[APP][ICS][Samsung Galaxy SIII] VirutalKeys - HOME, RECENT APPS, SEARCH

Search This thread

oyam

May 14, 2012
www.authenticatorplus.com
Samsung Galaxy SIII's home button is very rough to press, long press of home button is really annoying, which makes multi tasking very tough, so I have developed this application for my personal use, hope its useful to others too.

Features:

Adds three shortcuts under 'VirtualKeys', HOME, RECENT APPS LIST, SEARCH [rooted device is required for SEARCH key functionality]

How to use:

STOCK touchwiz launcher -> Launcher -> widgets -> virtual key -> drop in desktop and select required shortcut

Why do I need HOME shortcut?

I use these shortcuts along with 'SwipePad: Hyperspace Jump' app, which lets you add shortcuts to its grid, So I can go to home/recent apps/search with just a swipe from any applications.

NOTE:
I AM NOT SURE HOW TO SIMULATE SEARCH KEY PRESS WITHOUT ROOT, PLEASE POINT OUT IF YOU KNOW ANY API.

I have designed this and tested inSGIII but should work in other devices too.

Feedback and thanks are welcome :)

Attachments

• VirtualKeys.apk
    74.5 KB · Views: 4,167
Last edited:

hisee

Oct 29, 2010
MUMBAI
pics pl

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Samsung Galaxy SIII's home button is very rough to press, long press of home button is really annoying, which makes multi tasking very tough, so I have developed this application for my personal use, hope its useful to others too.

Features:

Adds three shortcuts under 'VirtualKeys', HOME, RECENT APPS LIST, SEARCH [rooted device is required for SEARCH key functionality]

How to use:

STOCK touchwiz launcher -> Launcher -> widgets -> virtual key -> drop in desktop and select required shortcut

I use these shortcuts along with 'SwipePad: Hyperspace Jump' app, which lets you add shortcuts to its grid, So I can go to home/recent apps/search with just a swipe from any applications.

NOTE:
I AM NOT SURE HOW TO SIMULATE SEARCH KEY PRESS WITHOUT ROOT, PLEASE POINT OUT IF YOU KNOW ANY API.

how to add in go laucher

phoenixs3

Jul 16, 2012

Feedback and thanks are welcome :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks recent apps works as mentioned on my galaxy S3... but when using home shortcut nothing happens.. it registers touch and nothing moves .. i mean doesnt go to home screen from other screens.. is there any more i need to know?

xiver

Jul 12, 2012
on my sg3 (stock, non rooted) only multitask button works, home and search don't... but multitask is all I really wanted so :good:

alajeopravio

Jul 17, 2012
does not work all the time..

maybe because I do not have root access? I'm using swipepad and have added the shortcuts but the home shortcut just takes you out of the application you were in and back to touchwiz, and the recent apps shortcut works only some of the time, you have to keep on retrying before it will open the recent apps.. so a FANTASTIC idea, but frustrating if it does not work all the time

..actually just noticed that if I add the shortcut to the screen for the recent apps it works every time, just not from SwypePad... curious..

..and thank you for the app! :)

Goran

Last edited:

Cye3s

Jan 15, 2011
VirtualKeys + SwypePad now:good:
But recent apps is not working for me :crying:
And need "Back","Menu":laugh:

os2baba

May 4, 2009
Nova Launcher has this built in

I love capacitive buttons, but this one capacitive button and two soft buttons is unsettling since they require different pressures to be applied. I would have loved all capacitive buttons. But at this point, I'd rather have had all soft buttons than this mess.

Anyway, I use Nova launcher and I added both the "Recent Apps" and the "Text Search" from the "Nova Actions" to the dock. It's not as convenient as having a button on the phone since if I have an app, I first have to go to the desktop and then click on the dock button. So I also added it to the Notification Drop Down in the Notifications Toggle app.

You guys may also be aware of this, but another annoying thing was that it seemed to take longer than expected after hitting the Home Button to get to the home screen. Turns out that this was because hitting the home button twice starts the "S Voice" app and it was waiting for the second tap before showing the task list. Since I don't use S Voice, I turned it off. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGY3Kp9xga4

Last edited:
Reactions: lordcloud1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Features:

How to use:

NOTE:

Nova Launcher has this built in

I love capacitive buttons, but this one capacitive button and two soft buttons is unsettling since they require different pressures to be applied. I would have loved all capacitive buttons. But at this point, I'd rather have had all soft buttons than this mess.

Anyway, I use Nova launcher and I added both the "Recent Apps" and the "Text Search" from the "Nova Actions" to the dock. It's not as convenient as having a button on the phone since if I have an app, I first have to go to the desktop and then click on the dock button. So I also added it to the Notification Drop Down in the Notifications Toggle app.

You guys may also be aware of this, but another annoying thing was that it seemed to take longer than expected after hitting the Home Button to get to the home screen. Turns out that this was because hitting the home button twice starts the "S Voice" app and it was waiting for the second tap before showing the task list. Since I don't use S Voice, I turned it off. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGY3Kp9xga4