mikeyxda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 2, 2010
Florida - Gulf Coast
www.ddisoftware.com
attachment.php

for the Evo 4G LTE!

MeanROM ICS goals:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  1. To be clean: mostly stock look and feel of ICS/Sense 4
  2. To be mean: apply dual core and other tweaks to run the ICS base to its maximum potential
  3. To be nice: provide cool functionality not present in the stock base

VIDEOS
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Josh for the videos:
Video review of MeanROM ICS 0.8
MeanROM ICS v4.4 Installation Video

NEWS/HAPPENINGS
New in 6.5 (details in changelog in post 2):
  • Fixed a bug in the messaging app where # preview lines does not stick
  • Added 4 and 5 line previews to the messaging app
  • Updated numerous core apps
MEANROM GROUP
(New) Click to join your fellow Meanies in the MeanROM Group!

OTHER REVIEWS
QBKing77's video review

Section I: ROM specs

The clean:
  • Based on 2.13.651.1 RUU deodexed
  • Working: everything
  • Not working: nothing (that I know about... you tell me)

The mean:
  • Mean 1.73 Ghz kernel is "super stock": close to stock for reliability, OC for speed (thanks Zarboz for being my tutor!)
  • Performance and my awakenings tweaks
  • Dual core performance when screen is on for ultra-smooth experience
  • Single core underclocked when screen is off for incredible battery life at idle!
  • New kernel with enhanced sweep modes (see post 3 for config info):
  • Sweep2sleep: with screen on, swipe right to left to turn screen off
  • Sweep2power: with screen on, swipe left to right for power menu (simulated 2.5 second power button hold)
  • Sweep2snap: with screen on: swipe left to right and press Home within 2 seconds for a screen snap
  • Sweep2wake: with screen off: swipe left to right to turn screen on (disabled by default for better battery life)
  • Phantom volume down: with screen on, touch between back and home for vol-down one notch
  • Phantom volume up: with screen on, touch between home and recent apps for vol-up one notch
  • Sweep2mute: with screen on, swipe from home to back for vol full down (vibrate)
  • Sweep2loud: with screen on, swipe from home to recent apps for max volume
  • Sweep2skipback: with screen off, swipe from home to back to skip back a track (when listening to music)
  • Sweep2skipforward: with screen off, swipe from home to recent apps to skip forward a track (when listening to music)
  • sweep2deepsleep: sweep right to left with screen off to temporarily disable screen-off sweeps
  • zeppelinrox multitasking tweaks (hidden app limit and "stale task" killing fix)

The nice:
  • HTC/ICS fix: fixed data (WiFi/3G) disconnect between 12am and 7am (my guide here)
  • HTC/ICS fix: fixed incorrect SMS/MMS time stamp when roaming
  • HTC/ICS fix: fixed off-center chopped off numbers on calculator
  • HTC/2.13 fix: fixed FC when selecting Dropbox album from gallery (thanks il Duce/Steal25)
  • HTC/2.13 fix: fixed FC when deleting multiple drafts in messaging app
  • OTA Updater for quick and easy ROM updates
  • Haus's s-on kernel installer. Mega thanks to Haus for this: flash kernels via TWRP with no extra steps while s-on!
  • "Complete action using" app selections are back (credit Steal25/il Duce)
  • Modified Sense 4.5 camera (credit lyapota for the base)
  • Modified Beats and sound enhancer mods (credit lyapota for the base)
  • 5-in-1 power menu w/recovery and bootloader options (adapted from vinchenzop's mod)
  • Google Now! (credit the Google Now for ICS project: links in this thread)
  • Extended Quick Settings (true Android 4.0.4 Sense 4.1 QS from modified One X base)
  • HTC Notes
  • Mirror app
  • Browser mods: up to 15 open pages, plus full debug settings w/UA string, etc. (guide by SteelH)
  • Exchange ActiveSync "Sync While Roaming" can now be enabled including push (update schedule) while roaming
  • HTML message format unlocked in Exchange Mail settings
  • Exchange mail security disabled (credit TommyB231: Tommy thanked me too... did we create an infinite thanks loop?) ;)
  • Custom MMS mods w/500K, 1M, and 5M choices for max size (sizes in /system/customize/mns/default.xml)
  • Screen on with new SMS/MMS (configurable: see post 3)
  • Camera mods: Enable/disable shutter sound, enable ISO 1250, and higher quality JPEG saving
  • Full press of camera button to wake
  • Use a half press of the camera shutter for Search
  • Stronger haptic feedback for capacitive buttons (like previous base)
  • Long press volume to skip tracks (credit one_love_420 and metalhead8816)
  • Disabled MMS compression (guide by SteelH)
  • MMS over WiFi (credit Team Xposed and SteelH)
  • "Roam Only" option in mobile network settings (credit Synergy/freeza)
  • Accurate 1x/3G indicator (credit SteelH)
  • Capacitive buttons on/dim with screen: no flashing on/off while in use
  • Increased visible recent apps to 16 (credit Steal25)
  • 4x5 rosie option flashable in MeanROM-ICS folder on SD card
  • Elevated launcher priority completely eliminates Sense (rosie) reloading
  • Added animated sync icon (credit eg1122)
  • New super-sharp circular battery meter is easier to read (credit vertigone)
  • Working Google Wallet
  • Facebook (and other third party app) contact photo fix (credit troyboytn)
  • WiFi Tether: use "Generic ICS" device type and check routing fix and MMS clamping
  • Flashlight
  • ES File Explorer
  • DSP Manager
  • No location/GPS icon (guide by SteelH)
  • init.d support
  • Ringtones and notifications from both the Evo 4G LTE and Evo 3D included

Credit where credit is due:
As with any open source stuff, some of this work is my own, most of it comes from other sources. So in addition to my own work (mostly in the "mean" category), here's a quick thanks to those of you who contributed knowingly (thank you) and not-so-knowingly via open source 5 finger discount (thank you just the same: your stuff is good and that's why I used it). :) Sometimes it's not entirely obvious where the source started so if I missed someone, please let me know and I'll add you. Also, I'm careful to only include other work where the author does not specify any usage restrictions or has given approval. If you believe, however, that I've included something that shouldn't be in this ROM, please just PM me.

