Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,880 Members 50,624 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[API] [OpenSource] Google Web Service API for Windows Phone

Tip us?

2hdass
Old
(Last edited by 2hdass; 29th June 2012 at 07:48 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Cool [API] [OpenSource] Google Web Service API for Windows Phone

Hi all,

I have just released the first alpha version of Google Web Service For Windows Phone API on CodePlex.

The API is functional, with a few exception of completed and non-common features from Google's documentations. It is a side product of my newest app, Please Like the Facebook page , and the app is available here

Google Web Service API for Windows Phone

I am looking for contributors.
Also, please leave a comment if there is a particular Google API that you think should be in priority in porting to .NET

Please let others know such API exists. I hope my work will bring convenience to a lot of developers.

Support API so far:

- Google Directions (finding directions)
- Google Places (Geocoding, Reverse Geocoding)
- Google Places Autocomplete
- Google Static Maps
The Following User Says Thank You to 2hdass For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

darthveda
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I tried using google reverse and geocoding apis but unfortunately, they state that the results must be used only for displaying on their own maps. I wanted to use the results to display in a listbox..Google needs to tweak their terms and conditions a bit and not make everything centric towards their own products :P

dr_strangetrick
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Hope someone can use this to make a Google+ app

andreacorti
Old
Thanks Meter 87

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthveda View Post
I tried using google reverse and geocoding apis but unfortunately, they state that the results must be used only for displaying on their own maps. I wanted to use the results to display in a listbox..Google needs to tweak their terms and conditions a bit and not make everything centric towards their own products :P
you have to use business maps api.. the problem is the price..
....phones and devices list....
Alcatel One Touch > Nokia 3310 > Nokia 8890 > Motorola V975 > Nokia 8890 > Nokia 3250 > Nokia N958GB > Dell Axim 50v (not a phone) > Qtek2020i > Qtek9090 (Still alive) > HTC P3300 (destroyed, I loved it!) > Nokia N97Mini > iPhone 3Gs > Kindle 3 (not a phone) > Samsung Omnia 7 > xperia S > the next one will be...

2hdass
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Right, I agree with you, and I greatly doubt they will open that up.