[APP/MOD] TouchControl / PGM (Galaxy Nexus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bponury

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 29, 2010
Sydney
forum.paranoid.me
**** ROOT NEEDED ****

I proudly announce - TouchControl V2

tc_v2_doge.jpg

________________ DESCRIPTION
To all who don't know this yet, this is a kernel module with a control application which allows you to perform some gestures that will in turn will execute some action (like simulating power key press or turning volume up).

List of configurable gestures:
  • slide - move finger (or fingers) on the screen in some way
  • pinch - pinch screen with two or more fingers
  • tap - tap the screen with one or more fingers in some place of the screen (or any place)

List of configurable actions:
  • press POWER
  • press VOLUME UP
  • press VOLUME DOWN
  • increase BRIGHTNESS
  • decrease BRIGHTNESS
  • play NEXT SONG
  • play PREVIOUS SONG
  • press HOME BUTTON
  • press BACK BUTTON

________________ SCREENSHOTS
screenshot-0.png
screenshot-1.png

screenshot-2.png
screenshot-3.png

________________ FAQ
  1. will it work on kernel X
    It is made to work on stock kernel. It might work on kernels which are close to stock. I will however try to find a way to make it as compatible as possible. I'm going to assume that you can safely try this mod on your kernel (but don't enable set-on-boot) worst case scenario is a reboot.

2. does this consume battery
    Short answer - Maybe.
    Long answer - this might bring some drain, some users report quite a big battery drain some not, I will address this issue in some time. Check yourself how much an issue it is for you. Also this change from device to device so there is no short answer (look up)

3. will it break my touchscreen
    Short answer - No
    Long answer - Digitizer is not mechanical so it shouldn't break. The same mod works for more then 2 years on my Galaxy Nexus and it never lost a bit of it's responsiveness

4. why do I have to pay
    Why did you pay for your phone? You did save a few bucks on the phone which was cheap. Now is your chance to make those savings worthy ;)

5. if I want to marry you where can I find you?
    Oh... this question meant to go somewhere else ;P And I'm taken.

________________ DOWNLOADS
FREE: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.paranoid.touchcontrolfree

PRO-TURBO: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.paranoid.touchcontrol

________________ DISCLAIMER

THIS IS HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL AND ALWAYS BE - PLEASE USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

________________ HOW TO UPDATE
  1. Uninstall the app
  2. Reboot device
  3. Install fresh from play store

XDA:DevDB Information
TouchControl, a Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
bponury

Version Information

Created 2013-11-22
Last Updated 2014-03-22

Last edited:

bponury

Apr 29, 2010
Sydney
forum.paranoid.me
Reserved

REALTIME MODULE REQUESTS STATS PER KERNEL ____________
Quick info about stats - it shows how much requests I'm getting for each kernel. So even if there is no module for that kernel it will be accounted as request. Also only one request per user per day is accounted. These stats are from last 7 days.

Per-Device stats

Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Nexus

Long story:
When you press download at the module loader prompt I am actually getting info about your kernel. This is added to the stats if haven't requested during last 24 hours.

Last edited:

idkwhothatis123

Oct 16, 2010
[

Sweet app. Franco 189 does not support it though. Will have to find a kernel that does.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: funnief13

bponury

Apr 29, 2010
Sydney
forum.paranoid.me
Does this kill battery?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

This will NOT add additional battery drain when the screen is not touched. When you touch the screen there's a bit of processing for that but it's really insignificant when you compare it to a few minutes of screen battery drain. Despite what some people are saying, there is no polling, no thread running. Devices use interrupts, so this mod is totally inactive until you touch the screen (it is "woken up" in that moment). I've this on Evo3D when I had it and I've found no additional battery drain. Here I'm using it for few days and I don't see the difference in battery life.

Reactions: MeHR@N

arhung

May 15, 2009
Hong Kong
feel disappointed that I can't use the app, because it saying my kernel doesn't support it
I'm using ARHD4.0.1 and Jame bond kernel.

bponury

Apr 29, 2010
Sydney
forum.paranoid.me
Why?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Because it's making the whole thread look huge and difficult to read.

You're mean.

Anyways. I flashed the default kernel and I have to say that I love you and this app. I would buy it but you need to make more kernels compatible ( I don't know if you can)

I can't. I'll try but kernel developers could just enable that config. It doesn't slow down the kernel at all and makes my life much easier. I'm happy that faux kernel (default from aokp) works with this.

Last edited:

Mylenthes

Aug 6, 2010
Because it's making the whole thread look huge and difficult to read.

I can't. I'll try but kernel developers could just enable that config. It doesn't slow down the kernel at all and makes my life much easier. I'm happy that faux kernel (default from aokp) works with this.

