Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,733 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to connect a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0 WIRELESSLY without Kies or Bluetooth?

Tip us?

bettyhills
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to connect a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0 WIRELESSLY without Kies or Bluetooth?

Can anyone tell me how to make Windows XP see my rooted Samsung GALAXY Tab2 7.0 as a "drive letter" on my home LAN and vice-versa? (For example, my PC sees and can connect to my wireless laptop as a "drive letter" on my home network. I want the same capability with the Tablet for the purpose of sharing files.)

I have the GALAXY Tab2 7.0 WI-FI set up properly wirelessly on my home network. The Tab2 connects to the Internet, GooglePlay, sends and receives email, and even connects wirelessly to my own PC through Kies Air (though it will only transfer media files that way--a gripe I'd like to address another time).

I want the PC to see the Tablet (and its SD cards with folders & files), and the Tablet to see the PC (with folders & files) WIRELESSLY without resorting to Kies or Bluetooth.

Can anyone who has done this tell me how to do it?

________

Samsung GALAXY Tab2 7.0 - GT-P3113
OS Android 4.0.3 ICS Ver. UEALD3 8GB + Ext.SDHC 8GB
Superuser, ROM Manager, Root Explorer, Titanium Backup PRO

Ectoplasmic
Old
Thanks Meter 44
I'm just starting to investigate this myself. I have this working on my Kindle Fire:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...smanager&hl=en

With it I can read directly from a windows share on another PC wirelessly. It requires root and needed drivers on the Kindle. I have no idea if it will work on the Galaxy Tab without drivers and root. I would guess no.

bettyhills
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Not only is the CifsManager app a possibility, but in reading those app reviews on Google Play, a user mentioned another app, AndSMB, that may be useful. You pointed me in the right direction. Thank you.