Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,869 Members 39,444 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ALL ICS / JELLYBEAN / KIT KAT] Related Topics / Questions / News

Tip us?
 
skilovan
Old
#781  
skilovan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 202
Join Date: May 2012
If i understand it right, Samno will be able to flash ICS on his P920,if he resolve some problem this weekend.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1879009
Sorry if i'am wrong .

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app
 
speedyranger
Old
#782  
speedyranger's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 417
Posts: 1,192
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rome
might be useful?
http://developer.lgmobile.com/lge.md...ype&tabIndex=0
Samsung:
Galaxy S5 white SM-G900F knox 0x0
Galaxy GT-I9505:
Black: ECHOE_ROM_V.22_oLdBoOtLoAdEr
White: (knox 0x0) build_KOT49H.I9505XXUFNB8

Galaxy Gear SM-V700 Tizen

 
matthiasstoopman1990
Old
#783  
Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 43
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default I have asked some information from LG (NL) and this is there response

Thank you for your message to LG Electronics
*
*

Dear Stoopman,

Thank you for your e-mail with your question regarding upgrade to Android Ice Cream Sandwich.

At this time we can not confirm on Ice Cream Sandwich for Android devices from the Benelux.

This is because we have a beta version had been tried and have many problems had been recently in Indonesia have been an update and we strive to provide the Benelux any bugs to remove us from sitting so you as a consumer can fully enjoy the update otherwise we have a while to bring
Follow our Dutch Social Media pages like: twitter.com / LG_WEBCARE_NL or twitter.com / LG_NIEUWS_NL or facebook.com / LGNEDERLAND for the latest news that applies to the Benelux.

We have - unlike previous Posting (from LG HQ) about what global would be rolled-
news about the upgrade (Gingerbread) to Ice Cream Sandwich for the Benelux Android devices:

At present it is not clear whether actual ICS for Optimus 2x Speed, Optimus 3D, Optimus Black available - at all.
For the Prada is not yet established. What to foreign social media (Facebook) stated, is not applicable to the UK!

Again sorry for the non makt and we understand your frustration, we are working hard on it.
 
LeighR
Old
(Last edited by LeighR; 18th September 2012 at 05:08 PM.)
#784  
LeighR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 90
Posts: 499
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by skilovan View Post
If i understand it right, Samno will be able to flash ICS on his P920,if he resolve some problem this weekend.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1879009
Sorry if i'am wrong .

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app
Yeah hopefully he gets it working. Appreciate his efforts.

A guy on the development forum can convert P920 ROMs to SU760 so it may be possible to do in reverse.

If an LG Development employee was smart, he would leak the beta and when the community produced a superior ROM, he would have a head start at work.

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to LeighR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
lag14
Old
#785  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyranger View Post
That's just the Real 3D SDK based on the ICS API for creating 3D applications.
 
alanhenrique
Old
#786  
alanhenrique's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 165
Join Date: May 2012
Location: São José do Rio Preto
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighR View Post
Yeah hopefully he gets it working. Appreciate his efforts.

A guy on the development forum can convert P920 ROMs to SU760 so it may be possible to do in reverse.

If an LG Development employee was smart, he would leak the beta and when the community produced a superior ROM, he would have a head start at work.

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app
I believe that this has happened and what is not leaked beta ROM but was released because developers were waiting for answers Bugs that they could not solve. But it ai have a serious problem, because even if the LG3d of China still has many problems with an ICS Rom, imagine for our 920H P920 and the problem is even bigger, as far as I know these LG3D were released 6 months later the Chinese version.
if the Chinese do not have to imagine another.

this is my opinion !
 
Tactics119
Old
(Last edited by Tactics119; 18th September 2012 at 06:58 PM.) Reason: add.
#787  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 160
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighR View Post
Yeah hopefully he gets it working. Appreciate his efforts.

A guy on the development forum can convert P920 ROMs to SU760 so it may be possible to do in reverse.

If an LG Development employee was smart, he would leak the beta and when the community produced a superior ROM, he would have a head start at work.

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app
I've said the same, more or less, earlier in this thread.
Attacking L.G. via petitions etc., would be counter productive, in my honest opinion. We can work together and attain tangible results for both the P920 and L.G.s development department, who's reputation, quite frankly, is lower than a snakes belly button, at this time.

Diplomacy may well produce results.

XDA is very influential, in Android circles, you can bet your bottom dollar that L.G. are aware of this thread.