Credit flex360 and Captain Throwback for pulling and deodexing the stock base

Want my stuff?:
If you see something in this ROM and I don't reference some other source, I probably coded it myself. If you want it: take it and use it in your ROM, your theme, whatever you like. I just ask that you please credit me. I'm a firm believer in Android and open source so you don't even have to ask. Anything you see here... it's yours for just the price of a simple line crediting me. I always share as I believe that's the way we developers put the power in Android... and one way we can fight "the Apple brainwashing machine". ;)

Section II: Some notes on updating and flashing

Below are some pointers on updating your firmware, installing recoveries, modding, etc. before we get to the good stuff (installation and downloads).

TRYING TO ACHIEVE S-OFF WHILE RUNNING MEANROM ICS?
While it is possible to use LazyPanda with MeanROM ICS 1.3, I no longer recommend using MeanROM when trying to achieve s-off: using the bone stock 1.13 ROM is the best way to eliminate problems that will cause you to have to unbrick the phone because the LazyPanda process depends on your ROM being as close to stock as possible, else the panda can't find its bamboo. ;)

How to adjust some parameters like performance-vs-battery, screen on with new SMS, etc.

See post 3 below

CHANGELOG:

See post #2

Problems after you flash?:

PLEASE DO NOT REPORT PROBLEMS IN THIS THREAD UNTIL you've done a full wipe and fresh install to see if that cures it. I know I should really just do like most devs and proclaim REQUIRES FULL WIPE/FRESH INSTALL on every version. That saves me a lot of headaches but I know what a PITA a fresh install can be even with MyBackup or Titanium at your disposal. So it never hurts to try just a flash without a full wipe, but if you run into any HINT of a problem... anything at all... don't report the problem in this thread until you've tried a full wipe and fresh install first to see if that cures the problem!

Note regarding tweaks: don't flash tweaks or themes on top unless you KNOW the tweak/theme is compatible with the ICS framework (as of this writing, most are NOT compatible - ask the developer.

How to flash

Thanks QBKing77 for this awesome installation video!

Installation - a final note:

First, the usual disclaimers. I supply the ammo, you use it. ROMS don't kill phones, n00bs do. :D Use this ROM at your own risk as I won't be responsible for bricks or any other untoward happenings. I spent a lot of time ensuring that the stuff in this ROM is fast, smooth, and compatible. But... it always helps to have some familiarity with flashing ROMs to keep yourself safe.

Section III: Installation

Download links are below, but before flashing any custom ROM, make sure you do it right or you could brick the NFC chip in your phone (and Google Wallet)

Firmware
The latest firmware (radio, etc.) is required. Check the firmware by pressing Menu while on your home screen, choose "Settings", "About" (bottom of list), "Software Information", "More". If your baseband is less than 1.12, you have old firmware and should update else you could have problems with your data connection, reboots, etc. If you're s-off, you can flash the firmware via one of the 2.13 firmware threads here at XDA (if you're s-off, my bet is you've already done this or certainly know how). If you're s-on, you'll have to flash the latest RUU to get the firmware but be aware that this will update your hboot. Not a problem if you plan to stay s-on, so if that's the route you've chosen, here are instructions on how to update your firmware before flashing this ROM.

s-off installation
  1. Always make a Nandroid backup before installing anything on your phone!
  2. On first install of MeanROM ICS, do a full wipe (at least a factory reset)
  3. Subsequent updates: no wiping necessary BUT...
  4. If you have any trouble at all, do a full wipe and then reinstall
  5. Install using TWRP recovery (again, s-off recommended)
  6. After the first boot on a fresh install, go to "Menu", "Settings", "Power" and UNcheck "Fast Boot". When you reboot or power off the phone, you really want it to reboot/power-off. This can save you a lot of headaches.

s-on installation
Note that with s-on, TWO things must be flashed separately: the ROM ZIP and the kernel inside that ZIP. Starting with MeanROM ICS 4.0, the built in kernel installer (thanks Haus) will take care of this without any extra work on your part: just flash with TWRP! Follow the instructions below, however, so you'll know what to expect because there are some pauses and an extra reboot involved whenever the kernel in the ROM is updated.
  1. Boot to TWRP recovery (hold vol down and press power for 1 second while you continue holding vol down until you see the bootloader, then choose "recovery")
  2. Always make a Nandroid backup before installing anything on your phone!
  3. On first install of MeanROM ICS, do a full wipe (at least a factory reset)
  4. Subsequent updates: no wiping necessary BUT...
  5. If you have any trouble at all, do a full wipe and then reinstall
  6. In TWRP recovery, choose "Install" and locate the ROM ZIP you downloaded.
  7. If the kernel you are currently running is the same as the one in the ROM (most of the time it will be), it'll flash quickly and you can click "Reboot System" and you're done.
  8. If the kernel has changed (as it did in MeanROM ICS 4.0), it'll sit on "Installing kernel, please wait..." for up to 5 minutes! Please be patient: that's the kernel installer doing its thing.
  9. After the 4-5 minute pause, the script will complete and say done. Click "Reboot System" in TWRP at this point.
  10. When booting the first time, the "MeanROM" boot animation will freeze momentarily and the phone will reboot once more. This is normal: the kernel just got installed!
  11. Once the additional reboot has been done, the phone will boot normally. Again, keep in mind that the extra reboot only happens when the kernel in the ROM is updated, so it won't happen every time!
  12. If you use OTA Updater (built in to the ROM) to update, steps 6-11 above happen automagically but the same delay and extra reboot will still happen whenever there's a kernel update.
  13. After the first boot on a fresh install, go to "Menu", "Settings", "Power" and UNcheck "Fast Boot". When you reboot or power off the phone, you really want it to reboot/power-off. This can save you a lot of headaches.

s-on additional notes
[*]If you have a new phone and are starting from scratch, use these instructions to unlock your phone and install TWRP recovery. These instructions work for all current software including the latest 2.13. Follow all steps up through and including step 28, except in step 25, use the latest openrecovery*.img file from here instead of the old 2.1.8 version listed on the page. Once you successfully complete step 28, you can boot to recovery and install MeanROM.
[*]If you've already unlocked via the HTC method above and you already have TWRP recovery installed, use the above instructions but if you have any trouble, here are instructions on how to manually install the ROM and kernel separately.
[*]Have trouble after trying to flash s-on: reread the s-on instructions above and be sure to follow each step. If you have done that and still have trouble, try this info.
[*]Updating your firmware to the 2.13 RUU is another story altogether so I'll leave the firmware/radio updates to other threads.
[/LIST]

A note about dirty flashing on the latest 2.13 base (MeanROM 3.5 and up)

I've noticed that while some people have gotten away with dirty flashing from a ROM on the prior base (1.22) to MeanROM ICS 3.5 or later (the new 2.13 base), the majority are having problems in one way or another trying to dirty flash MeanROM ICS 3.5 or later for the first time. Even restoring data or just apps from MyBackup Pro or Titanium is causing problems in some cases, latent issues where home screens rearrange after wiping dalvik/cache, and other problems. My recommendation if you are installing MeanROM 3.5 or later for the first time is to do a factory reset, install the ROM, and then only restore things that you cannot recover via other means like SMS/MMS and maybe an app or two that is no longer available on the market and you have no way to reinstall. And sure, go ahead and restore data for a game you don't want to start over... my point is to only restore things you know you can't via reinstalling and setting up from scratch. Otherwise, do a fresh install the first time to MeanROM ICS 3.5 or later, reinstall your apps by getting them from the market again and setting them up, and then after you've installed any version 3.5 or later, you can dirty flash future versions after that.

