Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
PA_TeamDIRT_H.png

screenshots.png

tabletmode.png

This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone. I know you've seen tablet mode roms before, and indeed it's a start, but this ain't enough. This thing has potential, but it is wasted the moment you try to stuff a full blown tablet into your poor phone. Yet we all know our high res phones can very well handle more than silly 1-column layouts. So the magic must be in between somewhere, a place that Google must have overlooked and left blank.
Yes, this rom strives to drop your device into tablet mode, but it won't stop there, it will reshape and redefine ICS to make it all a usefull addition and not just a cute novelty. Team PA is calling it: Hybrid Mode, best of both worlds.

howdoi.png

First I recommend that you use smelkus recovery found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1661543

- Make a backup of everything you value like music, pictures, etc
- WIPE EVERYTHING! (system, data, boot, sd-ext, cache)
- Partition your sdcard (follow steps below)

I recommend that you partition your sdcard to 1024 (1GB), swap size 0
Then move ext2 to ext3 then ext3 to ext4

- Download the ROM in the same place as the changelog
- Flash it

If you STILL have problems then THANKS to MrTekn010933 on YouTube we NOW have a HOW TO FLASH video! :)

creditthanks.png

As always, I want to give credit where is due! I'm not as foolish as some and think that I'm a big shot developer and I can do things by myself. I want to thank the following people!

- Cyanogen and his team
- molesarecoming
- D4rKn3sSyS
- Preludedrew
- Atyoung
- Tommytomatoe
- Dsixda
- Darktremor
- rapmv78
- KommodoreHeinz
- iBlowpot
- Smelkus
- Ropodope
- PapaSmurf
- tombarr
- boombuler

Everyone that supports Team D.I.R.T and Tincandroid! THANK YOU!!

THE KERNEL SOURCE USED FOR THIS ROM : https://github.com/atyoung/mason-kernel-ice

THE BUSYBOX SOURCE USED FOR THIS ROM : https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_external_busybox

special.png

- P.A.L., First time in Android history that Per-App-Layout has been realized. This rom features a setting called Per-App-Density. You can define an apps native DPI
with it, make it look stock, smaller or bigger than that, your decision. All apps are depicted at DPI 240 per standard. No other ROM has that feature right now!!

- Google Play does not allow density changes and will stop working if you mess around with that. This rom fixes that problem for you 100%.

- More stuff: Recents window closer to stock, fixes for overlapping elements, framework fixes, no crashes, working Phone (looks 100% like stock aswell), etc.

issues.png

- No 4G
- No FFC (front facing camera)
- Netflix and HULU PLUS (just audio, no video)
- Native Camcorder does not record (use Videocam illusion)

faq.png

Global density: Is the one used by your hardware configuration and all non PAD touched applications. It's the old one that you can change with build.prop,
and this one can get you outside of tablet mode - Phone mode. Don't touch it if you dont know what you're doing. This one has nothing to do with PAD or PAL,
as it's the one designed by google.

Deafult SystemUI DPI: User interface density, can be reflected on statusbar, Recent apps, etc. This one can't get you outside of your current mode.

Deafult User DPI: Is the one used when your app is not on pad.prop list, so when you run a new app that it's installed by you, and not on /system/app, it
will run at this density. This one cant get you outside your current mode neither.

Some QUICK known facts...

- You CAN'T change framework dialogs (like when you hold power button) density on tab mode yet, don't waste your time (it's limited from 120 to 128 global
density so it's not a huge difference)

- Keyboard must be set at 236 in Phone mode to work well with On-Screen Buttons. In tablet mode, it must be set to Tablet mode/density 120

- If you see the dock on launchers in tablet mode, and not the old layout, this is NORMAL, it was ugly before, and now it's preset to phone mode at 240 density. If you want to get the old
ugly tablet mode for launchers, go to settings > paranoid > hybrid settings > list apps, select your launcher, put density to 120-140 and put in on tablet mode

The message that appears every time that you change DPI or layout mode for any app IS NORMAL, Team PA put it in there so changes can be applied, the APP IS NOT FORCE CLOSING

PLEASE REMEMBER that NOT every app works well in tablet mode! There's nothing I or any developer can do except the developer of that APP. If you want to blame someone, blame them!

Please search, read, search again and then read some more BEFORE posting! If you take anything I say personal or want to throw a hissy fit and TEACH ME A LESSON, PM me and we can
hug it out..hahahaha

changelog.png

http://themikmik.com/forumdisplay.php?1875-Mazda-s-Developments

download.png

plans.png

- Removed extra languages
- Improve performance and battery
- Tweak PAD.PROP a bit more to better work with our device
- Bring the latest and greatest MODS and tweaks
- Updated Mason Kernel
- Fix whatever you guys find or have issues with :D:D

Last but not least, be respectful and REMEMBER that this is FREE! I do NOT work for you! I have NOT and WILL NOT ask for donations for any of this! If you wish to donate, that's
on you and that's just that....is a donation! YOU WILL NOT get an early copy of ANY ROM and I will not post your post your name/username anywhere....just not my style!

