while buying SD cards.
14th June 2012, 04:30 PM   |  #2  
Flag Siglufjöršur, Noršurland eystra, Iceland
Thanks Meter: 3,539

6,478 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipvipe123

So I recently ordered a Sandisk Class 4 16 gb sd card for my Atrix 2. I wanted to be able to keep a backup of a ROM at all times while having 500 songs on my phone..but 2 gb just didnt cut it.
So i tried to connect the card with my phones USB cable while having it in the device, but it just wasnt showing up on the computer. I had to end up using a card reader.

In order to view files on your sdcard on your computer, you have to select the "USB Mass Storage" option.
14th June 2012, 04:50 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
More
I did put it in the USB Mass Storage option
14th June 2012, 05:06 PM   |  #4  

6,478 posts
More
Quote:

I did put it in the USB Mass Storage option

Did you format the sdcard IN THE PHONE prior to trying to view the files via your computer?
14th June 2012, 10:13 PM   |  #5  
Flag Brighton, MI
Thanks Meter: 593

1,087 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex_Strider

Did you format the sdcard IN THE PHONE prior to trying to view the files via your computer?

thats probably it. I had this happen off and on until I let android format it. my recomendation would be to put it in your computer and format it as fat32 then put it in the phone and have it format it
The Following User Says Thank You to lkrasner For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th June 2012, 04:27 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
More
Thanks a lot ill try that
16th June 2012, 12:44 AM   |  #7  

12 posts
Although problems do not seem to be prevalent with the slower class cards, it might be a good idea to follow Patriot's advice regarding formatting. The suggestion was posted by Patriot in response to a review of a 32GB class 10 microSDHC.

Patriot acknowledged a problem with hemorrhoid OS and 32GB class 10 cards and suggested a temporary fix of performing a full format on a Windows PC with a 32kb allocation size, obviously FAT32 since stock hemorrhoid does not recognize NFTS.

The reply can be found in this review although the specific page will change if more reviews are added.
The Following User Says Thank You to goodgulf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2012, 12:31 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 18

150 posts
Sandisk ultra mobile 32gb class 6/10(expensive n useless)
Quote:

i bought 2 times brand (Sandisk 32gb class 6/10)..its only can be used for 1 day with my Atrix 2(supercharged V6)..after that.. damn corrupted!! now im using brand (KingMax 32gb class 10)..its been used for a month..nothing problems occur..
16th July 2012, 01:24 AM   |  #9  

6,478 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamba9551

i bought 2 times brand (Sandisk 32gb class 6/10)..its only can be used for 1 day with my Atrix 2(supercharged V6)..after that.. damn corrupted!! now im using brand (KingMax 32gb class 10)..its been used for a month..nothing problems occur..

Be patient... they'll likely come sooner or later.
18th July 2012, 04:39 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 3

97 posts
I got a 16gb class 4 sandisk and I am formatting it in my computer using following method:
I inserted the memory card in my E71 and connected it to my computer in mass storage mode. Then I started formatting using fat32, 32kb through my computer. But it is taking ages. Since last 2 hours, only 35% is completed. My questions:
1) Can i stop the format in between ? Or will it lead to certain faults?
2) Is the format this slow? Or should I try formatting it by putting it in adaptor and putting the adaptor in laptop slot and then format?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread