This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone. I know you've seen tablet mode roms before, and indeed it's a start, but this ain't enough. This thing has potential, but it is wasted the moment you try to stuff a full blown tablet into your poor phone. Yet we all know our high res phones can very well handle more than silly 1-column layouts. So the magic must be in between somewhere, a place that Google must have overlooked and left blank.
Yes, this rom strives to drop your device into tablet mode, but it won't stop there, it will reshape and redefine ICS to make it all a usefull addition and not just a cute novelty. Team PA is calling it: Hybrid Mode, best of both worlds.
First I recommend that you use smelkus recovery found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1661543
- Make a backup of everything you value like music, pictures, etc
- WIPE EVERYTHING! (system, data, boot, sd-ext, cache)
- Partition your sdcard (follow steps below)
I recommend that you partition your sdcard to 1024 (1GB), swap size 0
Then move ext2 to ext3 then ext3 to ext4
- Download the ROM in the same place as the changelog
- Flash it
If you STILL have problems then THANKS to MrTekn010933 on YouTube we NOW have a HOW TO FLASH video!
As always, I want to give credit where is due! I'm not as foolish as some and think that I'm a big shot developer and I can do things by myself. I want to thank the following people!
- Cyanogen and his team
Everyone that supports Team D.I.R.T and Tincandroid! THANK YOU!!
THE KERNEL SOURCE USED FOR THIS ROM : https://github.com/atyoung/mason-kernel-ice
THE BUSYBOX SOURCE USED FOR THIS ROM : https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_external_busybox
- P.A.L., First time in Android history that Per-App-Layout has been realized. This rom features a setting called Per-App-Density. You can define an apps native DPI
with it, make it look stock, smaller or bigger than that, your decision. All apps are depicted at DPI 240 per standard. No other ROM has that feature right now!!
- Google Play does not allow density changes and will stop working if you mess around with that. This rom fixes that problem for you 100%.
- More stuff: Recents window closer to stock, fixes for overlapping elements, framework fixes, no crashes, working Phone (looks 100% like stock aswell), etc.
- No 4G
- No FFC (front facing camera)
- Netflix and HULU PLUS (just audio, no video)
- Native Camcorder does not record (use Videocam illusion)
Global density: Is the one used by your hardware configuration and all non PAD touched applications. It's the old one that you can change with build.prop,
and this one can get you outside of tablet mode - Phone mode. Don't touch it if you dont know what you're doing. This one has nothing to do with PAD or PAL,
as it's the one designed by google.
Deafult SystemUI DPI: User interface density, can be reflected on statusbar, Recent apps, etc. This one can't get you outside of your current mode.
Deafult User DPI: Is the one used when your app is not on pad.prop list, so when you run a new app that it's installed by you, and not on /system/app, it
will run at this density. This one cant get you outside your current mode neither.
Some QUICK known facts...
- You CAN'T change framework dialogs (like when you hold power button) density on tab mode yet, don't waste your time (it's limited from 120 to 128 global
density so it's not a huge difference)
- Keyboard must be set at 236 in Phone mode to work well with On-Screen Buttons. In tablet mode, it must be set to Tablet mode/density 120
- If you see the dock on launchers in tablet mode, and not the old layout, this is NORMAL, it was ugly before, and now it's preset to phone mode at 240 density. If you want to get the old
ugly tablet mode for launchers, go to settings > paranoid > hybrid settings > list apps, select your launcher, put density to 120-140 and put in on tablet mode
The message that appears every time that you change DPI or layout mode for any app IS NORMAL, Team PA put it in there so changes can be applied, the APP IS NOT FORCE CLOSING
PLEASE REMEMBER that NOT every app works well in tablet mode! There's nothing I or any developer can do except the developer of that APP. If you want to blame someone, blame them!
Please search, read, search again and then read some more BEFORE posting! If you take anything I say personal or want to throw a hissy fit and TEACH ME A LESSON, PM me and we can
hug it out..hahahaha
- Removed extra languages
- Improve performance and battery
- Tweak PAD.PROP a bit more to better work with our device
- Bring the latest and greatest MODS and tweaks
- Updated Mason Kernel
- Fix whatever you guys find or have issues with
Last but not least, be respectful and REMEMBER that this is FREE! I do NOT work for you! I have NOT and WILL NOT ask for donations for any of this! If you wish to donate, that's
on you and that's just that....is a donation! YOU WILL NOT get an early copy of ANY ROM and I will not post your post your name/username anywhere....just not my style!
Thanks to Joshmccullough we now have a separate thread to discuss what apps look like in different UIs (tablet mode, hybrid mode, etc)
Go check it out and contribute to the conversation.... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post28049387