5,593,248 Members 32,670 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][Team.Fluxion]XP Mod Launcher (beta) [WinXP Launcher for Android]

Tip us?

mingolianbeef
Old
(Last edited by mingolianbeef; 17th June 2012 at 06:16 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1125
Default [APP][Team.Fluxion]XP Mod Launcher (beta) [WinXP Launcher for Android]

Disclaimer: I am not a spokesperson for team.fluxion nor do I have any affiliation to them whatsoever. The app stated in this post is simply a public service announcement to those that enjoy/want the Windows PC experience on their Android powered device. All rights of this app goes to its respective owners.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever wanted to get a PC quality experience on your Android powered device, then look no further! Windows XP is now on Android, well sort of. Thanks to the people in team.fluxion, who is no stranger to the development scene and has been pumping out applications since the good old windows mobile PPC days (Windows Mobile 5/6.x for the youngins reading this), as well as Windows desktop applications, we can now get a taste of Windows XP on our device, and for FREE . To save time, I will just use the description from their official Google Play page:

A legendary application for Windows Mobile Pocket PCs is back for Android as a launcher that imitates the look and feel of Microsoft Windows XP right on your Android device. It lets you explore your file system and open different file formats using default programs as assigned in your device. It also provides the common file system operations like copy, cut, paste and delete.

Short sweet and simple, right . This app is brand new (like first release new, hence the "beta" tag it's sporting) but it is amazing, and is very functional and fun for a beta release. I am running this on both my Evo 3D (qHD [540x960 resolution] screen, a bit small, but for those who are android tech savvy with some system partitions root permissions, just modify your build prop on the "ro.sf.lcd_density" line and add 40 to whatever your number is, or experiment with it different numbers. I think there's an app on the market for LCD density modification, too) and my Velocity Micro t408 cruz (its an 8 inch tablet, so no modification is really needed. I set my LCD density to 140 to make the status bar smaller though and it gives you a bit more screen real estate). Without further ado, here is the download link, completely free!

Download it here (Play Store Link) XP Mod Launcher

Oh and P.S. - They have a Windows XP boot animation that's cool too, check it out (surf their website, too) WinXP Boot Animation Android
Mingo Allen II

News Writer

AndroidSPIN.com

Email: ognimnella@gmail.com
Google Talk: ognimnella@gmail.com
Twitter: @MingoAllenII

Need a review done for your App? Email me. (Do NOT PM me)

Mytouch 3G Slide > Kyocera Echo > HTC Evo 3D > Samsung Nexus S 4G > LG Optimus G (Backup) > Samsung Galaxy S4 (Current)
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to mingolianbeef For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

buzzboy
Old
Thanks Meter 980

DONATE TO ME
I'm actually quite impressed. It looks and feels like the real thing.

It's missing the authentic crash every 20 minutes though.

Cheers for the share.

Regards.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to buzzboy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mingolianbeef
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzboy View Post
I'm actually quite impressed. It looks and feels like the real thing.

It's missing the authentic crash every 20 minutes though.

Cheers for the share.

Regards.
Same thing I said.!

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA
Mingo Allen II

News Writer

AndroidSPIN.com

Mytouch 3G Slide > Kyocera Echo > HTC Evo 3D > Samsung Nexus S 4G > LG Optimus G (Backup) > Samsung Galaxy S4 (Current)

safeelhd2
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Installed this. I think it wors really well, looks awesome.

Only thing i dont like is the windows startup sound everytime i turn the screen on when phone is on silent!

Retired:
HTC HD2, Rooted, Android 2.3.5.
Samsung Galaxy S2, Rooted, CM9

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks button

mingolianbeef
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by safeelhd2 View Post
Installed this. I think it wors really well, looks awesome.

Only thing i dont like is the windows startup sound everytime i turn the screen on when phone is on silent!
Hmmmm that didn't happen to me.! What ROMr u running

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA
Mingo Allen II

News Writer

AndroidSPIN.com

fr4nk1yn
Old
Thanks Meter 262
This is really good. If there was a way to hide the status bar, without XPMods base distorting on my kindle fire, this could fool quite a few people.

jerryhou85
Old
Thanks Meter 52

DONATE TO ME
This is epic. Hope it works with CM9.
HTC Touch Pro 2 T7373
HTC HD2 T8585
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G P75003G
Samsung Galaxy SII i9100 -- Give to Dad
SONY Xperia Z C6603

dodgebizkit
Old
Thanks Meter 92
does this need a rooted phone?

Sorry for the ignorant question - but up til now with ICS being finaly an "up-to-par" (by my standards) and there actualy being hardware good enough to run it really nicely, ive always hated using android, hated the android experience completely, but now im thinking of getting my first android phone (galaxy s3) in a month or so and am wondering if i can use this kind of thing on it without rooting... im hoping not, thats the one thing i really waant out of android that i cant get on my iphone or windows phone, the really crazy apps like this without needing a jailbreak or a custom rom/interim unlock, those things make the phones very unstable in my experience and prefer to keep them stock

curodot
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Wow. It's fun using a whole new type of launcher every once in a while.
Though there have been apps that I can't open but I guess it's to be expected since the launcher is still in beta stage.
Hi.
1NAVfGAqh9ekwwniNdwpC5aUUibRniepv5

jcsy
Old
Thanks Meter 915

DONATE TO ME
THANKS

trying now
Primary: HTC EVO3D GSM HBOOT 1.49.0007 S-OFF
ROM: Johnnyslt CM11 (10 March 2014)
Radio: 11.77.3504.00P

CID: HTC__044