Section IV: DOWNLOADS
Note: TWRP 2.3.1.0 recommended, but if you have trouble flashing, go back to TWRP 2.2.2.

Latest stable releases:
Dev-Host links
Android File Host link to latest 6.5

NEW - Nightlies
Check out the nightlies folder for all the latest goods

Kernel source
Mean kernel source here

Click to Donate
Donations are greatly appreciated to keep this project going as it is taking a lot more time than expected: even a few bucks helps! So if you're struggling to make it, just take it... but if you can spare it, please share it. ;)

Mike

Attachments

• mrbanner-small.jpg
    mrbanner-small.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 436,669
Last edited:

mikeyxda

Jul 2, 2010
Florida - Gulf Coast
www.ddisoftware.com
Changelog:

Changes:

Installation notes:
Note that the new SuperSU app will show a process called mksh trying to access root. Just grant permission and then open the SuperSU app, click "mksh" and select "disabled" where it says "Notifications". mksh is being called by the framework whenever WiFi is enabled and is not malware.

Changes:
  • Added sweep2deepsleep: sweep right to left with screen off to temporarily disable screen-off sweeps (see post 3)
  • Updated numerous core apps incl. SuperSU, Facebook, Google+, etc.

Changes:
  • Added sweep2skip: sweep to skip tracks w/screen off (see post 3)
  • Default sweep mode = 4: all screen-on sweeps active (see post 3 for more info)
  • Additional change to reduce contacts/messaging app lag
  • Updated Google Play Music

Changes:
  • Fixed unresponsive touch panel if sweep mode is changed while screen is off
  • Changes to reduce/eliminate lag when using contacts or messaging apps

Changes:
  • New sweep options (see post 3 for info on how to activate):
  • Phantom volume down: with screen on, touch between back and home for vol-down one notch
  • Phantom volume up: with screen on, touch between home and recent apps for vol-up one notch
  • Sweep2mute: with screen on, swipe from home to back for vol full down (vibrate)
  • See post 3 for info on how to turn sweep options on/off as there are several options

Changes:
  • Sweep2power: with screen on, swipe left to right for power menu (simulated 2.5 second power button hold)
  • Sweep2snap: with screen on: swipe left to right and press Home within 2 seconds for a screen snap
  • Sweep2wake: with screen off: swipe left to right to turn screen on (disabled by default for better battery life)
  • See post 3 for info on how to turn sweep2wake on
  • Moved system apps back to /system for greater compatibility

Changes:
  • New kernel defaults to sweep2sleep (sweep2wake disabled for better battery life and glitch free performance)
  • Kernel also supports option for full s2w (sweep2sleep and sweep2wake): see post 3 for setup
  • Fixed MMS compression error when adding pictures to texts

Changes:
  • Removed sweep-2-wake due to reports of intermittent unresponsive touch panels

Installation notes:
Note that the new SuperSU app will show a process called mksh trying to access root. Just grant permission and then open the SuperSU app, click "mksh" and select "disabled" where it says "Notifications". mksh is being called by the framework whenever WiFi is enabled and is not malware.

Changes:
  • Sweep-2-wake added to default kernel and 1.7/1.8 kernel flashable ZIPs
  • Messaging app: enhanced picture quality plus 500K, 1M, and 5M max sizes.
  • Updated ES File Explorer

Changes:
  • Fixes various bugs introduced by the app association mod
  • Updates SuperSU app and binary (use SuperSU app to turn off new notifications if you notice them and don't want them)
  • Updated Google Maps

Changes:
  • App "Clear defaults" now sticks through reboots, allowing "Complete action using" dialogs to show until default is chosen

Changes:
  • Fixed FC when selecting Dropbox album from gallery (thanks il Duce/Steal25)
  • Fixed FC when deleting multiple drafts in messaging app

5.3 (5.1 & 5.2 were pulled)

Changes:
  • 5.3 fixes bugs present in 5.0-5.2

Changes:
  • Modified One X messaging app improves stability

Older versions: see the attached txt file

Attachments

• changelog-up-to-4.9.txt
    23 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

mikeyxda

Jul 2, 2010
Florida - Gulf Coast
www.ddisoftware.com
How to tweak performance and battery life of this ROM to your needs.
Note: after making any changes below, always reboot to make the change take effect

You can change the performance and features of MeanROM ICS by following these instructions:

The easiest way to change MeanROM options is to use the flashable ZIPs you'll find in the /sdcard/MeanROM-ICS folder. See the readme file in the same folder for specifics. The settings can also be set so that they survive dirty flashes (you don't have to keep changing with each new ROM version). See the sticky settings below for details.

MeanROM ICS uses "sticky" settings that will survive dirty wipes/installation of new versions meaning you can make these changes once and they'll stick through dirty installs when you update. We do this by creating a file called /data/MeanROM.opt. The file should be a text file and it should have permissions rwxr-xr-x (755). There is an all-sticky-settings-template.zip file in your MeanROM-ICS folder that you can flash from recovery which will create the /data/MeanROM.opt file for you: it creates a template that has ALL of the adjustable parameters below as comments in the file. Simply edit that /data/MeanROM.opt file and take the "#" character off the beginning of the line to activate the features you want (instructions are also listed at the top of the MeanROM.opt file as comments). Steps 1-7 in "The hard way" instructions below show you how to get to the /data folder with ES File Explorer. Here's what to put in that MeanROM.opt file (note that case IS important when naming this file):

Again, the easiest way to set up the sticky settings is to flash the above ZIP and then modify the /data/MeanROM.opt file that is created.

