[RECOVERY][ICS] BMM - Boot Menu Manager - v0.2.7 [ARCHIVE]
What is Boot Menu Manager?
Boot Menu Manager is like a second-stage loader. It run after Motorola bootloader and hijack android initial boot process. It allows you to to run custom command before booting android, run customized CWM-based recovery & booting from a second system partition. (Most people call this dual-booting.)
So, in summary, Boot Menu Manager is an almost complete package for toying with your phone.
It was specially design to work with our locked bootloader system & to prevent software brick.
(Trust me, you'll be using less fastboot after this)
Remarks and thanks
Fail safe hijack operation :
- Loaded on each boot.
- Configurable timeout, auto-boot to default setting.
- Force showing Boot Menu Manager when boot using BP HW Diag & Boot AP
CWM-based Recovery :
- Based on latest open source CWM-220.127.116.11
- Touch-able interface.(Experimental features)
- Highly customized & added function like backup individual partition.
- Safety features. - install hijack, install root, backup & protect root.
- Safe partition format operation (Won't do real format of our locked/signed partition, just rm -r *)
- System integrity check on exit of recovery : ensure system is bootable in next boot
- Auto-removed file protection flag : ensure 100% successful nandroid restore
- Working ADB & Mass-storage : ADB service is available as soon as Recovery is started.
- Dual operation : Select between 1st & 2nd system.
- Run a second system on abandon webtop partition
- Great for testing ROM.
- Recommended for ROM development.
Custom init (via 2nd-init):
- Boot android with customized init environment
-Enable custom service
-Disable stock background service (service like qe)
- Bypass bp-tools (In some kernel - ChinaRetail)
- Always run adb as root, so there's no need to run su command each time
- Custom adb reboot mapping
adb reboot recovery -> Reboot to custom recovery
adb reboot second -> Reboot to 2nd-system
adb reboot stockrecovery -> Reboot to stock recovery
- adb remount with noatime,nodirtime flag
subsequent call to this command will remout /system as ro.
- This feature is disabled by default. Use Boot Menu Manager app to enable/disable it
Integration with android OS (via Boot Menu Manager app) :
- Configure boot & recovery option.
- Clean uninstall option
Other recovery package lack this option & leave a leftover files on your system.
(this leftover files cause OTA update to fail)
- Reboot widget
koush & CyanogenMod - CWM
TeamWin - touch related item for recovery
STS-Dev-Team (Hashcode&dhacker29) - Motorola Spyder related configuration
koush & cvpcs - hijack binary codes, bootstrap
Skrilax_CZ - 2nd-init
lukas77,dtrail1,leisures,sevenup30,FrAsErTaG & core720 for their ideas, support, bug report & testing for alpha release.
androidol - Traditional & Simplified Chinese
maarawoe - Czech
spryte - German
pedrotorresfilho - Portuguese
HSD-Pilot -for helping with Q&A, guide
You're welcome to include/distibute Boot Menu Manager app on your ROM.
(Just make sure you don't re-sign it's security certificate)
How to install
Boot Menu Manager app is an application to provide an easy install way for Motorola Razr.
It also includes a simple updater, reboot widget & configuration tools.
Please respect my work & don't re-upload/re-publish on file sharing service. I've paid google to host this file for me.
Enjoy & give suggestion for improvement.
- Change logs
WARNING : This release is only for ICS with 3.0.8 kernel. Although it has been tested many times, there is still a possibility for a bug to exist.Proceed at your own risk. Don't try this if you're not comfortable fixing your phone/fastboot/troubleshooting
Update : New thread for jellybean base build