XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy S3 - Driver issues W7

Tip us?

pacificblue03
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default error 43

well i will try if i can but it will be in a day or two as im packed to the top with assignments

johnride
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Also I did not mention that but you can access your phone via the wifi network starting an ssh or ftp server on it, the one I use is connect bot from the market. This way you can manage you music and files over the network.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA

pacificblue03
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default error 43

yes i have done it using kies air that works. i will try the ubuntu method as soon as i can. thanks for all your help so far everyone.

bigstarrynight
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Can you confirm that your usb ports on the PC is working with other devices. Its starting to look like a faulty phone. Have you tried a different usb cable, or can you check the current one with another device. We need to exclude all other factors before we conclude it is a faulty phone.

pacificblue03
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default error 43

other devices work yes.

bigstarrynight
Old
Thanks Meter 55
OK, looks like a croaked phone. Last ditch effort. If you go over to the forums at http://www.sevenforums.com/ have a good search for that error 43 code, there might be an answer that I've missed. We could also have a good look at the windows error logs, but I don't hold much hope as you have proven the PC hardware works, and you have checked and cross checked the drivers. All the error logs will show is an expanded view of the error.

I would consider returning the device with a view to a new replacement. Sorry. :(

orb3000
Old
XDA News Writer / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3010
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation .

Thread moved to Q&A due to it being a question. Would advise you to read forum rules and post in correct section.

Failure to comply with forum rules will result in an infraction and/or ban depending on severity of rule break.
orb

HTC One Max - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognises that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly

Sincerinhoo
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Got the same issue on 3 different W7 pc's. Got my sgs3 like 3 days. first day USB connection worked just fine but now there's no way of connection it to pc with USB. offcourse you can connect with WIFI but with USB link is much faster

r32chaos
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Cool Galaxy S3 drivers issue...resolved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificblue03 View Post
I have a Samsung galaxy s3 which is just about 2 weeks old, stock rom and not modded in any way, i have been able to connect it to pc and it would be fine and work, the past 2 - 3 days whichever pc i plug it into mine or another pc windows will say that the usb device is not recognized and does not install the driver i also cant access it in any way (from usb).

i need help with this i have no answers on Google and i need to access my phone to get music and stuff on it but we need to figure out why mtp or camera mode or usb debugging all do not work.

Thanks.
I had the same problem and could not figure out why...here is the deal:
Prior to SGS3, I had the old Samsung Galaxy S/Vibrant and was using the USB cable which came with it...then I thought; maybe the USB cable in the box of GS3 is different or superior...i tried it and VOILA! it worked...so that is all I had to do...all these reboots and re-installing drivers was just a waste of time...PS> I am running Win 7 64bit
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to r32chaos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pacificblue03
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Post USB ERROR

I still cant connect with 3 different cables, i am going to do a factory data reset and tell you all how i go in about 15 minutes...