Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 52,684 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOWTO] Get most Gameloft games compatible with the S4 HTC One X

Tip us?

rohan32
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5036

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_ View Post
I found the issue. There was another instance of ro.product.model that needed to be changed to GT-N700. Downloading now
Ah okay cool. Glad it worked! This game is amazing on our device haha. Especially at full brightness
The Following User Says Thank You to rohan32 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_MetalHead_
Old
(Last edited by _MetalHead_; 16th June 2012 at 11:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1999
This just made my day. I loved this on my iPhone and was pissed as hell when it wasn't compatible with our phone. Thanks man.

edit: Wow, this runs great on the One X, smooth as hell. My only complaint is that there are some effects missing from this version vs. the iPhone version (heat from gun is one that comes to mind) but otherwise it looks gorgeous. No idea why they wouldn't release it for our phone.
\m/(-_-)\m/

rubercarkeys
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default installed and updated but..

has anyone had the problem of screen being black or flickering?

htc one s/ zydroid v3.2

_MetalHead_
Old
Thanks Meter 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubercarkeys View Post
has anyone had the problem of screen being black or flickering?

htc one s/ zydroid v3.2
Nope, working great for me.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
\m/(-_-)\m/
The Following User Says Thank You to _MetalHead_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skydrome1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Pics or it didn't happen!

Can someone post a video/pics of NOVA 3 running on your S4 One X?

PS: About the special effects, Hamdir from the international One X forums thinks that the resolution is the deciding factor for whether the game will run with full effects or not. Supposedly, if the 3 dot menu button is there, the game will run with full effects. If it isn't, then the game won't run with full effects. i.e if your resolution is lower than 1280 by 720, then it'll run with full effects. Can anybody confirm this? Additionally, Chainfire3d can also be used to get the full effects running. Link to original post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=39

whysebastian
Old
Thanks Meter 1
kinda off topic, but does anyone know if doing this will let the One X run google wallet? I've been dying to try it.
HTC ONE
ROM:VENOM Rom
Kernel: Stock
Carrier: TMOUS

Sidekick LX>iPhone>iPhone 3G>iPhone 3GS>HTC Hero>OG Droid>HTC Eris>iPhone 4>HTC Sensation>HTC ONE X>iPhone 5> HTC One

rohan32
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5036

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by whysebastian View Post
kinda off topic, but does anyone know if doing this will let the One X run google wallet? I've been dying to try it.
Google Wallet isn't working because it doesn't have the correct permissions. Doing this won't help unfortunately.

Enigma_cpl03
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
I have a question about this method, Since we can spoof the system check to get these games working, do you think it is possible to spoof so it looks like a oneX T3?

So we can get some of the Nvidia games going, or do the software checks also look for hardware?

skydrome1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma_cpl03 View Post
I have a question about this method, Since we can spoof the system check to get these games working, do you think it is possible to spoof so it looks like a oneX T3?

So we can get some of the Nvidia games going, or do the software checks also look for hardware?
It depends I guess. Some games have very well written code to prevent it from running on other platforms. Dark Meadow comes to mind.

One way is to run Chainfire3d or Chainfire3d Pro, but that seems to only have limited success.

As for games like NOVA 3, see my post above

_MetalHead_
Old
Thanks Meter 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydrome1 View Post
Can someone post a video/pics of NOVA 3 running on your S4 One X?

PS: About the special effects, Hamdir from the international One X forums thinks that the resolution is the deciding factor for whether the game will run with full effects or not. Supposedly, if the 3 dot menu button is there, the game will run with full effects. If it isn't, then the game won't run with full effects. i.e if your resolution is lower than 1280 by 720, then it'll run with full effects. Can anybody confirm this? Additionally, Chainfire3d can also be used to get the full effects running. Link to original post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=39
There are a few effects missing but not many, the game looks ridiculously good. I had this on my iphone 4S and of course it had full effects on that thing, and the difference between the two is negligible.

On a side note, once the game is installed and all the resources downloaded, you can revert to your old build.prop and the game still runs.
\m/(-_-)\m/