[THEMING -Basic] - How to EDIT SystemUI.apk/Apps Background
Hi there! Just wanna share..
Just a basic background on how to theme your ROMS. - ofcourse, give thanks to the developer of your ROMs! .
I made this thread for those users who have personal wishes for their Phones. Ofcourse, ROM developers cannot please all of its users.
so just make your own and be happy!.
I just made it easy for easy understanding and for the newbies.
Tried so many times and tested
I've already tried editing the systemUI.apk of different ROMs.
Here's what I did :
FIRST : Download 7zip
to open the archived apk. - that's free.
Extracting first the Zip File..
(make sure you copy the original before extracting it for back up)
1. Download the ROM.zip and extract it to your PC.
2. Go to \system\app\SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-ldpi\
3. View the PNG files you wanted to change and make sure to remember its' file name.
4. After editing/changing the file/image you wanted, you can save it anywhere from your PC, let's say on your Desktop.
- Make sure that the file name still remains as is..
*After you're done editing, updating the PNG files you wish to change, follow this steps to update the zip file :
NOTE : You can apply transparency by editing the PNG file to photoshop by reducing the opacity of the image
1. Go to the original ZIP file of ROM.Zip from your PC
2. Right Click the folder and select 7 ZIP -->> open archive
3. Close all of windows/Browers (or minimize)
4. Go to \system\app\SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-ldpi\ and it will open a new window of 7zip showing the files inside the zip.
5. Now, given your edited PNG files or downloaded png files (assuming that files are located in your desktop). - Click and simply DRAG the file(s) from your desktop to \system\app\SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-ldpi\ .
6. It will ask you to confirm the action for it will replace the existing PNG file that you're trying to change.
7. Make sure that the file name of the one you edited/downloaded are THE SAME. -
8. After dragging and replacing the files you wanted, then you're good to go!
9. Close the 7zip window and that's it!.
You can now install the .zip by copying the UPDATED zip file to your SD Card.
(Note: Make sure to copy the updated one, not the backed up one)
Install the zip file from the original thread's instructions and reboot twice.
After that, you have now a customized systemUI.apk.
For those who do not want to reinstall the whole package.. follow these steps:
1. I assumed that you have the zip file of your ROM.
2. Extract it and go to \system\app\
3. Separate the SystemUi.apk - put it on your desktop. create a back up,
Right Click SystemUi.apk and select 7 ZIP -->> extract here - just to view the files you wanted to change.
Just go the folder and search for the PNG files.
4. Right Click SystemUi.apk and select 7 ZIP -->> open archive.
5. Go to \res\drawable-ldpi\
6. Click and simply DRAG the PNG file(s) from your desktop to \res\drawable-ldpi\
7. It will ask you to confirm the action for it will replace the existing PNG file that you're trying to change.
8. Make sure that the file name of the one you edited/downloaded are THE SAME. -
9. After dragging and replacing the files you wanted, then you're good to go!
1. Download and install rootexplorer.apk
2. Download the png files you wanted to update.
3. Copy and paste the NEW SystemUi.apk that you have updated/Edited to your SD card.
4. Open root explorer in your galaxy y then go and tap MOUNT R/W.
5. Go to \SDCard and go to new SystemUI.apk that you have updated.
6. Long press the file and select copy
7. Press back and go to \system\app - tap MOUNT R/W
at the top.
8. Paste the new SystemUI.apk from there.
(Note : You will encounter a lot of force closes for the exixsting systemui is currently being used by your phone. - just ignore it a lot and scroll down to look for the new SystemUI.apk.
9. Once you get there, long press on it and select permissions:
from the pop up, make the checked one like this :
where Dots are the checked one - Bigger dots
After encountering a lot of force closes, then reboot the phone and that's it!
(Force Closes are normal, DON't PANIC - logically, you are currently using your systemUI.apk so just ignore it
NOTE : You can also apply the same steps in editing system files apps, just edit the .png files and locate it using 7zip(when you already opened it). Have a little LOGIC on how to edit system app background - same process. just different apk files and directory
HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU
- IT COSTS NOTHING ;]
HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU! - IT COSTS NOTHING!