Just my thoughts on this issue.
 
defcomg
Old
#788  
defcomg's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1799
Posts: 2,375
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Port Elizabeth

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthiasstoopman1990 View Post
Thank you for your message to LG Electronics
*
*

Dear Stoopman,

Thank you for your e-mail with your question regarding upgrade to Android Ice Cream Sandwich.

At this time we can not confirm on Ice Cream Sandwich for Android devices from the Benelux.

This is because we have a beta version had been tried and have many problems had been recently in Indonesia have been an update and we strive to provide the Benelux any bugs to remove us from sitting so you as a consumer can fully enjoy the update otherwise we have a while to bring
Follow our Dutch Social Media pages like: twitter.com / LG_WEBCARE_NL or twitter.com / LG_NIEUWS_NL or facebook.com / LGNEDERLAND for the latest news that applies to the Benelux.

We have - unlike previous Posting (from LG HQ) about what global would be rolled-
news about the upgrade (Gingerbread) to Ice Cream Sandwich for the Benelux Android devices:

At present it is not clear whether actual ICS for Optimus 2x Speed, Optimus 3D, Optimus Black available - at all.
For the Prada is not yet established. What to foreign social media (Facebook) stated, is not applicable to the UK!

Again sorry for the non makt and we understand your frustration, we are working hard on it.
Heres the prob with that reply is it all the phone o3d black 2x that have "many problems", if so then lg should fire the entire dev team because similar devices have ics if not jb if its just the one device which one release the others stop holding up the updates. Im guesing the "Many Problems" as they say is being caused by there LG UI 3.0 if thats the case give pure ASOP because chances are nobody gonna keep it stock anyways could that be the reason for locked bootloader who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics119 View Post
I've said the same, more or less, earlier in this thread.
Attacking L.G. via petitions etc., would be counter productive, in my honest opinion. We can work together and attain tangible results for both the P920 and L.G.s development department, who's reputation, quite frankly, is lower than a snakes belly button, at this time.

Diplomacy may well produce results.

XDA is very influential, in Android circles, you can bet your bottom dollar that L.G. are aware of this thread.

Just my thoughts on this issue.
I Agree but the problem is lg the don't communicate nomally when you hear a compay like HTC has announced updates its never like HTC UK,HTC China etc like with LG you don't know whos telling the truth its like LG has a company ina company LG Korea LG Indonessia LG Germany this says that etc they needs to be a central LG which id assume is LG Korea with lg being Korean and all however as seen via there twitter if you don't speak korean they don't speak to you.

Bottom line is we don't know whats happening with the updates the tell us Jak **** diddly squat F*All so we left with gueses its really not that difficult LG Post a statement note or something saying whats going No News in LG`s Case is bad news.

Diplomacy may well produce results. Teach it to lg
 
schubeir
Old
#789  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 98
Posts: 341
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by defcomg View Post
Diplomacy may well produce results. Teach it to lg
you are right defcomg! LG guys must be sadists, enjoying the increasing frustration levels of LGO3D users! else, they would have come out with some sensible outputs!

anyway, ICS is so long delayed, only O3D users find it exciting! the rest of the world is finding discussions of JB exciting. O3D is a good phone, there is no doubt about that. just that the softwares skewed it up, the greatest source of irritation being LG themselves. life's good seems nice to hear, but life's far from good for us O3D fans.

schubeir
 
Tactics119
Old
(Last edited by Tactics119; 18th September 2012 at 07:51 PM.)
#790  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 160
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by defcomg View Post
Heres the prob with that reply is it all the phone o3d black 2x that have "many problems", if so then lg should fire the entire dev team because similar devices have ics if not jb if its just the one device which one release the others stop holding up the updates. Im guesing the "Many Problems" as they say is being caused by there LG UI 3.0 if thats the case give pure ASOP because chances are nobody gonna keep it stock anyways could that be the reason for locked bootloader who knows.



I Agree but the problem is lg the don't communicate nomally when you hear a compay like HTC has announced updates its never like HTC UK,HTC China etc like with LG you don't know whos telling the truth its like LG has a company ina company LG Korea LG Indonessia LG Germany this says that etc they needs to be a central LG which id assume is LG Korea with lg being Korean and all however as seen via there twitter if you don't speak korean they don't speak to you.

Bottom line is we don't know whats happening with the updates the tell us Jak **** diddly squat F*All so we left with gueses its really not that difficult LG Post a statement note or something saying whats going No News in LG`s Case is bad news.

Diplomacy may well produce results.
That was the intention of my post. We are in no position to dictate, only to ask. These are the facts of the matter. I want results, ICS for our phone, the P920.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes