Install Stock ICS Messaging app? (mms.apk?)

Search This thread

Bakedbread

Nov 25, 2009
So I tried looking for a solution and so far havent found anything

I like stock touchwiz (so far) mostly because of the Motion options Samsung introduced (AOKP and CM9 have yet to implement these)

I really liked the stock messaging app from ICS (coming from a Galaxy Nexus) and was wondering if there is a way of getting it on the S3

I tried pushing the stock "mms.apk" to the /system/app folder but it keep saying there is a conflict and cannot install (installing the stock gallery.apk worked though)

The S3 messaging app is called "Secmms.apk" , but even if i rename that and try installing the stock mms.apk it just said the install failed

Does anyone have any clue on how to install the stock ICS messaging app?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: OssiKalle

Difusal

Jul 3, 2011
London, UK

I like stock touchwiz (so far) mostly because of the Motion options Samsung introduced (AOKP and CM9 have yet to implement these)

I really liked the stock messaging app from ICS (coming from a Galaxy Nexus) and was wondering if there is a way of getting it on the S3

I tried pushing the stock "mms.apk" to the /system/app folder but it keep saying there is a conflict and cannot install (installing the stock gallery.apk worked though)

The S3 messaging app is called "Secmms.apk" , but even if i rename that and try installing the stock mms.apk it just said the install failed

Thanks in advance!

could you please upload secmms.apk?

Bakedbread

Nov 25, 2009
Dude where is info about your rom base ???
Come on !

This is for LF2 base.

Remeber:
delete mms.apk and SecMms.apk.
after paste my apk, restart to recovery wipe catch and dalwik>>>restart the phone.

haha sorry, im on Wanam 1.2 (LF2 base) custom ROM

Thank you! Your apk worked, but do you have the same messaging mms.apk that ISN'T inverted in colours? (Basically the stock green messaging one from Galaxy Nexus)?

Thanks again!

g4rvd4

Jul 15, 2010
Mumbai
Now that the issue is solved, can someone upload the vanilla apk for the gallery please :)

And yeah, calendar would be nice too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA

Bakedbread

Nov 25, 2009
Now that the issue is solved, can someone upload the vanilla apk for the gallery please :)

And yeah, calendar would be nice too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA

here's the stock vanilla ICS gallery.apk
it worked for me (just copy it to the /system/app folder and install

not sure about the calendar one though

Attachments

• Gallery2.apk
    1.5 MB · Views: 825

paulswift36

Feb 27, 2007
Contacts is part of the dialler so you'll get into a mess if you try to change that, I did. I also changed the keyboard by putting in the latinIME.apk and then switching to it as the default input method. I find the stock keyboard quite unreliable.

If you use the CM gallery, as already posted, you can set the background screen image to be scrollable at the right resolution.

silv3r4sh

Dec 3, 2005
touchwiz lockscreen

hi guys,

like you, i'm loving ics stock sms app but have you noticed that when an sms comes in, we don't have the button to drag on the lockscreen anymore to go straight to the sms app?

anyone have a solution for this? :)

thanks!

nemesis16

Jan 18, 2011
hello guys,

can u help me?
in my sgs3 (XXALE8), the sms messanger will ever crash.
can you send you me the "scmms.apk" from XXALE8, or from other rom what is compatible, please!?!
i have the stock rom, but i dont now we i can this app extractet :-(

I'd be so grateful

silv3r4sh

Dec 3, 2005
thanks for tweeting suroot!

I'm referring to the big circle with the sms icon that appears on the right center of the lockscreen that we used to get then a new sms arrives - then we drag it from the left to the right to open the sms application, that way we don't have to sacrifice one of the 4 shortcut slots for sms app :)

that's the one I was referring to, and it's gone now! :(

Re add it in menu, setting, security, lockscreen, shortcuts... works Fine

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

julien.me

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
As requested my friend! ;) I have also attached the Email APK too. Looks more sleek than the original.

Again, credits to the person that originally uploaded it.

Thanks for that but I am having trouble replacing the Email (Exchange) app from my stock rooted S3.
Do you have to have a deoxed ROM to replace the Email app for the stock one?
I cannot replace email.apk as there is simply none in the ROM, only an Exchange.apk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try this.....hope it works. I got it here on XDA a while back but cant remember from where.

to install....same process as above. all the best. :)

View attachment Mms.apk
    Dude where is info about your rom base ???
    Come on !

This is for LF2 base.

Remeber:
    delete mms.apk and SecMms.apk.
    after paste my apk, restart to recovery wipe catch and dalwik>>>restart the phone.

Thanks in advance!
    Try this.....hope it works. I got it here on XDA a while back but cant remember from where.

to install....same process as above. all the best. :)

View attachment 1139074

Awesome thank you! it worked!
    hey rumz82

can you share ICS calendar?

As requested my friend! ;) I have also attached the Email APK too. Looks more sleek than the original.

Again, credits to the person that originally uploaded it.