7. The downloaded firmware would be a zip file right click and extract it to get a .tar.md5 file
8. Connect the phone to the pc via usb cable
9. Run Extract the zip file that you downloaded from the attachment below and run Odin3 1.85. exe
10. Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are checked and click on PDA, select the .tar.md5 file that we just extracted
11. Now hit Start
12. Once the phone is up go to Settings -> About Device -> Status, check if the device status says NORMAL... if it does, then the device is unrooted if it still says MODIFIED continue...
13. Reboot into Android Recovery by holding Vol UP + Home + Power till you see Samsung Galaxy S3 displayed on screen...
14. Do a factory wipe and wipe cache then reboot
15. Check Download mode again, if 0 or NO you are done and the S3 can be sent in for warranty if it still shows 1 go to step 16.
16. If the counter stays at 1 it means u were on a non stock kernel... what u need to do now is root (since u have just unrooted you are now on a stock kernel) use triangle away and then flash the stock rom again.... the counter will then be 0 but status might show modified, in that case do a factory wipe and youd be back to a totally stock s3
Hope this guide helps someone
Ash aka Cursed4Eva
Click HERE to check out my Vids for the Galaxy SIII, Galaxy Note, One X and the Iconia A500
Does this work if i come from a custom rom galaxy s3? or i should first restore phone to rooted stock rom then follow the steps?
This will work no matter what's on your phone.
It's so easy.
1. Download your firmware and extract it to your Odin folder so you have your .tar.md5 file, flash it to your phone while your phone is in download mode using Odin. Use it as the PDA in Odin. Wait 5-15 minutes. Go to recovery and wipe everything. Done.
i have cm10 on my i9300 and i'd like to revert back to stock rom, unrooting is not needed, nor is triangle away needed. just want to try stock JB.
Problem is that i have Linux on my machines. I flashed my i9300 using cfroot and heimdall. can something similar be done with stock rom? i got the rom from sammobile.com.
Should i search for windows machine or?
Thanks in advance!
Edit: after untaring that .tar.md5 file i can see -rwxr--r-- root/root 1101420964 2012-08-21 10:44 system.img
-rwxr--r-- root/root 4964608 2012-08-21 10:44 boot.img
-rwxr--r-- root/root 52855268 2012-08-21 13:04 cache.img
-rwxr--r-- root/root 109941124 2012-08-21 13:04 hidden.img
-rwxr--r-- root/root 5652736 2012-08-21 10:44 recovery.img
-rwxr--r-- root/root 12583168 2012-08-27 08:43 modem.bin
should i try with heimdall -- cache cache.img --modem modem.bin --hidden hidden.img --recovery recovery.img
what to use for boot?
anyone tried that?
Not too long ago, we talked about the Flash SMS (class 0) DoS vulnerability affecting the … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?