So here we go.
Use these tools and this guide at your own risk. Doing these things wrong/improperly/etc. has the ability to completely ruin your device and YOU assume all risk and responsibility if that happens.
Also note that Rooting WILL violate the manufacturers warranty on the device making it ineligible for warranty repair. If you have insurance on the device however they MAY still replace it for the cost of your deductible.
Root Method Starts Here.
1. Download and install the Samsung USB drivers from Samsung's website
2. Turn on Debugging on your Phone
* Open Settings
* Select "Developer options" in the System section
* Check the box for "USB Debugging"
3. Plug you phone up to your computer using the USB cable and allow the drivers to install.
4. Download CMW_SuperUser_v3.07.zip from the bottom of this post
* I recommend making yourself a nice little GS3 folder in your downloads folder for all this stuff so it's easy to find
* DO NOT UNZIP!!
5. Copy CMW_SuperUser_v3.07.zip on to the Root of your GS3s INTERNAL storage (if you put it into a folder, you may have a hard time finding it later, but that's on you).
* DO NOT UNZIP!!
6. Unplug you phone
7. Power off your phone
^^ once u have now odin time......
1. Download Odin3-v3.04 from the bottom of this post
2. Extract Odin3-v3.04 into it's own folder somewhere where you can easily find it.
3. Download fixboot.tar from the bottom of this post to somewhere you can easily find it.
4. Reboot your phone into download mode
* Hold down Volume Down, Home and then power until Warning!! message is displayed
* Press Volume Up to continue.
5. Your phone should now be in download mode and displaying a green Android and say Downloading. If it is not, power off your phone by holding down the power button and then try to get into Download mode again. Do NOT progress until you have done so.
6. Go into the folder you extracted Odin3 into and run Odin3 v3.04.exe
7. Connect your phone to your computer via USB
8. In Odin, the COM box all the way to the left should turn blue and it should say Added!! in the Message area.
** Click on PDA and in the Open window that pops up navigate to and open the Tar With CWM from below file you downloaded earlier
** Verify that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked
** Click Start. Once the process is completed you device should automatically reboot and there will be a green PASS! box in the upper left of the window. You can then close Odin.
** Power off your device and boot into Recovery mode
* To boot into Recovery mode: Hold down Volume Up, Home and then the Power button until you are in Recovery (it should say CWM-based Recovery at the top of the screen)
**. Install CMW_SuperUser_v3.07.zip that you copied onto your internal memory
* Navigating ClockWorkMod Recovery: Use the Volume Up and Down arrow keys to change the highlighted option and the home key to select an option. The Back softkey works, but will not be lit and will take you back one screen.
Installing a zip:
* Select "Install zip from sdcard" (Yes, I know it's on the internal storage.)
* Select "Choose zip from sdcard"
* Select the zip you want to install; in this case CWM_SuperUser_v3.0.7.zip
* Select "Yes" to begin installing
**. Once the process has completed use the Back arrow to get back to the main recovery screen (remember, it works, but it's not lit) and select "reboot system now." Once your device boots up you should now be 'Rooted,' but there's still a few more things to be done
Reset counter: triangle away from playstore and reset the counter.
15. Install BusyBox. There are actually several ways to do this, but the BusyBox app in the Google Play Market is quick and easy. Install it, grant it SuperUser permissions and it'll walk you through the rest and advise you when to update.
16. Update your Binaries.
* Open the Superuser app
* Get into settings (the wrench icon in the upper right of the screen)
* Select Su binary under the General section towards the bottom of the list
* Select Update
**.Your device is now rooted and all set.
** optional: update cwm using rom manager or use img from clockworkmods website. Flash through adb.
First make sure you read all of the above:
New Odin Tar with Stock Kernel: http://www.mediafire.com/?d1t0av7u1e6d3xx
Odin Tar with CWM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...&d=1340384923\
CWM Su fix (flash this in CWM after): http://www.mediafire.com/?0e86q6rexr7g8g4
Hit thanks on Everyone mentioned in this post including myself
noobnl, mskip and TeamEpic For root CWM
FennyFatal for stock Kernel
Me for Tar and Method testing
IRC for testers
TheSoberRussian for letting me pull his boot.img
^^ hit thanks on everyone here or ill eat u.