Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

*[APP]* crypTo (AES)

OP Jaredsburrows

23rd June 2012, 05:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 62

50 posts
★★☆Please Comment and make Suggestions for new features before Rating!☆★★

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ws.apps.crypto

crypTo is a lightweight and powerful utility that calculates hashes from text or files stored on your device. You can calculate multiple hashes and file checksums at the same time to save time! Once you have calculated the checksums, you can easily click on them to copy them to the clipboard for use elsewhere! Hash your passwords and then Google the hash to see if it has been cracked! Hash downloaded files form the Internet, check if that hash matches the hash provided to prevent viruses/broken files!

crypTo features:

Hashing Algorithms: CRC32, GOST, MD2, MD4, MD5, RipeMD128, RipeMD160, RipeMD256, RipeMD320, SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512, Tiger and Whirlpool!

Other Encoding: Base64, Binary, Decimal, Hex

Encryption
✔ Hashing Strings

Decryption
✔ Binary, Base64, and MD5 Lookup

Passworded File Encryption
✔ AES 256 bit

Checksums
✔ Hashing Files (integrity of files)

Comparing
✔ Compare Hashes and Strings

FAQ:
What is a string?
✔ In computer programming, a string is traditionally a sequence or array of characters, either as a literal constant or as some kind of variable.

What is a hash?
✔ A hash is an encrypted string of letters or numbers by different encryption methods. Hashes are used in cryptography for creating strong passwords, data encryption and to check the integrity of files.

What is a checksum?
✔ A checksum is a generate hash of a file based on its contents.

Tested on the following phones:
✔ Droid
✔ Droid X
✔ HTC Inspire

Permissions requested:
✔ Internet: MD5 Reverse Lookup

Suggestions/Possible Future Updates:
– Text Encryption
– More Encryption Methods such as Adler-32 and Haval-128

Tags: hash encryption decryption Base64 Binary CRC32 GOST MD2 MD4 MD5 RipeMD128 RipeMD160 hash RipeMD256 RipeMD320 SHA-1 SHA-256 SHA-384 SHA-512 Tiger Whirlpool password security droid hack hacking encryption decryption hash hashes message digest algorithm secure cryptographic function checksum rom roms verifier MD5 checker Rivest comparison cyanogenmod cyanogen md5sum mand5 AES file encryption password
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qr.png
Views:	694
Size:	594 Bytes
ID:	1150362  
Last edited by Jaredsburrows; 23rd June 2012 at 05:26 PM. Reason: added images and links
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jaredsburrows For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th June 2012, 07:35 PM   |  #2  
Flag Cowtown, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,135

2,264 posts
Donate to Me
More
Very nice feature list. Will give it a go on my One X.
28th June 2012, 08:17 PM   |  #3  
London
Thanks Meter: 50

344 posts
More
Sounds good!
28th June 2012, 08:44 PM   |  #4  
Flag Overland Park
Thanks Meter: 243

1,134 posts
More
Just downloaded it. I'll give it a go in a bit with a few file types and sizes then I'll jump back in the market and rate it.
28th June 2012, 08:48 PM   |  #5  
Flag Milwaukee, WI
Thanks Meter: 115

749 posts
Donate to Me
More
Works great on my HOXL
29th June 2012, 12:31 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Orlando

50 posts
Arrow Hello
Hello,

Thanks for the replies and feedback. Can you make an suggestion or any features you would like to see implemented in future releases?

The next release will show the timings of both the Checksums and File Encryptions as well as the file sizes.

Regards,
29th June 2012, 02:28 AM   |  #7  
Flag Shenyang
Thanks Meter: 60

399 posts
Donate to Me
More
Now I'm using TC to check single file MD5. This app seems great and I'll give it a try later.
29th June 2012, 03:37 AM   |  #8  
Flag Milwaukee, WI
Thanks Meter: 115

749 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterjb

Hello,

Thanks for the replies and feedback. Can you make an suggestion or any features you would like to see implemented in future releases?

The next release will show the timings of both the Checksums and File Encryptions as well as the file sizes.

Regards,

The only thing I'd really like to see is a more "vanilla" theme to the app. I'm really into my apps all looking aosp-ish. I'm perfectly fine with it either way, but it's just my personal input. Other encryption options would be great too. Maybe a custom key generator used to encrypt/decrypt? (similar to the option in truecrypt if you've used it to generate a private key by moving the mouse around)
29th June 2012, 04:08 AM   |  #9  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 332

913 posts
whats the use of "MD5 reverse lookup"?
if thats not needed (to me), is it possible to have a version without the internet permission? (as this is a security-related app and having this permission makes me nervous.. 8)
29th June 2012, 05:58 AM   |  #10  
OP Member
Flag Orlando

50 posts
Thumbs up Nice :)
mcmb03:
Quote:

The only thing I'd really like to see is a more "vanilla" theme to the app. I'm really into my apps all looking aosp-ish. I'm perfectly fine with it either way, but it's just my personal input. Other encryption options would be great too. Maybe a custom key generator used to encrypt/decrypt? (similar to the option in truecrypt if you've used it to generate a private key by moving the mouse around)

Thanks for the feedback! You said aosp-ish, do you mean a light background? and a darker action bar? Also, you said other encryption, can you list some you would like to see?

iamelton:
Quote:

whats the use of "MD5 reverse lookup"?
if thats not needed (to me), is it possible to have a version without the internet permission? (as this is a security-related app and having this permission makes me nervous.. 8)

This is a good question! If you have a MD5 string you would like to figure out what the hash is, you can find the reverse MD5 of it. (text to MD5, and back again). Also, the Internet permission is also used for the ads.
Last edited by Jaredsburrows; 29th June 2012 at 06:00 AM. Reason: clarity

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aes, encryption, file, md5, password
Previous Thread Next Thread