/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM/kernel * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
Ok then, now that u've read the disclaimer we can continue with me and this kernel.
Frankly i'm no dev, just know a little bit of linux thus i know howto compile kernel, and i like tinkering with kernel to include what i like.
by that i'm learning as i go, so go easy on me please
About the kernel name, MESA stands for Man-Eating Seals of Antiquity, codename for kernel 2.6.32.
Roughly features of this kernel include:
- base on Sony's official 4.1.B.0.587 kernel source, so i build this from ground up. patched to upstream 220.127.116.11. ics kernel should work with stock/custom rom based on stock ics 4.1.B.0.431 or 4.1.B.0.587, and jb kernel should work with source based jb rom eg cm10, aokp and pa. personally i've tested this with expeacer's exmiuiv4, lasan's miui, stock ics, fxp's cm10 and aokp jb.
- updated to upstream linux 18.104.22.168.
- hybrid kernel, support stock/stock based, cm9/cm9 based, cm10/cm10 based rom.
- patched with Con Kolivas's patchset that includes bfs task scheduler v0.404, so this is a bfs kernel. stock kernel and all of custom kernel here so far uses cfs cpu scheduler. read about bfs cpu scheduler here.
- oc upto 1.8ghz and using 100mhz steps. default boot only use 1ghz.
- uv sysfs interface to modify voltage. i also decrease voltage abit. for anyone who wish to use stock voltage, heres stock voltage table
- cpu governors includes default stock ondemand, interactive, powersave, perfomance and userspace, i've added ondemandx, intellidemand, smartassV2, smoothass, interactivex, brazilianwax, scary, lulzactive, lagfree, smartass, minmax and savagedzen. default booting governor is interactive, its been updated/backported from kernel 3.x. read about cpu governors here.
- disk io scheduler includes deadline, sio, cfq, noop, anticipatory, zen, bfq and vr. default booting disk io scheduler is sio. read about io schedulers here.
- dual recovery, cwm and twrp. access cwm by pressing volume down button and twrp by pressing power button. also can swap those keycode by adding "swap.recovery.keycode=true" to build.prop. phone will vibrate slightly before entering both recovery as indicator. also included autoroot which wont give problem with miui rom, init.d startup script and unsecure ramdisk for adb root access. v4.7 got twrp 22.214.171.124 and cwm 126.96.36.199.
- swap and zram support.
- ext2/3/4 support.
- usb otg support.
- ntfs read/write with fuse module built in.
- samba support with cifs module built in.
- wifi modules integrated into kernel, then added into ramdisk. it will be insmod directly from ramdisk and existing wifi modules in rom wont be touched.
for full itsy bitsy changes read the changelog.txt in download folder.
and to comply and abide with gpl, source diff also included in the download folder.
1- be sure u already unlocked bootloader.
2- download correct kernel for your rom and phone and make sure md5 checksum matches. jellybean rom should use the kernel with "jb" in filename. or just use the new hybrid which support cm9/cm9 based, cm10/cm10 based rom and cm10.1/cm10.1 based rom.
3- if kernel downloaded in *.7z format u need to unpack it using winrar or 7zip.
4- flash the kernel via fastboot.
- ini.d script not working? read this
- stuck at booting after flashing kernel? wait a little bit longer. kernel needs to run some script when booting.
- still stuck at booting? wipe cache and dalvik cache via recovery.
1- if u got freeze problem, paste logcat to pastebin and give me the link.
2- if u got sudden reboot, after the sudden reboot, paste content of /proc/last_kmesg to pastebin and give me the link.
3- also tell me which phone u use, with which rom and which kernel.
what is that logcat and dmesg thingy u kept talking about? google for it.
how to get it? use this
Credits also goes to:
- google for this awesome platform, android.
- sony for releasing the kernel source.
- fxp team for some of their patch i use, and for the awesome cm10.
- kamarush for helping with problem i've had with wifi modules earlier, and also for the ramdisk i've taken from his minicmlite v3 kernel.
- doomlord for some of his patch i use.
- krizky82 for some of his patch i use.
- adridu59 for some of his patch i use.
- <insert your name here if u feel that i've failed to mention your name>