Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How To Repair HTC One X Screen

OP repairsuniverse

17th August 2012, 02:02 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Is it anyone who have tried the repairs universe screen assambly and can comment on the quality? I tried to fix my HOX wit the parts4repair unit, and it was of really poor quality. The digitalizer was very bad, the buttons did not work and it did not have the tabs to transfer light to the buttons.

Anyone know wherento get a genuine, original screen assambly at a fair price?

Thanks,
Audun
20th August 2012, 03:02 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 2

2 posts
I had no luck with DIY solutions...
I can't comment on their full assembly's quality, I ordered a separate digitiser at my first attempt. I wasn't satisfied with what I got, their product page shows a glass with HTC logo, what I got was one with AT&T. We don't have AT&T here in Europe, so having installed that glass would just scream that something got replaced here, decreasing potential resale value of the phone in future.
When asking for full refund (shipping was as much as the item itself), they just denied it stating that product was as advertised.

Finally, I decided the debate doesn't worth it, and sent back the item, for 30 day money back, refund arrived shortly after.

For my second run, I ordered a full assembly from chinaphoneaccessories on ebay, item seemed okay on first glance (although missed all the stamps and QC stickers what are on the original screen), but it turned out to be a low quality part later. Here is a list of annoying faults:
  • it misses some kind of coating, so it has distincly less glossy finish on touch, attracts more grease and dust
  • has a few tiny holes on the backside of glass in black coating around the touch hardware buttons, where light shines through
  • after my first plane trip (maybe totally unrelated?) several small leaks of vapour showed up from the side behind the digitiser glass

Since these turned up after installation and they failed to refund even my previous item ordered from them, so I couldn't do much about it. My final advice: just bring it to an authorised service point, and have it repaired officially.
21st August 2012, 10:06 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 8

40 posts
Smile
Thanks for this I will bookmark it never know when you may drop your HTC One X
21st August 2012, 02:04 PM   |  #24  

2 posts
A follow up to my post on the top of this side. Parts4repair's customer service seems to be OK and they have promised me a replacement with quality equal to the original display, or a full refund.

For european owners of the one x who needs a new original screen, german ebay seems to be the best best place to go shopping, at least to my findings.
21st August 2012, 02:39 PM   |  #25  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 686

875 posts
Donate to Me
Could you post a link about a precise shop where to buy an original screen please??
Thank you very much!
22nd August 2012, 07:36 PM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 754

623 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenia1234

Could you post a link about a precise shop where to buy an original screen please??
Thank you very much!

Yes, you can find HTC ONE X replacement parts including screens here - HTC One X Screen Replacements
25th August 2012, 04:57 AM   |  #27  

4 posts
Thumbs up HTC One X Complete Screen Assembly
HTC One X Earpiece Speaker
HTC One X Complete Screen Assembly
HTC One X Volume Button -White
HTC One X Flex Cable Flex Cable Ribbon
HTC One X Power Flex Cable
HTC One X Back Camera Flex Cable
HTC One X Dock Port Charging Connector
HTC One X Back Housing Assembly Cover -White
HTC One X SIM Tray -White

My repair parts bought on this site, very good, free shipping,low price!

dealrepairs.com
25th August 2012, 08:20 PM   |  #28  
Heredia, Costa Rica
Thanks Meter: 34

228 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by repairsuniverse

Yes, you can find HTC ONE X replacement parts including screens here - HTC One X Screen Replacements

Is the screen-digitizer part advertised on the REPAIRSUNIVERSE site for the international Tegra 3 HOX or the US-Canada variants?
25th August 2012, 11:28 PM   |  #29  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 686

875 posts
Donate to Me
Yes...but I'm in europe!
Is there a place to buy it original just like the cracked one that I got now??
Thank you!
26th August 2012, 11:01 PM   |  #30  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 754

623 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenia1234

Yes...but I'm in europe!
Is there a place to buy it original just like the cracked one that I got now??
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garoto1973

Is the screen-digitizer part advertised on the REPAIRSUNIVERSE site for the international Tegra 3 HOX or the US-Canada variants?

Our screens are for the US models. We have not tried them on the international variants at present.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc, one x, repair guide, screen assembly, screen repair
Previous Thread Next Thread