• Performance or battery: Use PERFORMANCE_OR_BATTERY="PERFORMANCE" (including quotes) for performance mode or PERFORMANCE_OR_BATTERY="BATTERY" (including quotes) for battery mode to get more from your battery.
  • Screen on with new SMS: There is a meanrom.opt.screenonsms property in build.prop that you can change to false if you don't want your screen turning on when new messages arrive. To put this preference in the sticky file, add a line that says "setprop meanrom.opt.screenonsms true" (not including quotes). Updated in 3.9: there is now a screenonsms.zip file in /sdcard/MeanROM-ICS that does this for you.
  • Wake with camera button: There is a meanrom.opt.camerawake property in build.prop that you can change to false if you don't want your phone waking up with a full press of the camera button. To put this preference in the sticky file, add a line that says "setprop meanrom.opt.camerawake false" (not including quotes).
  • Moonlight mode: There is a meanrom.opt.moonlight property in build.prop that you can change to false if you want normal brightness when using the phone in a dark environment (default is screen dimmer than stock in total darkness). To put this preference in the sticky file, add a line that says "setprop meanrom.opt.moonlight false" (not including quotes).
  • Capacitive button brightness: To make the capacitive buttons brighter, add a line that says BRIGHTSET="40" (including quotes). The default is very dim (1) so they only show in the dark but you can even turn them off with BRIGHTSET="0" if you like.
  • Jackhammer: The ROM defaults to a stronger setting for haptic feedback when using the capacitive buttons (equivalent to the old base). Many people find the new settings too soft but if you like the softer feedback, you can flash the stock haptic feedback file in /sdcard/MeanROM-ICS. You can change it in build.prop or simply flash the ZIP.
  • Keyboard notification icon: To turn off the keyboard notification icon, edit /system/build.prop and change "meanrom.opt.kbdnotification=true" to "meanrom.opt.kbdnotification=false".
  • Sweep2sleep and sweep2wake: The ROM defaults to screen on sweep modes only (sweep2sleep, sweep2power, and sweep2snap). Sweep2wake is disabled by default because it requires that the touch panel be active while the screen is off, reducing battery life. You may add the line "echo 2 > /sys/android_touch/sweep2wake" (not including quotes) to the MeanROM.opt file to activate the sweep2wake mode but bear in mind that this will reduce battery life to some degree. The amount of battery used will depend on how much the touch panel is activated while the screen is off: basically how much the phone moves around in your pocket. See the list below for info on all the sweep modes.

Sweep gestures (sweep finger across the capacitive buttons on bottom of phone):
  • Sweep2skipback: with screen off, swipe from home to back to skip back a track (when listening to music)
  • Sweep2skipforward: with screen off, swipe from home to recent apps to skip forward a track (when listening to music)
  • Sweep2deepsleep: with screen off, swipe from right to left to temporarily disable sweeps while screen is off (until screen is turned back on: prevents pocket sweeps)

Sweep modes:
attachment.php

Example... here are the contents of the MeanROM.opt file for someone who prefers battery over performance, doesn't want screen on with SMS, doesn't want the camera button to wake the phone, doesn't want the screen dimmer in total darkness, wants the capacitive buttons bright, and wants all sweep features:

Code:
PERFORMANCE_OR_BATTERY="BATTERY"
setprop meanrom.opt.screenonsms false
setprop meanrom.opt.camerawake false
setprop meanrom.opt.moonlight false
BRIGHTSET="40"
echo 5 > /sys/android_touch/sweep2wake

Overclocking:

1.728 Ghz overclocking is standard on MeanROM 4.8 and up. I've had no reports of any issues on this OC kernel, but if you'd like to run the stock kernel, there is a stock-kernel-no-oc.zip file in /sdcard/MeanROM-ICS that contains the stock kernel running at 1.512 Ghz. If you are s-off, simply flash the file after flashing the ROM and reboot. If you are s-on, you must let the ROM boot once and settle first, then reboot to recovery and flash stock-kernel-no-oc.zip. In the unlikely even that you have trouble booting after flashing and you are s-on, you'll have to pull the boot.img file out of the stock-kernel-no-oc.zip file, reboot to the bootloader, and then issue the command "fastboot flash boot boot.img" from your command prompt. This will be your method of recovery should the OC kernel cause any trouble and you are s-on, because you cannot flash the old (stock) kernel if the current kernel won't boot: so do it from fastboot.

If you want to report on battery life in this thread, here's how:

MeanROM ICS has some built in data logging that helps with diagnostics. One of these logs shows battery life over time and contains more useful information than the built-in graphs. So if you're not getting the best battery life and you want to report that... or you just want to report how good your battery has been, follow the steps below to report useful information in this thread. Post in this thread about your battery (whatever info you like) but we want to take the file /data/MeanROM.chk, rename it to MeanROM.chk.txt so it's a known format, and attach that text file to your post. If you don't know how to get MeanROM.chk off your /data partition to attach here, here are the dirty details:

The hard way (but requires no command line or ADB experience):
  1. Open the included ES File Explorer app
  2. Click "Menu", "Settings"
  3. Be sure "Up to Root", "Root Explorer", and "Mount File System" are all checked
  4. Steps 1-3 you only have to do once
  5. Back on the main window, ES File Explorer normally starts in /sdcard (listed up top)
  6. Press the back button to go to the root
  7. Open the "data" folder from the list
  8. Scroll down to the MeanROM.chk file and long press on that file
  9. Select "Copy"
  10. Press the back button to go back to root and select the sdcard2 folder
  11. Press "Menu", "Operations", "Paste" and the file will now be on your SD card
  12. Plug the phone into your computer and copy MeanROM.chk off the SD card to your computer
  13. On your computer, rename MeanROM.chk to MeanROM.chk.txt to make the file an obvious format
  14. Post any pertinent info here WRT battery and attach that MeanROM.chk.txt file to your post

The easy way:
  1. Open a command prompt (in Windows use Start and type CMD in the search box and press enter)
  2. If you're not already in a folder where you have write access, go to a writeable folder now
  3. Plug the phone into the computer, being sure "USB debugging" is turned on
  4. At the command prompt, type "adb pull /data/MeanROM.chk" without the quotes (case matters!)
  5. On your computer, explore the folder you used in the command window and rename MeanROM.chk to MeanROM.chk.txt to make the file an obvious format
  6. Post any pertinent info here WRT battery and attach that MeanROM.chk.txt file to your post

Note, MeanROM.chk shows battery stats for the phone since you last booted. If you restarted your phone and want the stats from the PREVIOUS boot, use MeanROM-prev.chk.

