Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 52,637 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Modding HTC One X Desktop Dock?

Tip us?

icingdeath88
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltahur View Post
Hi. I just ran into this old thread. I just got my att htc one x plus and i really want to make this dock work for it. This morning i received the uk dock so im ready for some modding. Do you still have it? do you have any pics of your result? thank you and much appreciated.
Sorry for the late response, forgot I ever even posted this. I still use the modded dock to charge my phone most of the time.

Some info which might be useful:
There are 8 screws holding the dock together. 2 in each front corner and 4 along the back side, basically. Peel up the rubber on the bottom to get to them.
I was planning to switch to nicer little foam pieces for the phone to sit against on the bottom, but I got lazy and left them there. Those are the bits of red tape in the pics below. I also never removed the tape, because it's clear and doesn't bother me.
There is a magnet in the dock to help get the phone positioned right when you set it down.
@ Jamesyboy The difference between the UK (or intl or w/e) version and the US version should be limited to just the pogo pins.

Here are some pics.

Old - Samsung epix, iphone 4
Current - htc one x
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to icingdeath88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kcchen
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Interesting desktop charger mod. Thanks for the pics. Too bad there wasn't enough room in the case to move the whole circuit board down.

icingdeath88
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchen View Post
Interesting desktop charger mod. Thanks for the pics. Too bad there wasn't enough room in the case to move the whole circuit board down.
What do you mean? I did move the whole pogo pin circuit board, it just overhangs the section of the dock that I moved.
Current - htc one x

kcchen
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
What do you mean? I did move the whole pogo pin circuit board, it just overhangs the section of the dock that I moved.
Oh... Well reverse engineering, I thought the foam tape was to shift the phone up for proper alignment. So I thpoight there was a restriction inside preventing the circuit board to be shifted further down. Sorry for my bad assumptions.

icingdeath88
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchen View Post
Oh... Well reverse engineering, I thought the foam tape was to shift the phone up for proper alignment. So I thpoight there was a restriction inside preventing the circuit board to be shifted further down. Sorry for my bad assumptions.
Ah, gotcha. The foam pads are instead of the little tray that sits in the dock to position the phone.
Current - htc one x

dafob
Old
(Last edited by dafob; 22nd February 2013 at 10:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15
Default Another CR-S650 Mod for AT&T HOX/HOX+

After see icingdeath88's attempt at modding the CR-S650 dock to fit the AT&T HOX, I was inspired to order the dock and make the same mods for my AT&T HOX+. It was actually a lot easier than I had anticipated because the HOXL+ POGO pins are only shifted over 1 slot. All that was needed was to drill a new hole and move the POGO board over one slot. I didn't have to cut out the entire piece like he did.

Pics and details posted on the HOX+ thread here.

Just wanted to say "Thanks!" to icingdeath88's photos. Now I also have a working POGO dock for the AT&T HOX+!
The Following User Says Thank You to dafob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

icingdeath88
Old
Thanks Meter 4
So the pogo pads on the ATT HOX+ are in another different spot? That's mildly irritating...

Glad you got a dock working too
Current - htc one x

dafob
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
So the pogo pads on the ATT HOX+ are in another different spot? That's mildly irritating...

Glad you got a dock working too
I think the POGO pins for the AT&T HOX and HOX+ are in the same identical spot. I compared the two at the AT&T store and couldn't tell them apart physically. So if you ever get a HOX+, you'll know it'll work with your modded dock...

icingdeath88
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Neat. It looked to me like the pads were moved both down and to the side, and I couldn't get them to line up when I tried it. But if it's just moved down by one pad, then it's a lot easier to mod it the way you did.
Current - htc one x

dafob
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Neat. It looked to me like the pads were moved both down and to the side, and I couldn't get them to line up when I tried it. But if it's just moved down by one pad, then it's a lot easier to mod it the way you did.
Also, I find it funny that you had to insert two pads on the bottom of the dock to raise your phone whereas I had to shave off the two plastic tabs where you have your pads to lower my phone to get a better contact. But looks like neither one of us needs the plastic tray nor will we be able to use a case w/ our phones.

Just wished HTC had made a stupid dock for the HOXL/HOXL+ from the get-go...

The Following User Says Thank You to dafob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]