Frequently Asked Questions
This FAQ is in the works as more questions roll in so I'll do my best to keep it updated.
Q: Odin failed! What do I do!?
Try plugging your USB cable into a different USB port on your computer and/or try a different USB cable (Odin's picky about the cable). The drivers may install again; if so, wait for them to finish. After that, verify that the device shows as Added in Odin again and click start again. If that still
fails, try unchecking F. Reset Time box and removing any MicroSD card you have in the device, plug the device into (yet another) USB port and try again.
Q: Will these instructions work for other US (LTE) versions of the GS3?
I have not personally tested this method on any other versions of the GS3 but uoY_redruM
(and others) have confirmed that this method works for the T-Mobile version as well. It should in theory also work for the AT&T and Verizon versions, though that's unconfirmed at this point.
Q: Ok, so I've got Root. What now?
That's entirely up to you. Root allows a near endless amount of customizatoin, but some of the most commonly sought after benefits of Root are these:
- Root Only applications. These allow you to simply do more with your phone or tweak the way it functions. Some that I personally recommend are:
- Titanium Backup and its Pro Key => For making backups of your apps, app data and system data and uninstalling or freezing Bloatware.
- Quick Boot => For booting drectily to recovery or Download Mode (listed as Bootloader in the App)
- Removing Bloatware => I recommend Titanium Backup for this
- Loading custom ROMs. There aren't many floating around just yet, but I expect that'll change soon as the ball gets rolling.