[MOD] EZ InitD - init.d the EZ way !!

Search This thread

smokin1337

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2010
Virginia
Root IS required !!

This mod will add init.d support to any rom even stock roms without editing the ramdisk. Instead it uses the post_boot.sh file that is in most if not all roms. It should work on most devices, if it does not work on yours please look in /system/etc and post the name of the file that contains "post_boot.sh".

This mod has been tested on the OneX and OneS.

To use just flash in recovery and add your favorite scripts to init.d.

For devs:

To add this method to your rom simply edit the post_boot.sh file and add this line at the bottom:
Code:
/system/etc/init.d/*

Easy right ? Suprised it hasn't been done before, well at least that i know of.

All files in init.d will be executed at boot just like regular init.d. You can also manually add the line and make it whatever directory you want.

Download 1.1:
http://goo.im/devs/smokin1337/Mods/Easy_InitD_1.1.zip

Last edited:

Orical

May 22, 2011
Boston
It works great, I've had the best battery response all day with this. I think it was funny that some people thought init.d couldn't be used on stock roms but here it is....

Anyways thanks for the hook up man, hopefully devs start to add it into their roms.

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
this is cool. but ive always just created my own file in system/etc named init.d, and its always worked. so thanks 4 this, but i prefer my way. thanks again man.

Reactions: anika200

tomekpl21

Aug 20, 2009
Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but what exactly does this do?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

anika200

Jul 27, 2010
Maryland
Does anyone know where this file disappeared too, or where smokin moved his stuff? I would like to try this on the rooted 2.2

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Nevermind, I just did what zounduser said and it works. Thanks for that tip:eek:

Reactions: zounduser

vin255764

Dec 24, 2008
Seattle,WA
Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but what exactly does this do?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Have you ever wondered why so many custom roms?are they really different from each other?
Answer is no,not really,they are all the same with tiny tweaks.
The MAJOR difference is inside of init.d.Those scripts is 95% of the difference between "good" ROM,"bad" ROM,"BEST?" ROM,... lol

Shhhh,keep it a secret :)

Last edited:

XsMagical

Apr 13, 2011
Ft. Myers
RobbysLife.com
yes and no.... for vegeterian ribeye steak and t-bone steak=same anmal tissue.For non-smoker all cigarettes=same tobacco sticks lol
Heh,now Im hungry for a good juicy medium-rare Ribeye Steak.

Well I got my steak imported if that's the case and my cigs are 100s lol

Sent from my Nocturnal'd ONE XL Running Sense 4.1

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
Root IS required !!

This mod will add init.d support to any rom even stock roms without editing the ramdisk. Instead it uses the post_boot.sh file that is in most if not all roms. It should work on most devices, if it does not work on yours please look in /system/etc and post the name of the file that contains "post_boot.sh".

For devs:

To add this method to your rom simply edit the post_boot.sh file and add this line at the bottom:
Code:
/system/etc/init.d/*

All files in init.d will be executed at boot just like regular init.d. You can also manually add the line and make it whatever directory you want.

Download 1.1:

download link broke, so I attached a copy posted from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28139860&postcount=23

added tester to installer and permissions in updater.script

system/etc/init.d/99test

set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/system/etc/init.post_boot.sh");

Attachments

• Easy_InitD_1.1.zip
    143.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Easy_InitD_1.2.zip
    140.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Impo5sible

Mar 11, 2012
Hi,

I've installed - Easy_InitD_1.1.zip, | file in system/etc - "init.post_boot.sh"
and it contains:
#! /system/bin/sh
/system/etc/init.d/*

seems script do nothing - R/W doesnt work (I delete some apps and after reboot they are still here)

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
Hi,

I've installed - Easy_InitD_1.1.zip, | file in system/etc - "init.post_boot.sh"
and it contains:
#! /system/bin/sh
/system/etc/init.d/*

seems script do nothing - R/W doesnt work (I delete some apps and after reboot they are still here)

Easy_InitD_1.1.zip is original

try Easy_InitD_1.2.zip it has permission and a test script, look for /data/local/tmp/init.d_log_test.txt

if init.d_log_test.txt is there then init.d folder is working

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root IS required !!

For devs:

Code:
    /system/etc/init.d/*

Download 1.1:
    yes and no.... for vegeterian ribeye steak and t-bone steak=same anmal tissue.For non-smoker all cigarettes=same tobacco sticks lol
    Heh,now Im hungry for a good juicy medium-rare Ribeye Steak.

Well I got my steak imported if that's the case and my cigs are 100s lol

Sent from my Nocturnal'd ONE XL Running Sense 4.1
    Root IS required !!

For devs:

Code:
    /system/etc/init.d/*

Download 1.1:

download link broke, so I attached a copy posted from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28139860&postcount=23

added tester to installer and permissions in updater.script

system/etc/init.d/99test

set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/system/etc/init.post_boot.sh");
    this is cool. but ive always just created my own file in system/etc named init.d, and its always worked. so thanks 4 this, but i prefer my way. thanks again man.
    Does anyone know where this file disappeared too, or where smokin moved his stuff? I would like to try this on the rooted 2.2

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Nevermind, I just did what zounduser said and it works. Thanks for that tip:eek: