[ABANDONED][ROM][GT-P5110][4.0.4] Unofficial CM9 with cherry picks
This thread has been abandoned due to CM10 is already working quite well on this device.
In this thread, I'll post my CyanogenMod 9 unofficial compiles with various cherry picks. I chose to make this thread in order not to offend anyone in the original CM9 thread by codeworkx
. I haven't done much work here, the device tree with it's proprietary vendor files is done by codeworkx. The cherry picks are done by the CM9 development community, so please don't think that I'm trying to steal anyone's work or to seek fame. I merely compile this ROM with some added cherry picks, that's all.
The cherry picks I've chosen are pretty much the same as in fitsnugly's skankwitch ROMs. Some of them are not relevant to tables, I guess, but I also use the same repo to compile for my phone sometimes. Some of fitsnugly's picks won't merge cleanly, however, and because I just don't have the time to manually edit files in order to make them work, I simply left those out instead. Maybe there is a simple way to make them merge and I just don't know how to fix that. In that case, please let me hear your thoughts on that matter.
I'm only going to compile it for the P5110, as that's the one I'm using, and I don't have time to do three different builds each time. Sorry about that.
What's in the ROM?
The cherry picks in the latest version are:
- Fix don't interrupt ongoing PIN/PUK verification
- frameworks: new effect sounds contributed by "Dennis Cleiren"
- Give consistent names to properties controlling camera shutter sound
- Fix wifi-sleep-policy
- Volume adjust sound preference
- Hide Adb Notification
- libstagefright: Fix MPEG4 timestamp (using 32-bit unsigned)
- Add option to dissable camera shutter sound
- Wifi: Allow to define the idle timeout (5 mn to 3 hours)
- Power widget cleanup (WIP)
- Processor.java: Fixes and Cleanups
- Camera: Use popup settings instead of knobs
- Camera: add burst open mode (up to 20 shots)
- Calculator: remove a lot of unused stuff and made the code cleaner
- Add buttons to allow horizontal movement
- Hide Buttons completly during fullscreen do this to prevent burn in on OLED devixes and also to get a cleaner look.
- Preferences: Infinite/Loop homescreen scrolling
- Option to reverse volume key logic on cursor control
- LatinIME: add smileys to return/send keystyle
- Switched code to blx <reg>
cm-9-20120716-UNOFFICIAL-p5110.zip (md5: 48c47ecbe39754caf2b3e8b20924db73)
- ActivityManagerService: stay away from zombie content providers
Device: Nexus 4 Bootloader: MAKOZ10l Baseband: M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1700.33 ROM: CM10.1 nightlies Kernel: CM10.1 Stock
Device: SGS3 LTE GT-I9305 ROM: Deodexed stock Kernel: Stock [Wife has it]
Device: Galaxy Nexus [SOLD]
Device: Galaxy Tab 2 10" WiFi (P5110) ROM: CM10 Kernel: CM10 Stock
Device: HTC Sensation [SOLD]
Device: Nexus S i9023 [SOLD]
Device: Nexus One Used sometimes for testing
Device: HTC Magic 32A [SOLD]
Github: zyonee Twitter: zyonee Google+: here