Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,571 Members 51,996 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy SIII Flashed 2 Boost Mobile

Tip us?

derrickmd18
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Nice I'm thinking about getting a s3 from best buy and paying full price and getting a warranty and flash to boost

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using xda app-developers app

mrkevo3000
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
I'm also interested in the method. I'm assuming the same method to Boost will also work to move the Sprint Galaxy SIII to a Sprint legacy plan like SERO. What I've found out so far:

1) QPST v2.7 Build 366 doesn't work on the Sprint GS3 except to add the diag comm port so that QXDM can see the port. You will not be able to use QPST to manipulate Profile 0 and Profile 1 to enable 3G.

2) QXDM v3.11.36 can be used for the repair. This will get you voice, SMS, 1xRTT data working.

3) To fix Profile 0 and Profile 1 to enable 3G, CDMA Tools DFS v4.0.0.3 looks to be very promising. Don't know what fields to fill out though.

I've seen ads in craigslist selling flashing services for the Galaxy S3 for use w/ Boost, so someone has already figured this out. Hopefully it won't be long before someone documents all the steps.
Have you tried qpst 2.7.374?
"I Proudly Served"
HIT THANKS IF I"VE HELPED YOU

JUSMEJOSE
Old
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevo3000 View Post
You have to use DFS tool
T-Mobile Galaxy Galaxy Note 3 - White 32GB
ROM: Stock
Rooted
Kernel: Trinity/Overclocked

-------------

Any questions about Hard Bricked/JTAG Repairs PM ME...

-------------

Previous Phones

Motorola i60/Motorola i860/Motorola i930/Motorola V300/Nokia N95 8GB/Nokia N96/HTC G1/Blackberry 9000/HTC Nexus One/Samsung Nexus S/Samsung Vibrant T959/Samsung T989/Samsung T889/Samsung M919
The Following User Says Thank You to JUSMEJOSE For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AlpineMan
Old
Thanks Meter 706
Quote:
I got a hold of QPST 2.7 build 378. This version is able to read more info from the Galaxy S3 than build 366. I'm able to launch EFS Explorer and see most (if not all) the NV Items. I'm not able to use Service Programming however. As soon as I enter the MSL, I get an error message saying "Roaming list receive failed". It looks like the latest build is 385. I'm wondering perhaps this build will be able to fully read/write the GS3. If anyone has a link to QPST 2.7 build 385, please share.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSMEJOSE View Post
You have to use DFS tool
Do you think you and/or your friend can share with us how you guys did it using DFS? Thanks.

JUSMEJOSE
Old
Thanks Meter 187
Ill tell him how if he can do a guide or something....
T-Mobile Galaxy Galaxy Note 3 - White 32GB
ROM: Stock
Rooted
Kernel: Trinity/Overclocked

-------------

Any questions about Hard Bricked/JTAG Repairs PM ME...

-------------

Previous Phones

Motorola i60/Motorola i860/Motorola i930/Motorola V300/Nokia N95 8GB/Nokia N96/HTC G1/Blackberry 9000/HTC Nexus One/Samsung Nexus S/Samsung Vibrant T959/Samsung T989/Samsung T889/Samsung M919

ranchosteve
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Default I flashed to Sero.

I used qxdm 3.12.714, which connected fine. I tried QPST.2.7.374 and was not able to connect to phone. "PRL error". CDWS connects but some features don't work, but its enough to get the phone programmed and 3g.
The Following User Says Thank You to ranchosteve For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrkevo3000
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchosteve View Post
I used qxdm 3.12.714, which connected fine. I tried QPST.2.7.374 and was not able to connect to phone. "PRL error". CDWS connects but some features don't work, but its enough to get the phone programmed and 3g.
Do you mind sharing that version of Qxdm been looking for that one! Thanks..

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Quote:
I got a hold of QPST 2.7 build 378. This version is able to read more info from the Galaxy S3 than build 366. I'm able to launch EFS Explorer and see most (if not all) the NV Items. I'm not able to use Service Programming however. As soon as I enter the MSL, I get an error message saying "Roaming list receive failed". It looks like the latest build is 385. I'm wondering perhaps this build will be able to fully read/write the GS3. If anyone has a link to QPST 2.7 build 385, please share.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Do you think you and/or your friend can share with us how you guys did it using DFS? Thanks.
I second this, Also is that qpst 2.7.385 the latest one, I'm surprised that cdws hasn't updated its software to not need these other ones like Dfs.
"I Proudly Served"
HIT THANKS IF I"VE HELPED YOU

AlpineMan
Old
Thanks Meter 706
Quote:
Do you mind sharing that version of Qxdm been looking for that one! Thanks..

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

I second this, Also is that qpst 2.7.385 the latest one, I'm surprised that cdws hasn't updated its software to not need these other ones like Dfs.
QXDM v3.12.714 : http://hotfile.com/dl/114670632/36a0....714_winxp.rar

Anyone have QPST 2.7 build 385?
The Following User Says Thank You to AlpineMan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ghanafirst
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
I'm also interested in the method. I'm assuming the same method to Boost will also work to move the Sprint Galaxy SIII to a Sprint legacy plan like SERO. What I've found out so far:

1) QPST v2.7 Build 366 doesn't work on the Sprint GS3 except to add the diag comm port so that QXDM can see the port. You will not be able to use QPST to manipulate Profile 0 and Profile 1 to enable 3G.

2) QXDM v3.11.36 can be used for the repair. This will get you voice, SMS, 1xRTT data working.

3) To fix Profile 0 and Profile 1 to enable 3G, CDMA Tools DFS v4.0.0.3 looks to be very promising. Don't know what fields to fill out though.

I've seen ads in craigslist selling flashing services for the Galaxy S3 for use w/ Boost, so someone has already figured this out. Hopefully it won't be long before someone documents all the steps.
In DFS the fields to fill out for Profile 0 and Profile 1 are under Programming >>>Mobile. IP

AlpineMan
Old
Thanks Meter 706
Yes, I figured that before posting. It however is still operating at 1xRTT. So there must be something else I'm missing that needs to be changed in DFS.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
Flash Galaxy Note 3, Note 2, S4, S3, S2 to Sprint, SERO, Boost, Virgin Mobile: CLICK HERE

MMS Fix for Galaxy Note 3, Note 2, S4, S3, S2 on Sprint, SERO, Boost, Virgin Mobile: CLICK HERE

Update Profile/PRL/HFA Fix for Sprint Galaxy Note 3 and S4 flashed to Sprint, SERO, Boost, Virgin Mobile: CLICK HERE