Attachments

• modes.gif
    modes.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 100,562
Last edited:

mike.r.olson

Jun 17, 2010
Canton, GA
To those who choose (very wisely) to embark on the MeanROM train, be prepared for timely dev responses, updates, new tweaks and complete satisfaction. mikeyxda is AMAZING. Nuff said.

Keep calm and flash on.

Rxpert

Sep 12, 2011
For the recent apps/menu mod does this get rid of the black 3 dot menu bar in the ROM?

If so I'm flashing this immediately :D

mikeyxda

Jul 2, 2010
Florida - Gulf Coast
www.ddisoftware.com
For the recent apps/menu mod does this get rid of the black 3 dot menu bar in the ROM?

If so I'm flashing this immediately :D

Take a look at the nottom of the readme file in the MeanROM-ICS folder on your SD card. If you UNcomment the last line in your /system/build.prop, it'll get rid of the three dot menu button in everything except HTC apps. Not sure anyone has found a way to get them out of things like the stock web browser, messaging app, etc.

Mike

Rxpert

Sep 12, 2011
Gave it a go and the ROM is laggy so far. I assume it will all work itself out after a few reboots. My quadrant was only 3214 which is much lower than not only what you posted but also other ROMS I've been on.

A reflash may be in order.

Reactions: jaydeanbudach

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

for the Evo 4G LTE!

MeanROM ICS goals:
    1. To be clean: mostly stock look and feel of ICS/Sense 4
    2. To be mean: apply dual core and other tweaks to run the ICS base to its maximum potential
    3. To be nice: provide cool functionality not present in the stock base

VIDEOS
    Thanks Josh for the videos:
    Video review of MeanROM ICS 0.8
    MeanROM ICS v4.4 Installation Video

NEWS/HAPPENINGS
    New in 6.5 (details in changelog in post 2):
    MEANROM GROUP
    (New) Click to join your fellow Meanies in the MeanROM Group!

OTHER REVIEWS
    QBKing77's video review

Section I: ROM specs

The clean:
    • Based on 2.13.651.1 RUU deodexed
    • Working: everything
    • Not working: nothing (that I know about... you tell me)

The mean:
    • Mean 1.73 Ghz kernel is "super stock": close to stock for reliability, OC for speed (thanks Zarboz for being my tutor!)
    • Performance and my awakenings tweaks
    • Dual core performance when screen is on for ultra-smooth experience
    • Single core underclocked when screen is off for incredible battery life at idle!
    • sweep2deepsleep: sweep right to left with screen off to temporarily disable screen-off sweeps
    • zeppelinrox multitasking tweaks (hidden app limit and "stale task" killing fix)

The nice:
    • HTC/ICS fix: fixed data (WiFi/3G) disconnect between 12am and 7am (my guide here)
    • HTC/ICS fix: fixed incorrect SMS/MMS time stamp when roaming
    • HTC/ICS fix: fixed off-center chopped off numbers on calculator
    • HTC/2.13 fix: fixed FC when selecting Dropbox album from gallery (thanks il Duce/Steal25)
    • HTC/2.13 fix: fixed FC when deleting multiple drafts in messaging app
    • OTA Updater for quick and easy ROM updates
    • Haus's s-on kernel installer. Mega thanks to Haus for this: flash kernels via TWRP with no extra steps while s-on!
    • Modified Sense 4.5 camera (credit lyapota for the base)
    • Modified Beats and sound enhancer mods (credit lyapota for the base)
    • 5-in-1 power menu w/recovery and bootloader options (adapted from vinchenzop's mod)
    • Google Now! (credit the Google Now for ICS project: links in this thread)
    • Extended Quick Settings (true Android 4.0.4 Sense 4.1 QS from modified One X base)
    • HTC Notes
    • Mirror app
    • Browser mods: up to 15 open pages, plus full debug settings w/UA string, etc. (guide by SteelH)
    • Exchange ActiveSync "Sync While Roaming" can now be enabled including push (update schedule) while roaming
    • HTML message format unlocked in Exchange Mail settings
    • Exchange mail security disabled (credit TommyB231: Tommy thanked me too... did we create an infinite thanks loop?) ;)
    • Custom MMS mods w/500K, 1M, and 5M choices for max size (sizes in /system/customize/mns/default.xml)
    • Screen on with new SMS/MMS (configurable: see post 3)
    • Camera mods: Enable/disable shutter sound, enable ISO 1250, and higher quality JPEG saving
    • Full press of camera button to wake
    • Use a half press of the camera shutter for Search
    • Stronger haptic feedback for capacitive buttons (like previous base)
    • Long press volume to skip tracks (credit one_love_420 and metalhead8816)
    • Disabled MMS compression (guide by SteelH)
    • MMS over WiFi (credit Team Xposed and SteelH)
    • "Roam Only" option in mobile network settings (credit Synergy/freeza)
    • Accurate 1x/3G indicator (credit SteelH)
    • Capacitive buttons on/dim with screen: no flashing on/off while in use
    • Increased visible recent apps to 16 (credit Steal25)
    • 4x5 rosie option flashable in MeanROM-ICS folder on SD card
    • Elevated launcher priority completely eliminates Sense (rosie) reloading
    • Added animated sync icon (credit eg1122)
    • New super-sharp circular battery meter is easier to read (credit vertigone)
    • Working Google Wallet
    • Facebook (and other third party app) contact photo fix (credit troyboytn)
    • WiFi Tether: use "Generic ICS" device type and check routing fix and MMS clamping
    • Flashlight
    • ES File Explorer
    • DSP Manager
    • No location/GPS icon (guide by SteelH)
    • init.d support
    • Ringtones and notifications from both the Evo 4G LTE and Evo 3D included

Credit where credit is due:
    As with any open source stuff, some of this work is my own, most of it comes from other sources. So in addition to my own work (mostly in the "mean" category), here's a quick thanks to those of you who contributed knowingly (thank you) and not-so-knowingly via open source 5 finger discount (thank you just the same: your stuff is good and that's why I used it). :) Sometimes it's not entirely obvious where the source started so if I missed someone, please let me know and I'll add you. Also, I'm careful to only include other work where the author does not specify any usage restrictions or has given approval. If you believe, however, that I've included something that shouldn't be in this ROM, please just PM me.

