5,599,033 Members 32,143 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to run NOVA 3 with all Visual Effects (depth of field, etc) on Note.

Tip us?

shaolin95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 863
Default How to run NOVA 3 with all Visual Effects (depth of field, etc) on Note.

Hello guys!
I decided to make a new video showing all the missing visual effects for NOVA 3 on the NOTE.
It runs now like it does on the iPad 2 unlike the normal ipad 3 and phone versions which were missing those effects.

NOVA3 with all Visual Effects

In order to run with all the FX just install Chainfire 3D. I am using the Pro version because it lets me select settings per application.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...chainfire.cf3d
I just click on the Application then select Per-app OpenGL settings.
Then look for NOVA 3 and click on it then just uncheck the "Use default settings" option.
That is all I did. Then I clicked Launch and I got all special effects.

Regards

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shaolin95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

3mL
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Thanks! Uhm do you get better performance using Chainfire 3D?
iPhone 3gs(~4 months) -> HTC HD2(~5 months) -> HTC Desire HD(~6 months) -> Samsung Galaxy Note(~2 weeks) -> Asus Padfone 3-in-1(~1 year) -> Sony Xperia Z Ultra

shaolin95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mL View Post
Thanks! Uhm do you get better performance using Chainfire 3D?
The extra effects make the intro run a bit laggy but the actual game looks pretty smooth. I still think it looks smoother without the effects but is still smooth enough to play with the effects. You can compare the two videos on my channel.

This is the one showing a smooth performance WITHOUT the special effects:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVNQbbQdEqk

"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

3mL
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
The extra effects make the intro run a bit laggy but the actual game looks pretty smooth. I still think it looks smoother without the effects but is still smooth enough to play with the effects. You can compare the two videos on my channel.

This is the one showing a smooth performance WITHOUT the special effects:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVNQbbQdEqk
Oh okay, much smoother than mine! But how about other games? Does the chainfire 3D drivers affect them anything without setting any per app settings?
iPhone 3gs(~4 months) -> HTC HD2(~5 months) -> HTC Desire HD(~6 months) -> Samsung Galaxy Note(~2 weeks) -> Asus Padfone 3-in-1(~1 year) -> Sony Xperia Z Ultra

shaolin95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 863
The smoother one is actually with NO chainfire jus to clarify but even with 3D fire and the added effects it looks pretty smooth I think.
I have not tried any others but I will sure start digging about this because its is VERY interesting to say the least.

rlaw
Old
Thanks Meter 224
Try overclocking your GPU to 400MHz and bump up the voltage to 1050mV. You might find it will run smoothly then even with all effects on.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

shaolin95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaw View Post
Try overclocking your GPU to 400MHz and bump up the voltage to 1050mV. You might find it will run smoothly then even with all effects on.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
I am running 1.6Ghz and 400Mhz as per my fiery sig lol. Like I said, the game still looks smooth just not as smooth as without the effects,which of course is to be expected.
Mostly then INTRO is the one that seems to lag more as the actual game play looks almost the same to my eyes so , I can live with that but I wonder how can we hack the game to show the effects without chainfire. There has to be away for sure.

rilpromen
Old
Thanks Meter 32
thanks shaolin95 ^^!
1. Experts are clueless.
2. Customers can't tell you what they need.
3. Biggest challenges beget the best work.
4. Design Counts.
5. Big graphics, big fonts.
6. Jump curves, not better sameness.
7. If it works or doesn't work, that's all that matters.
8. Value is different from price.
9. A Players hire A Players.
10. Real CEOs can demo.
11. Real entrepreneurs ship.
12. Some things need to be believed to be seen.

shaolin95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by rilpromen View Post
thanks shaolin95 ^^!
Gosh everytime I see that smile ^^ it reminds me of someone very dear to me!
I must fight her spell again!

You are welcome btw

The Following User Says Thank You to shaolin95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

china2834
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thanks shaolin95 ^^!