XDA 2013 Beta Theme is Now Live! [Comments Thread]

OP svetius

19th June 2012, 02:52 PM   |  #1  
OP User Experience Admin
Thanks Meter: 3,908

3,477 posts
More
Today we are announcing the public beta of the new "2013" theme for the XDA forums. This theme is in active development, though for the most part it should be suitable for daily use. You can access it via the "Style Chooser" in the bottom left corner of most pages.

Please note: this theme is not bug free. It's possible that you will notice some funky behavior while using it.

Some of the primary benefits/features:
  • When we finish optimizing, it will be significantly faster than the existing "XDA 2010" theme.
  • Optimized for displays 1280 width screen resolution
  • We've added a sidebar to update you on PMs and subscribed threads/forums. This is collapsible for users when reading threads.
  • Tabbed home page which will default to showing your subscriptions to give you easy-access to the forums you care about most.
  • Enhanced device information pages (for example: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1533) that will show specs and root instructions for some devices.
  • Plus many other little additions and improvements.

Most of the user-facing changes are cosmetic. We created XDA 2013 as a platform for much more significant enhancements to the site, which will be rolling out over the next few months.

Please use this thread to post your comments and suggestions. If you have bugs to report, please post your thoughts in this thread.

Thank you for your help!
Last edited by svetius; 19th June 2012 at 04:13 PM.
The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to svetius For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2012, 03:21 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Slovenj Gradec
Thanks Meter: 741

2,261 posts
More
Just wondering, is there a place where we users can send in our device's info, so that the people working on it won't have so much work?
19th June 2012, 03:27 PM   |  #3  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Oxford/Leicester, UK
Thanks Meter: 1,262

1,726 posts
Donate to Me
More
Cheers for all the effort put into it! Looks awesome!
19th June 2012, 03:37 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 16

81 posts
More
Use it sice a week and its very fast. the only problem is the thanks-expand-arrow, he is too wide away from the text

Admin Edit: I made the "expand" text clickable also. - js1999

Edit: Thanks Admin
Last edited by deutron; 19th June 2012 at 04:14 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deutron For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2012, 03:50 PM   |  #5  
Flag Bowleys Quaters, Maryland
Thanks Meter: 81

1,250 posts
Donate to Me
More
Awesome loving the new refreshed look of the site
19th June 2012, 04:34 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 896

3,501 posts
More
just a suggestion.
The "online" symbol should be more green as currently difference between offline(black) and online(green) is very less noticeable
19th June 2012, 04:44 PM   |  #7  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 3,124

10,280 posts
More
I really hate that there is so much crammed everyhwere, the right side portal stories are annoying, if I want portal stories I click on "portal"

I think the 2010 version is better, some of the fonts are cooler on the 2013 version but there is just way too much crammed on the screen at once.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to orangekid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2012, 04:57 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Themer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 3,181

2,806 posts
More
sweet, trying it now.
This is defiantly different, looks clean, futuristic. I like it, will take sometime for my eyes to adjust to it tho.
Last edited by The-Captain; 19th June 2012 at 05:01 PM.
19th June 2012, 10:31 PM   |  #9  
Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee / Haggis Muncher
Flag NSW, Australia
Thanks Meter: 9,443

23,484 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid

I really hate that there is so much crammed everyhwere, the right side portal stories are annoying, if I want portal stories I click on "portal"

I think the 2010 version is better, some of the fonts are cooler on the 2013 version but there is just way too much crammed on the screen at once.

You can close the sidebar if you don't really like it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the_scotsman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2012, 10:57 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,081

2,956 posts
More
So far, the only thing I don't really like about this is the fact that if you click on a device (e.g. the HD2) all of the subforums appear. I understand that outside of the HD2 this won't be a major problem, but it still looks a bit clunky. Also, on normal zoom (i.e. I've pressed ctrl+0) I get a scroll bar thing along the bottom? Seems a bit odd, probably just a little glitch. Don't have it outside of when I'm replying though.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2013, new template
Previous Thread Next Thread