I'll buy it then, and try to tell der kernel to make trinity compatible

Reactions: zimphishmonger

Mylenthes

Aug 6, 2010
Hey, I bought the app and I got some error. I had the free one uninstalled and everything. So I Googled the error and it said to clear market data. When I did that it shows the app unpurchased and asks me to buy it again?

Edit: What the hell it took out 2 payments? Wtf is wrong with my market? Can you refund the second one?

Last edited:

bponury

Apr 29, 2010
Sydney
forum.paranoid.me
Hey, I bought the app and I got some error. I had the free one uninstalled and everything. So I Googled the error and it said to clear market data. When I did that it shows the app unpurchased and asks me to buy it again?

Edit: What the hell it took out 2 payments? Wtf is wrong with my market? Can you refund the second one?

Uninstall both, reboot, install paid version (kernel modules can't be unloaded so each time uninstall & reboot & install is needed).

I see only one payment from you.

Mylenthes

Aug 6, 2010
Uninstall both, reboot, install paid version (kernel modules can't be unloaded so each time uninstall & reboot & install is needed).

I see only one payment from you.

Its shown as unpurchased. In my bank account I see two ponury payments pending so maybe the second amount is a refund? I'm going to buy it a second time, if it comes out to be 3 purchases, then well figure it out.

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
can confirm this working properly on the samurai kernel. Which is based off of the faux kernel :D:D sweet app.

Sent From My Sprint Galaxy Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **** ROOT NEEDED ****

I proudly announce - TouchControl V2

tc_v2_doge.jpg

________________ DESCRIPTION
    To all who don't know this yet, this is a kernel module with a control application which allows you to perform some gestures that will in turn will execute some action (like simulating power key press or turning volume up).

List of configurable gestures:
    • slide - move finger (or fingers) on the screen in some way
    • pinch - pinch screen with two or more fingers
    • tap - tap the screen with one or more fingers in some place of the screen (or any place)

List of configurable actions:
    • press POWER
    • press VOLUME UP
    • press VOLUME DOWN
    • increase BRIGHTNESS
    • decrease BRIGHTNESS
    • play NEXT SONG
    • play PREVIOUS SONG
    • press HOME BUTTON
    • press BACK BUTTON

________________ SCREENSHOTS
    screenshot-0.png
    screenshot-1.png

screenshot-2.png
    screenshot-3.png

________________ FAQ
    1. will it work on kernel X
      It is made to work on stock kernel. It might work on kernels which are close to stock. I will however try to find a way to make it as compatible as possible. I'm going to assume that you can safely try this mod on your kernel (but don't enable set-on-boot) worst case scenario is a reboot.

2. does this consume battery
      Short answer - Maybe.
      Long answer - this might bring some drain, some users report quite a big battery drain some not, I will address this issue in some time. Check yourself how much an issue it is for you. Also this change from device to device so there is no short answer (look up)

3. will it break my touchscreen
      Short answer - No
      Long answer - Digitizer is not mechanical so it shouldn't break. The same mod works for more then 2 years on my Galaxy Nexus and it never lost a bit of it's responsiveness

4. why do I have to pay
      Why did you pay for your phone? You did save a few bucks on the phone which was cheap. Now is your chance to make those savings worthy ;)

5. if I want to marry you where can I find you?
      Oh... this question meant to go somewhere else ;P And I'm taken.

________________ DOWNLOADS
    FREE: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.paranoid.touchcontrolfree

PRO-TURBO: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.paranoid.touchcontrol

________________ DISCLAIMER

THIS IS HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL AND ALWAYS BE - PLEASE USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

________________ HOW TO UPDATE
    1. Uninstall the app
    2. Reboot device
    3. Install fresh from play store

XDA:DevDB Information
    TouchControl, a Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
    bponury

Version Information

Created 2013-11-22
    Last Updated 2014-03-22
    Ok, I know I promised to make a new version but there is option B which I like better. I want to make an updated app that will "merge" with touchcontrol and allow me to add more devices with much more ease. I am actually somewhere between 25-35% of finishing a first working version and TouchControl online module pulling/insmodding is also a big part in it. Since quite a few kernels work with current PGM I think I can leave it as is and work on new version. I am developing new version on GNex so it will work on that :) But I'm not sure I will be able to transfer your licence to TouchControl app (probably not). So unless there is some urgent thing here I'll continue to work harder on new version instead of supporting more bizzare kernels. If anyone agree with that please thanks this post so I'll see that it's not a bad idea.

If you don't want a new version and would kill to have support for some kernel please bare in mind that I might just ignore PGM in the update (since actually I don't get any new purchases these days).
    version Diamond44 does not work with PGM

I see that he reverted touchwake so maybe it would be possible to make it work now. I'll try to fix it today.
    Updated app to support latest ak kernels. For now only paid version since my hangover is killing me.
    It's easter! Give me some break. I will update the app when I get back to my home (I'm in my family house right now).