Credit flex360 and Captain Throwback for pulling and deodexing the stock base

Want my stuff?:
    If you see something in this ROM and I don't reference some other source, I probably coded it myself. If you want it: take it and use it in your ROM, your theme, whatever you like. I just ask that you please credit me. I'm a firm believer in Android and open source so you don't even have to ask. Anything you see here... it's yours for just the price of a simple line crediting me. I always share as I believe that's the way we developers put the power in Android... and one way we can fight "the Apple brainwashing machine". ;)

Section II: Some notes on updating and flashing

Below are some pointers on updating your firmware, installing recoveries, modding, etc. before we get to the good stuff (installation and downloads).

TRYING TO ACHIEVE S-OFF WHILE RUNNING MEANROM ICS?
    While it is possible to use LazyPanda with MeanROM ICS 1.3, I no longer recommend using MeanROM when trying to achieve s-off: using the bone stock 1.13 ROM is the best way to eliminate problems that will cause you to have to unbrick the phone because the LazyPanda process depends on your ROM being as close to stock as possible, else the panda can't find its bamboo. ;)

How to adjust some parameters like performance-vs-battery, screen on with new SMS, etc.

See post 3 below

CHANGELOG:

See post #2

Problems after you flash?:

PLEASE DO NOT REPORT PROBLEMS IN THIS THREAD UNTIL you've done a full wipe and fresh install to see if that cures it. I know I should really just do like most devs and proclaim REQUIRES FULL WIPE/FRESH INSTALL on every version. That saves me a lot of headaches but I know what a PITA a fresh install can be even with MyBackup or Titanium at your disposal. So it never hurts to try just a flash without a full wipe, but if you run into any HINT of a problem... anything at all... don't report the problem in this thread until you've tried a full wipe and fresh install first to see if that cures the problem!

Note regarding tweaks: don't flash tweaks or themes on top unless you KNOW the tweak/theme is compatible with the ICS framework (as of this writing, most are NOT compatible - ask the developer.

How to flash

Thanks QBKing77 for this awesome installation video!

Installation - a final note:

First, the usual disclaimers. I supply the ammo, you use it. ROMS don't kill phones, n00bs do. :D Use this ROM at your own risk as I won't be responsible for bricks or any other untoward happenings. I spent a lot of time ensuring that the stuff in this ROM is fast, smooth, and compatible. But... it always helps to have some familiarity with flashing ROMs to keep yourself safe.

Section III: Installation

Download links are below, but before flashing any custom ROM, make sure you do it right or you could brick the NFC chip in your phone (and Google Wallet)

Firmware
    The latest firmware (radio, etc.) is required. Check the firmware by pressing Menu while on your home screen, choose "Settings", "About" (bottom of list), "Software Information", "More". If your baseband is less than 1.12, you have old firmware and should update else you could have problems with your data connection, reboots, etc. If you're s-off, you can flash the firmware via one of the 2.13 firmware threads here at XDA (if you're s-off, my bet is you've already done this or certainly know how). If you're s-on, you'll have to flash the latest RUU to get the firmware but be aware that this will update your hboot. Not a problem if you plan to stay s-on, so if that's the route you've chosen, here are instructions on how to update your firmware before flashing this ROM.

s-off installation
    1. Always make a Nandroid backup before installing anything on your phone!
    2. On first install of MeanROM ICS, do a full wipe (at least a factory reset)
    3. Subsequent updates: no wiping necessary BUT...
    4. If you have any trouble at all, do a full wipe and then reinstall
    5. Install using TWRP recovery (again, s-off recommended)
    6. After the first boot on a fresh install, go to "Menu", "Settings", "Power" and UNcheck "Fast Boot". When you reboot or power off the phone, you really want it to reboot/power-off. This can save you a lot of headaches.

s-on installation
    Note that with s-on, TWO things must be flashed separately: the ROM ZIP and the kernel inside that ZIP. Starting with MeanROM ICS 4.0, the built in kernel installer (thanks Haus) will take care of this without any extra work on your part: just flash with TWRP! Follow the instructions below, however, so you'll know what to expect because there are some pauses and an extra reboot involved whenever the kernel in the ROM is updated.
    1. Boot to TWRP recovery (hold vol down and press power for 1 second while you continue holding vol down until you see the bootloader, then choose "recovery")
    2. Always make a Nandroid backup before installing anything on your phone!
    3. On first install of MeanROM ICS, do a full wipe (at least a factory reset)
    4. Subsequent updates: no wiping necessary BUT...
    5. If you have any trouble at all, do a full wipe and then reinstall
    6. In TWRP recovery, choose "Install" and locate the ROM ZIP you downloaded.
    7. If the kernel you are currently running is the same as the one in the ROM (most of the time it will be), it'll flash quickly and you can click "Reboot System" and you're done.
    8. If the kernel has changed (as it did in MeanROM ICS 4.0), it'll sit on "Installing kernel, please wait..." for up to 5 minutes! Please be patient: that's the kernel installer doing its thing.
    9. After the 4-5 minute pause, the script will complete and say done. Click "Reboot System" in TWRP at this point.
    10. When booting the first time, the "MeanROM" boot animation will freeze momentarily and the phone will reboot once more. This is normal: the kernel just got installed!
    11. Once the additional reboot has been done, the phone will boot normally. Again, keep in mind that the extra reboot only happens when the kernel in the ROM is updated, so it won't happen every time!
    12. If you use OTA Updater (built in to the ROM) to update, steps 6-11 above happen automagically but the same delay and extra reboot will still happen whenever there's a kernel update.
    13. After the first boot on a fresh install, go to "Menu", "Settings", "Power" and UNcheck "Fast Boot". When you reboot or power off the phone, you really want it to reboot/power-off. This can save you a lot of headaches.

s-on additional notes
    [*]If you have a new phone and are starting from scratch, use these instructions to unlock your phone and install TWRP recovery. These instructions work for all current software including the latest 2.13. Follow all steps up through and including step 28, except in step 25, use the latest openrecovery*.img file from here instead of the old 2.1.8 version listed on the page. Once you successfully complete step 28, you can boot to recovery and install MeanROM.
    [*]If you've already unlocked via the HTC method above and you already have TWRP recovery installed, use the above instructions but if you have any trouble, here are instructions on how to manually install the ROM and kernel separately.
    [*]Have trouble after trying to flash s-on: reread the s-on instructions above and be sure to follow each step. If you have done that and still have trouble, try this info.
    [*]Updating your firmware to the 2.13 RUU is another story altogether so I'll leave the firmware/radio updates to other threads.
    [/LIST]

