[ROM][Early pre-alpha] AOSP ICS 4.0.4_r2.1 for DS5.
This ROM is not intended for everyday use and posted mainly for experienced users and streak-oriented developerss to evaluate it and collaborate on bug resolution and further development. If you expect it to fit any particular purpose - answer is: "No, not yet."
People who really helped to make this possible:
- author of original cm9 overlay files and pricey patches for DSC kernel.
) - team lead of DSC Phoenix kernel, which is used (in it's ICS-que incarnation) to power up this ROM.
) - original kgsl3.8 backport is taken from his kernel HD2 ics and used to provide support for ICS adreno drivers. Also, Marc's advices on changes in hw init procedures related to new kgsl were priceless. Marc, you're da man!
- for excellent guides on installing android build environment.
teams - for their hardware overlays.
- Adeno drivers used to provide hwaccel (for real now, surfaceflinger no longer eats 100% of cpu all the time)
- GSM subsystem - rild is partially working (no sim pin prompt)
- Bluetooth - seem to work. Phone is able to pair to BT headset and output sound thru it (OP's Nokia's BH-103 - tested)
- Wifi - partially. Signal strenght not being displayed at statusbar
- Touchscreen - working.
- Charging - works partially. Phone charges, reports battery percentage, but not voltages.
- Sound output - works (No headset icon in statusbar is normal for stock sources.)
- Data usage collecting.
Known not to work:
Other bugs observed by OP
- Everything that's not listed as working.
(to be extended with ROM users' feedback):
Development related links:
- No mobile data reported by several users. OP is unable to reproduce it, so it's being investigated in "blind" mode at the moment. Currently known rild refuses to establish datacall because it thinks that user has no data subscription. EDIT: there's report that removing PIN makes things to work. Not perfect, yes, but worth a try. Report your results, please.
- Scanning for available cellular networks is broken.
- Extremely high load average (sometimes, seem to be caused by installed applications)
: ROM itself
- Updated Jul. 14th 13:53MST (changes: see post #2)
Updated Jun. 28th 05:16MST. Temoporary solution for webkit rendering glitches.
for details Mirror
recommended way to gain a root on this ROM (By TheManii
posted earlier in General forum *click*
Usual ones. ROM is pre-alpha, so nandroid backup is your natural choice in this case
. Factory reset from recovery menu is suggested (dalvik cache deletion is optional but recommended for first boot - caches will be rebuilt anyway).
Updating from previous builds of this ROM:
- Flash new version
- Flash gapps
- Flash Superuser.zip (if applicable)
Feel free to provide additional details and feedback as you test it out. This project is amied to provide a stable base for future streak development. Once we have stable AOSP with full hw support - we have nice shortcut for porting anything that's not AOSP.
OP is not really experienced in ROM hacking and modding - all tips related to optimisation are greatly welcomed - for everyone's benefit