Since it was too much of a hassle to include TWRP with every CM7 release, I decided to make a CMW flashable installer for TWRP.
Team Win Recovery Project 2.1, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
- When you flash a new ROM/boot.img after installing TWRP, if you do not select "Inject TWRP after install" you will go back to CWM!
- It's easier to just keep the checkbox ticked (TWRP remembers if you tick it) and have TWRP re-inject itself after every ROM/boot.img flash.
- Make sure you're on an MTD rom that's based on cm7 or an ICS rom
- Download sgs4g-mtd-twrp-installer.zip for CM7 or sgs4g-ics-twrp-2.2.0-installer.zip for ICS
- Reboot to recovery
- Flash the installer.zip you downloaded
- Enjoy! (After you reboot to recovery once more)
No link yet, but I will probably write a guide in the wiki on how to do it since you can build with almost no modification with how you build a CM7 boot.img
Oct 13, 2012
Updated to TWRP v18.104.22.168
sgs4g-ics-twrp-22.214.171.124-installer.zip (MD5: 2fccfd752936e7022896db6303663b0f)
Changelog from: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2
Significantly improved sd-ext handling (ext partitions on sdcards)
Changes to kinetic scrolling in file selectors
Fixed a problem with using periods in backup names
Fixed problems in XML layouts with mounting system and USB storage
Fixed a problem with unmounting a partition before formatting during restore
Add Jelly Bean decrypt support
Updated 320x480 theme to match others (thanks to Llewelyn)
Improve "symlinking" of /data/media to either /sdcard or /emmc
Added sanitizing of device IDs for invalid characters (thanks to bigbiff)
Fixed free space calculation when switching backup devices on /data/media devices
Fixed a problem with using OpenRecoveryScript to create a backup without providing a backup name
ICE CREAM SANDWICH (CM9/AOKP) Release
sgs4g-ics-twrp-2.2.0-installer.zip (MD5: c2be948473dd709ec9f38e9ec4156e63)
June 24, 2012
sgs4g-mtd-twrp-installer.zip (MD5: efa30628f760d49a41d8737eb999cc3d)
- Dees-Troy (for helping me with TWRP)
- Team Win (For making this awesome recovery)
- smasher816 (For Team-Win-Recovery-Project-Samsung)
- Team Acid for their awesome CM7 release