A note about dirty flashing on the latest 2.13 base (MeanROM 3.5 and up)

I've noticed that while some people have gotten away with dirty flashing from a ROM on the prior base (1.22) to MeanROM ICS 3.5 or later (the new 2.13 base), the majority are having problems in one way or another trying to dirty flash MeanROM ICS 3.5 or later for the first time. Even restoring data or just apps from MyBackup Pro or Titanium is causing problems in some cases, latent issues where home screens rearrange after wiping dalvik/cache, and other problems. My recommendation if you are installing MeanROM 3.5 or later for the first time is to do a factory reset, install the ROM, and then only restore things that you cannot recover via other means like SMS/MMS and maybe an app or two that is no longer available on the market and you have no way to reinstall. And sure, go ahead and restore data for a game you don't want to start over... my point is to only restore things you know you can't via reinstalling and setting up from scratch. Otherwise, do a fresh install the first time to MeanROM ICS 3.5 or later, reinstall your apps by getting them from the market again and setting them up, and then after you've installed any version 3.5 or later, you can dirty flash future versions after that.

Section IV: DOWNLOADS
    Note: TWRP 2.3.1.0 recommended, but if you have trouble flashing, go back to TWRP 2.2.2.

Latest stable releases:
    Dev-Host links
    Android File Host link to latest 6.5

NEW - Nightlies
    Check out the nightlies folder for all the latest goods

Kernel source
    Mean kernel source here

Click to Donate
    Donations are greatly appreciated to keep this project going as it is taking a lot more time than expected: even a few bucks helps! So if you're struggling to make it, just take it... but if you can spare it, please share it. ;)

Mike
    Changelog:

Changes:

Installation notes:

Changes:
    • Added sweep2deepsleep: sweep right to left with screen off to temporarily disable screen-off sweeps (see post 3)
    • Updated numerous core apps incl. SuperSU, Facebook, Google+, etc.

Changes:
    • Added sweep2skip: sweep to skip tracks w/screen off (see post 3)
    • Default sweep mode = 4: all screen-on sweeps active (see post 3 for more info)
    • Additional change to reduce contacts/messaging app lag
    • Updated Google Play Music

Changes:
    • Fixed unresponsive touch panel if sweep mode is changed while screen is off
    • Changes to reduce/eliminate lag when using contacts or messaging apps

Changes:
    • New sweep options (see post 3 for info on how to activate):
    • See post 3 for info on how to turn sweep options on/off as there are several options

Changes:
    • See post 3 for info on how to turn sweep2wake on
    • Moved system apps back to /system for greater compatibility

Changes:
    • New kernel defaults to sweep2sleep (sweep2wake disabled for better battery life and glitch free performance)
    • Kernel also supports option for full s2w (sweep2sleep and sweep2wake): see post 3 for setup
    • Fixed MMS compression error when adding pictures to texts

Changes:
    • Removed sweep-2-wake due to reports of intermittent unresponsive touch panels

Installation notes:

Changes:
    • Sweep-2-wake added to default kernel and 1.7/1.8 kernel flashable ZIPs
    • Messaging app: enhanced picture quality plus 500K, 1M, and 5M max sizes.
    • Updated ES File Explorer

Changes:
    • Fixes various bugs introduced by the app association mod
    • Updates SuperSU app and binary (use SuperSU app to turn off new notifications if you notice them and don't want them)
    • Updated Google Maps

Changes:
    • App "Clear defaults" now sticks through reboots, allowing "Complete action using" dialogs to show until default is chosen

Changes:
    • Fixed FC when selecting Dropbox album from gallery (thanks il Duce/Steal25)
    • Fixed FC when deleting multiple drafts in messaging app

5.3 (5.1 & 5.2 were pulled)

Changes:
    • 5.3 fixes bugs present in 5.0-5.2

Changes:
    • Modified One X messaging app improves stability

Older versions: see the attached txt file
    How to tweak performance and battery life of this ROM to your needs.
    Note: after making any changes below, always reboot to make the change take effect

You can change the performance and features of MeanROM ICS by following these instructions:

The easiest way to change MeanROM options is to use the flashable ZIPs you'll find in the /sdcard/MeanROM-ICS folder. See the readme file in the same folder for specifics. The settings can also be set so that they survive dirty flashes (you don't have to keep changing with each new ROM version). See the sticky settings below for details.

MeanROM ICS uses "sticky" settings that will survive dirty wipes/installation of new versions meaning you can make these changes once and they'll stick through dirty installs when you update. We do this by creating a file called /data/MeanROM.opt. The file should be a text file and it should have permissions rwxr-xr-x (755). There is an all-sticky-settings-template.zip file in your MeanROM-ICS folder that you can flash from recovery which will create the /data/MeanROM.opt file for you: it creates a template that has ALL of the adjustable parameters below as comments in the file. Simply edit that /data/MeanROM.opt file and take the "#" character off the beginning of the line to activate the features you want (instructions are also listed at the top of the MeanROM.opt file as comments). Steps 1-7 in "The hard way" instructions below show you how to get to the /data folder with ES File Explorer. Here's what to put in that MeanROM.opt file (note that case IS important when naming this file):

Again, the easiest way to set up the sticky settings is to flash the above ZIP and then modify the /data/MeanROM.opt file that is created.

