XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC ONE X bricked Rogers

Tip us?

mr.5106411
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default HTC ONE X bricked Rogers

Bricked my htc one x after installing slim ics for international version (endeavoru) when i had a north america one x (evita) noob mistake . so i called rogers and they said for me to take it to the rogers store and get it repaired then given back to me after 10 days. So here is the question i have a rooted one x with a unlocked bootloader, and lots of rom backups and rom files on my sd card (internal storage) so now if i take it to the rogers store can they find out that i rooted it and unlocked the bootloader? Thanks for your help i appreciate it!

Laurentius26
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1148

DONATE TO ME
Can't you do anything with your device anymore?
What happens if you press power + volume down?

mr.5106411
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentius26 View Post
Can't you do anything with your device anymore?
What happens if you press power + volume down?
nothing happens I put it for charging for 1 hour and nothing presses all buttons, all orders, all things on youtube, google, EVERTHING but nothing works and it hasnt been even a month yet

Laurentius26
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1148

DONATE TO ME
That's horrible, hopefully someone else can help you, good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.5106411 View Post
nothing happens I put it for charging for 1 hour and nothing presses all buttons, all orders, all things on youtube, google, EVERTHING but nothing works and it hasnt been even a month yet

The Following User Says Thank You to Laurentius26 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shadehh
Old
Thanks Meter 279
Damn! I dont like being pessimistic but my guess is that your phone is dead for the time being.

mr.5106411
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentius26 View Post
That's horrible, hopefully someone else can help you, good luck.
Thanks appreciate it
The Following User Says Thank You to mr.5106411 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mr.5106411
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadehh View Post
Damn! I dont like being pessimistic but my guess is that your phone is dead for the time being.
Oh no! #@%$ gotta tell my dad and get a nice long lecture/yelling wish be good luck

Rekoil
Old
Thanks Meter 327
First up you are in the wrong forum, secondly, you can't possibly have bricked your device, erase the cache, reinstall clockworkmod (for your device), do a factory reset (clear data), put a rom for the HTC One XL on the nand, install it, flash correct kernel. Should leave you with a fully working device assuming you do it correctly.
sony xperia z1 c6903 metallic purple

previous phones
sony xperia z c6603 royal purple - faulty backplate, returned
samsung galaxy s3 lte (gt-i9305n) marble white - sold... no more samsungs for me
htc one x glacier white - dead :'(
apple iphone 4s white - sold
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rekoil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mr.5106411
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekoil View Post
First up you are in the wrong forum, secondly, you can't possibly have bricked your device, erase the cache, reinstall clockworkmod (for your device), do a factory reset (clear data), put a rom for the HTC One XL on the nand, install it, flash correct kernel. Should leave you with a fully working device assuming you do it correctly.
can you tell me in more detail?

mr.5106411
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekoil View Post
and how do i erase the cache my phone wont turn on and wont be detected on my computer