FORUMS

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[APP]New Beta (02/8/2012) Dolphin Engine

19th June 2012, 06:46 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 179

More
What is Dolphin Engine in Beta?

Dolphin Engine (in Beta) is an improved webkit version with extensive canvas enhancement and behind-the-scenes technology that makes it the highest performing HTML5 browser available today.

What does highest performing mean?

Dolphin has placed particular attention to canvas element, 2D context and text rendering. In addition, Dolphin Engine made significant GPU technology improvements around GPU accelerated canvas rendering and optimized CPU / GPU parallel computing.

How fast? Dolphin Engine’s HTML-5 Rendering is:

5-10X faster than the default Android browser
100% faster than Chrome (at times)
Scored over a 450 when tested on HTML5test.com. (HTML5test.com is an a respected tool for testing a browser’s support of HTML5)
Try it out our latest version of Dolphin Engine, the behind-the scenes technology that makes this Dolphin Browser the highest performing HTML5 browser.

Download: http://goo.gl/YyxSH
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1V...2VTT0pkWHFFVGM

Includes:

Android 4.1 support
Faster page Loading and response speed
Stability and improvements for Android 2.3+
Improved Flash support
Improved HTML5 canvas support
Various stability and performance improvement
Last edited by rafa6571; 5th August 2012 at 10:19 PM.
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to rafa6571 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

20th June 2012, 02:58 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Wow, this apk is pretty legit. I can browse desktop sites on my phone with little problems whereas before on previous browsers (stock, opera, chrome): the page would have problems rendering partial frames. I'm on AOKP mtdvibrant.
20th June 2012, 03:15 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
test it on my defy.
through i donot like dolphin at all.
20th June 2012, 05:56 AM |#4  
Flag S.Ogden
Thanks Meter: 1,154

More
Very fast. I dig it thanks
20th June 2012, 09:51 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Very nice! Loading of pages is the fastest I have seen, yet.

Page scrolling on my Nexus One (CM7 Nightly) is still ways behind Opera Mini, but that is not a full-fledged browser so a comparison would not be fair.
Opera Mobile has about the same scrolling smoothness as Dolphin HD so that's that, but stock browser is smooth as a baby's butt for me...would love that for Dolphin as well.
20th June 2012, 10:03 AM |#6  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Hmm? Dunno if it is just me or there is nothing displayed at all in the browser.
20th June 2012, 10:45 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 645

More
Ok this just became my default browser. Nothing tops this. Not even the Linaro Firefox nightlies.
20th June 2012, 11:46 AM |#8  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Seems very buggy on my DHD, html5 doesn't work, images aren't displayed (I get a blue square), it crash on html5test.com
20th June 2012, 12:28 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Is this related to the same company who runs dolphin browser? If yes I don't want anything to do with it.
20th June 2012, 12:34 PM |#10  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Installed it on my Sony Xperia S. It froze on first use and I had to reboot the phone. Tried it a second time and it froze again.

I think I'll stick to the original stable version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DnaPolymerase

Is this related to the same company who runs dolphin browser? If yes I don't want anything to do with it.

And why is that?

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread