Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,714 Members 40,795 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best earphones for htc one x

Tip us?

Berserk87
Old
Thanks Meter 17
fyi, if you go on ANY audio forum and try to say bose or beats headphones are good, you will get laughed off the forum.
Rogers HTC One X / Unlocked / S-OFF / Rooted / Sense 5 T-Mobile Stock Rom / Beastmode Kernel 3.5
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Berserk87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

1earful
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserk87 View Post
fyi, if you go on ANY audio forum and try to say bose or beats headphones are good, you will get laughed off the forum.
true. i've been a member of headfi for years and noobs do get beaten down on those choices. but the truth is that most of us do not have "golden ears." it's whatever floats your boat, just as choices in music are a matter of taste. i'm just grateful we've come to the day and age when folks use headphones so i don't have to worry about anyone else's musical choices or have them look cross-eyed at mine.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1earful For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SoberGuy
Old
Thanks Meter 92
On the Klipsch, a heads up here. The S4i is for.....iPhone/iPod. The S4a is the same product, but for Android. You have to remember Apple reversed their control crap, so controls on headphones designed for Apple products are useless on Android.

In my humble opinion, the S4a doesn't sound quite as nice with Beats. I'll reinstall poweramp tomorrow and give it a spin. Too much Absolut tonight to tell :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
HOX - unlocked courtesy of beaups
ViperXL courtesy of Turge and Team Venom
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoberGuy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

darktranquility18
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoberGuy View Post
On the Klipsch, a heads up here. The S4i is for.....iPhone/iPod. The S4a is the same product, but for Android. You have to remember Apple reversed their control crap, so controls on headphones designed for Apple products are useless on Android.

In my humble opinion, the S4a doesn't sound quite as nice with Beats. I'll reinstall poweramp tomorrow and give it a spin. Too much Absolut tonight to tell :)

So much for the 'Soberguy' haha
Current phones: Samsung Galaxy Note II | HTC One X
Current Tablets: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 | Asus Transformer TF101 | Amazon Kindle Fire

The Following User Says Thank You to darktranquility18 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SoberGuy
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktranquility18 View Post
So much for the 'Soberguy' haha
Still sober. Sorta. Haha

pianoblack
Old
(Last edited by pianoblack; 28th June 2012 at 10:50 AM.) Reason: Erroneous info on audio performance
Thanks Meter 6
Here's something off the beaten path for those feeling a little more experimental:
  • Using a Bluetooth apt-X headphones/transceiver: bypass the headphone amp (if it's particularly noisy [ref. GSMArena review by supercurio**] and go straight to wireless transmission. The Bluetooth apt-X (as available on the HOX) is touted as having a near CD-quality transmit rate, but not all headphones support it. If you don't want to lock yourself in to a single set of headphones (although Sennheiser's MM series have won accolades from head-fi's editor), you can use a bluetooth headset (such as the Samsung HS3000) which allows you to plug in your own set of headphones.
    • Pros: - bypass headphone jack circuitry.
      - wireless in most scenarios
    • Cons: - more of a battery drain
      - not lossless
  • Switch up your music player app : besides Poweramp, there's Player Pro and JetAudio, which claim to have either purer playback or great EQ enhancements (potentially, BBE effects on JetAudio)
    • Pros: - cheap, if not free, way to improve playback
    • Cons: - may not make much of a difference and can be headphones-specific.

**Edit: Just found out that HOXL, AT&T HOX and HTC One S, all with Qualcomm's S4, uses Qualcomm's own audio chip set WCD9310, which has much better audio performance [1, 2]. So for these phones, you don't have to worry about noise or poor dynamic range.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pianoblack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SoberGuy
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Pianoblack, I appreciate the suggestion. I'll have to look into that HS3000. I usually listen to music at work, and would appreciate the mobility that would offer. To date I haven't been too impressed with Bluetooth headsets, but something like that which allows me to.connect the buds/headset of my choose just might do trick.

How's the quality, both in build and sound? I understand it's Bluetooth, so I don't expect perfection. Thanks again.

darktranquility18
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Pianoblack, I appreciate the suggestion. I'll have to look into that HS3000. I usually listen to music at work, and would appreciate the mobility that would offer. To date I haven't been too impressed with Bluetooth headsets, but something like that which allows me to.connect the buds/headset of my choose just might do trick.

How's the quality, both in build and sound? I understand it's Bluetooth, so I don't expect perfection. Thanks again.

To be honest, ur better off getting an adapter like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Ericsson-Hi-Fi.../dp/B003DQ1DCM
Then using your own headphones with it. Every bluetooth headset i heard tried have been pretty bad. One exception though:
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-MM-...dp/B002NZZIFW/
Theyre almost audiophile quality and portable

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Oh didnt realise the HS3000 is the same idea. Yea thats what I was going for. Good stuff
Current phones: Samsung Galaxy Note II | HTC One X
Current Tablets: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 | Asus Transformer TF101 | Amazon Kindle Fire

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darktranquility18 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pianoblack
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Don't have it in my hands yet! I'll post in here when I do OP will surely deliver with the random assortment of headphones I have (Senn earbuds MX580, light Senn headphones HD 228, in-ears Hifiman RE 262 and large open headphones Beyerdynamics DT-880 (more for home listening without the tether, but this is a somewhat impractical scenario)).

Sound-wise, it's supposed to be "almost as good as wired", with the codec capable of 370kbps (ie. sufficient for most mp3s, but not lossless formats). Connection is generally smooth, after initial connection drop-outs.

Build-wise, Amazon reviewers find it sturdy enough in most environments, but the call button is easily activated by accident. A workaround is to only connect with 'Audio' mode, if you don't think you'll need to use the microphone function.

Here are some other reviews I've found with more detail:
- Discussion on XDA (I like the tip that the bluetooth receiver can be used as a remote shutter.)
- Mobile-Review
- Impressions on Head-fi.org : [1, ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktranquility18 View Post
... Every bluetooth headset i heard tried have been pretty bad. One exception though:
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-MM-...dp/B002NZZIFW/
Theyre almost audiophile quality and portable[COLOR="Silver"]
Definitely would be interested in testing this setup. Considering the investment in existing in-ears/headphones others may have, I'm hoping the bluetooth receiver is a satisfactory substitute.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pianoblack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mellll
Old
(Last edited by mellll; 26th June 2012 at 02:20 PM.) Reason: Fixed up link :)
Thanks Meter 25
Seriously, these rock so damn hard and are very affordable.

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-Xtreme-Xpl...s=jvc+with+mic

HELL YEAH TRY THIS

The Following User Says Thank You to mellll For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]