Enjoy!!

[UPDATE]

Thanks to Joshmccullough we now have a separate thread to discuss what apps look like in different UIs (tablet mode, hybrid mode, etc)

Go check it out and contribute to the conversation.... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28049387#post28049387

Last edited:

tristandespain

Jul 3, 2011
LOL. Couldn't help but laugh because I knew someone would say "can't wait" right off the bat.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Reactions: Mazda

Mazda

Oct 19, 2008
hahaha i was just workin on this, beat me to it, good work
Yeah I've actually been in conversations with the developer and got his permission about a week ago but I'm sure you knew that because some people can't keep their mouth shut....hints the reason for starting the thread NOW and not waiting!

Reactions: nom051205 and MBQ_

monkeychef

Jul 21, 2010
NJ
I have seen this in other device development forums. Definitely excited to see it in action. I'm assuming its based off of CM9.

Reactions: Mazda

evol4g

Mar 20, 2012
chandler-gilbert 480!!!
Yeah I've actually been in conversations with the developer and got his permission about a week ago but I'm sure you knew that because some people can't keep their mouth shut....hints the reason for starting the thread NOW and not waiting!

yeah i had just sent d4rk a message like 2 days ago, i was talkin to dax to help me set this up and swiper and i have been on gtalk tryin to get this to work... i'll send you my zip when i'm done and you tell me what you think..

teh roxxorz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
You know what I'm gona say; do a mod to remove the homescreen buttons and a non a2sd version.

evol4g

Mar 20, 2012
chandler-gilbert 480!!!
You know what I'm gona say; do a mod to remove the homescreen buttons and a non a2sd version.

the on screen buttons can be disabled through the paranoid settings, even when in tablet mode you can have the navbar at the bottom without the onscreen keys.. unless theres something that changed specific to this device that i'm not yet aware of (i haven't gotten that far)

Reactions: oodork123

Mazda

Oct 19, 2008
The On-Screen buttons can be disabled from inside the ROM.....I'll post an official changelog later on when I post the DL link and as far as the non-a2sd version, is not happening :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PA_TeamDIRT_H.png

screenshots.png

tabletmode.png

This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone. I know you've seen tablet mode roms before, and indeed it's a start, but this ain't enough. This thing has potential, but it is wasted the moment you try to stuff a full blown tablet into your poor phone. Yet we all know our high res phones can very well handle more than silly 1-column layouts. So the magic must be in between somewhere, a place that Google must have overlooked and left blank.
    Yes, this rom strives to drop your device into tablet mode, but it won't stop there, it will reshape and redefine ICS to make it all a usefull addition and not just a cute novelty. Team PA is calling it: Hybrid Mode, best of both worlds.

howdoi.png

First I recommend that you use smelkus recovery found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1661543

- Make a backup of everything you value like music, pictures, etc
    - WIPE EVERYTHING! (system, data, boot, sd-ext, cache)
    - Partition your sdcard (follow steps below)

I recommend that you partition your sdcard to 1024 (1GB), swap size 0
    Then move ext2 to ext3 then ext3 to ext4

- Download the ROM in the same place as the changelog
    - Flash it

If you STILL have problems then THANKS to MrTekn010933 on YouTube we NOW have a HOW TO FLASH video! :)

creditthanks.png

As always, I want to give credit where is due! I'm not as foolish as some and think that I'm a big shot developer and I can do things by myself. I want to thank the following people!

- Cyanogen and his team
    - molesarecoming
    - D4rKn3sSyS
    - Preludedrew
    - Atyoung
    - Tommytomatoe
    - Dsixda
    - Darktremor
    - rapmv78
    - KommodoreHeinz
    - iBlowpot
    - Smelkus
    - Ropodope
    - PapaSmurf
    - tombarr
    - boombuler

Everyone that supports Team D.I.R.T and Tincandroid! THANK YOU!!

THE KERNEL SOURCE USED FOR THIS ROM : https://github.com/atyoung/mason-kernel-ice

THE BUSYBOX SOURCE USED FOR THIS ROM : https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_external_busybox

special.png

- P.A.L., First time in Android history that Per-App-Layout has been realized. This rom features a setting called Per-App-Density. You can define an apps native DPI
    with it, make it look stock, smaller or bigger than that, your decision. All apps are depicted at DPI 240 per standard. No other ROM has that feature right now!!

- Google Play does not allow density changes and will stop working if you mess around with that. This rom fixes that problem for you 100%.

- More stuff: Recents window closer to stock, fixes for overlapping elements, framework fixes, no crashes, working Phone (looks 100% like stock aswell), etc.

issues.png

- No 4G
    - No FFC (front facing camera)
    - Netflix and HULU PLUS (just audio, no video)
    - Native Camcorder does not record (use Videocam illusion)

faq.png

Global density: Is the one used by your hardware configuration and all non PAD touched applications. It's the old one that you can change with build.prop,
    and this one can get you outside of tablet mode - Phone mode. Don't touch it if you dont know what you're doing. This one has nothing to do with PAD or PAL,
    as it's the one designed by google.