• Performance or battery: Use PERFORMANCE_OR_BATTERY="PERFORMANCE" (including quotes) for performance mode or PERFORMANCE_OR_BATTERY="BATTERY" (including quotes) for battery mode to get more from your battery.
    • Screen on with new SMS: There is a meanrom.opt.screenonsms property in build.prop that you can change to false if you don't want your screen turning on when new messages arrive. To put this preference in the sticky file, add a line that says "setprop meanrom.opt.screenonsms true" (not including quotes). Updated in 3.9: there is now a screenonsms.zip file in /sdcard/MeanROM-ICS that does this for you.
    • Wake with camera button: There is a meanrom.opt.camerawake property in build.prop that you can change to false if you don't want your phone waking up with a full press of the camera button. To put this preference in the sticky file, add a line that says "setprop meanrom.opt.camerawake false" (not including quotes).
    • Moonlight mode: There is a meanrom.opt.moonlight property in build.prop that you can change to false if you want normal brightness when using the phone in a dark environment (default is screen dimmer than stock in total darkness). To put this preference in the sticky file, add a line that says "setprop meanrom.opt.moonlight false" (not including quotes).
    • Capacitive button brightness: To make the capacitive buttons brighter, add a line that says BRIGHTSET="40" (including quotes). The default is very dim (1) so they only show in the dark but you can even turn them off with BRIGHTSET="0" if you like.
    • Jackhammer: The ROM defaults to a stronger setting for haptic feedback when using the capacitive buttons (equivalent to the old base). Many people find the new settings too soft but if you like the softer feedback, you can flash the stock haptic feedback file in /sdcard/MeanROM-ICS. You can change it in build.prop or simply flash the ZIP.
    • Keyboard notification icon: To turn off the keyboard notification icon, edit /system/build.prop and change "meanrom.opt.kbdnotification=true" to "meanrom.opt.kbdnotification=false".
    • Sweep2sleep and sweep2wake: The ROM defaults to screen on sweep modes only (sweep2sleep, sweep2power, and sweep2snap). Sweep2wake is disabled by default because it requires that the touch panel be active while the screen is off, reducing battery life. You may add the line "echo 2 > /sys/android_touch/sweep2wake" (not including quotes) to the MeanROM.opt file to activate the sweep2wake mode but bear in mind that this will reduce battery life to some degree. The amount of battery used will depend on how much the touch panel is activated while the screen is off: basically how much the phone moves around in your pocket. See the list below for info on all the sweep modes.

Sweep gestures (sweep finger across the capacitive buttons on bottom of phone):
    • Sweep2deepsleep: with screen off, swipe from right to left to temporarily disable sweeps while screen is off (until screen is turned back on: prevents pocket sweeps)

Sweep modes:
    attachment.php

Example... here are the contents of the MeanROM.opt file for someone who prefers battery over performance, doesn't want screen on with SMS, doesn't want the camera button to wake the phone, doesn't want the screen dimmer in total darkness, wants the capacitive buttons bright, and wants all sweep features:

Code:
    PERFORMANCE_OR_BATTERY="BATTERY"
    setprop meanrom.opt.screenonsms false
    setprop meanrom.opt.camerawake false
    setprop meanrom.opt.moonlight false
    BRIGHTSET="40"
    echo 5 > /sys/android_touch/sweep2wake

Overclocking:

1.728 Ghz overclocking is standard on MeanROM 4.8 and up. I've had no reports of any issues on this OC kernel, but if you'd like to run the stock kernel, there is a stock-kernel-no-oc.zip file in /sdcard/MeanROM-ICS that contains the stock kernel running at 1.512 Ghz. If you are s-off, simply flash the file after flashing the ROM and reboot. If you are s-on, you must let the ROM boot once and settle first, then reboot to recovery and flash stock-kernel-no-oc.zip. In the unlikely even that you have trouble booting after flashing and you are s-on, you'll have to pull the boot.img file out of the stock-kernel-no-oc.zip file, reboot to the bootloader, and then issue the command "fastboot flash boot boot.img" from your command prompt. This will be your method of recovery should the OC kernel cause any trouble and you are s-on, because you cannot flash the old (stock) kernel if the current kernel won't boot: so do it from fastboot.

If you want to report on battery life in this thread, here's how:

MeanROM ICS has some built in data logging that helps with diagnostics. One of these logs shows battery life over time and contains more useful information than the built-in graphs. So if you're not getting the best battery life and you want to report that... or you just want to report how good your battery has been, follow the steps below to report useful information in this thread. Post in this thread about your battery (whatever info you like) but we want to take the file /data/MeanROM.chk, rename it to MeanROM.chk.txt so it's a known format, and attach that text file to your post. If you don't know how to get MeanROM.chk off your /data partition to attach here, here are the dirty details:

The hard way (but requires no command line or ADB experience):
    1. Open the included ES File Explorer app
    2. Click "Menu", "Settings"
    3. Be sure "Up to Root", "Root Explorer", and "Mount File System" are all checked
    4. Steps 1-3 you only have to do once
    5. Back on the main window, ES File Explorer normally starts in /sdcard (listed up top)
    6. Press the back button to go to the root
    7. Open the "data" folder from the list
    8. Scroll down to the MeanROM.chk file and long press on that file
    9. Select "Copy"
    10. Press the back button to go back to root and select the sdcard2 folder
    11. Press "Menu", "Operations", "Paste" and the file will now be on your SD card
    12. Plug the phone into your computer and copy MeanROM.chk off the SD card to your computer
    13. On your computer, rename MeanROM.chk to MeanROM.chk.txt to make the file an obvious format
    14. Post any pertinent info here WRT battery and attach that MeanROM.chk.txt file to your post

The easy way:
    1. Open a command prompt (in Windows use Start and type CMD in the search box and press enter)
    2. If you're not already in a folder where you have write access, go to a writeable folder now
    3. Plug the phone into the computer, being sure "USB debugging" is turned on
    4. At the command prompt, type "adb pull /data/MeanROM.chk" without the quotes (case matters!)
    5. On your computer, explore the folder you used in the command window and rename MeanROM.chk to MeanROM.chk.txt to make the file an obvious format
    6. Post any pertinent info here WRT battery and attach that MeanROM.chk.txt file to your post

Note, MeanROM.chk shows battery stats for the phone since you last booted. If you restarted your phone and want the stats from the PREVIOUS boot, use MeanROM-prev.chk.
    Just sitting here while I do a backup, thinking about the things I'm thankful for. I know you guys often thank me, but I want to return that and thank all of you too! I'm very grateful for the feedback I get here and the donations. We may not always agree, but except for a few short exchanges of smart-Alec comments here and there, I've found this entire discussion to be very professional. In computers, you'll never get even close to 100% agreement, and everyone will have their own opinions. That said, I really think MeanROM is a symbiosis between developer and users that just works for those of us who are here. For others who have different goals and end up just passing through, that's great too. Freedom is what Android is all about.

I particularly want to thank everyone for keeping me up to speed on what's out there and what might fit with the MeanROM goals. Honestly, I'm spread so thin right now that I can't keep abreast of what is going on and keep developing this ROM to the level that I like. So don't stop the suggestions. I only ask that you realize that there are some that either won't fit in my MeanROM goals or may just be too labor intensive.

Bottom line, in the spirit of the season, THANK YOU ALL!

And a big THANK YOU to XDA for providing a well run place for developers like myself to thrive, and to all the other developers here who I have (or will eventually) work with!

Mike
    Working hard here. Moving along, but it's slow. I hope to have the first (very) prelim version by tomorrow.

attachment.php

Mike