Deafult SystemUI DPI: User interface density, can be reflected on statusbar, Recent apps, etc. This one can't get you outside of your current mode.

Deafult User DPI: Is the one used when your app is not on pad.prop list, so when you run a new app that it's installed by you, and not on /system/app, it
    will run at this density. This one cant get you outside your current mode neither.

Some QUICK known facts...

- You CAN'T change framework dialogs (like when you hold power button) density on tab mode yet, don't waste your time (it's limited from 120 to 128 global
    density so it's not a huge difference)

- Keyboard must be set at 236 in Phone mode to work well with On-Screen Buttons. In tablet mode, it must be set to Tablet mode/density 120

- If you see the dock on launchers in tablet mode, and not the old layout, this is NORMAL, it was ugly before, and now it's preset to phone mode at 240 density. If you want to get the old
    ugly tablet mode for launchers, go to settings > paranoid > hybrid settings > list apps, select your launcher, put density to 120-140 and put in on tablet mode

The message that appears every time that you change DPI or layout mode for any app IS NORMAL, Team PA put it in there so changes can be applied, the APP IS NOT FORCE CLOSING

PLEASE REMEMBER that NOT every app works well in tablet mode! There's nothing I or any developer can do except the developer of that APP. If you want to blame someone, blame them!

Please search, read, search again and then read some more BEFORE posting! If you take anything I say personal or want to throw a hissy fit and TEACH ME A LESSON, PM me and we can
    hug it out..hahahaha

changelog.png

download.png

plans.png

- Removed extra languages
    - Improve performance and battery
    - Tweak PAD.PROP a bit more to better work with our device
    - Bring the latest and greatest MODS and tweaks
    - Updated Mason Kernel
    - Fix whatever you guys find or have issues with :D:D

Last but not least, be respectful and REMEMBER that this is FREE! I do NOT work for you! I have NOT and WILL NOT ask for donations for any of this! If you wish to donate, that's
    on you and that's just that....is a donation! YOU WILL NOT get an early copy of ANY ROM and I will not post your post your name/username anywhere....just not my style!

Enjoy!!

[UPDATE]

Thanks to Joshmccullough we now have a separate thread to discuss what apps look like in different UIs (tablet mode, hybrid mode, etc)

Go check it out and contribute to the conversation.... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28049387#post28049387
    Hey guys, don't expect any updates from me until this weekend some time! I started working on an update to fix a few things and then LIFE happened, got other things to do and to be honest I could use the break too.

Thanks again for the support guys,

Alex aka Mazdarider23
    I have had the same problem on all ics builds running the IMO God-Awful Mason Kernel=Tiamat=NoN-Booting ROM for me anyways and, has been this way since the evorvolve WIP project began. Until the day JmzT posted the first CM9 port w/ Stock Kernel (04-29-12 build) and, I have to do a Nand Restore of the boot.img in order to get any new ics ROM to boot. Although, I do lose my WIFI capabilities, I'm running every ICS ROM to hit the forums. Tiamat had been my worst enemy until Feb. 26, 2012!!! Stock Rocks!!! =}

Lets clear this up right here. There is a build of the Mason kernel that works on any version of ICS I am aware of, including anything based on CM9 and Evervolv. One simply has to read the posts surrounding the Mason kernel to figure out which one that is (an exercise I leave to the reader because I believe in people find answers for themselves rather than holding their hand). The term RTFM comes to mind, though more precisely in this case it's RTFP... I'm a fairly nice guy, but dissemination of incorrect information, only hurts the community as whole, and I'm not very comfortable letting that stand.

Secondly, Mason at this point has little if anything in common with Tiamat. I'm not even sure I can call it Tiamat based at this point. Most of those patches are so far back I don't even know. I'd say 90% of them have already been overwritten by more recent changes. Mason is a work in progress, and pusing twoards 3.0.y based linux, which is a type of progress you simply wont find on the supersonic at all to my knowledge.

HAHAHA...well considering there's only a handful of you guys (that hate mason kernels and that have issues flashing ics roms with it) that maybe is your phone and the way you're doing stuff as to the actual kernel and rom??

This goes back to how people blame the rom and kernel but never put any blame into the battery.......stop blaming the kernel when 9/10 times is the operator that has the issue :)

It's easier to blame these things when one notices the symptoms right after they flash a kernel. Most flash junkies flash their rom and then flash their kernel before even trying it stock. I don't pay to much attention to these kinds of claims, as Mason is generally more than adequately tested before hitting the streets, as I know you are very personally aware.
    Alright fellas, I'm gonna call it early tonight considering is Father's day and the kids and wife have stuff planned for me :)

Enjoy the ROM and try to keep the common sense questions (does this have 4G) to a minimum :)

See ya and Happy Father's day for those that know what is like to be a Father!!