Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,453 Members 42,356 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My Note just got stolen, help login out of everything.

Tip us?

Chaosin1983
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default My Note just got stolen, help login out of everything.

I just got my Note stolen a few hours ago, I am so pissed right now, but hey what can I do... I live in Nicaragua, so no warranty and no police claim will get it back for me...

Tomorrow I will call my carrier and see if I can block my phone through IMEI number so the son of a **** that stole it cannot use it...

I never kept my gps enabled unless I was using it so no tracking software will be able to track my phone, I already blocked my number with my carrier so I guess there is not much I can do to track it, but I would like to sign out of everything on my phone, and I was just wondering if I changed passwords on every service installed on my phone would the theif still be able to login if I had checked the "remember me" or "stayed logged in" options?

Thanks,

HasC
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosin1983 View Post
I just got my Note stolen a few hours ago, I am so pissed right now, but hey what can I do... I live in Nicaragua, so no warranty and no police claim will get it back for me...

Tomorrow I will call my carrier and see if I can block my phone through IMEI number so the son of a **** that stole it cannot use it...

I never kept my gps enabled unless I was using it so no tracking software will be able to track my phone, I already blocked my number with my carrier so I guess there is not much I can do to track it, but I would like to sign out of everything on my phone, and I was just wondering if I changed passwords on every service installed on my phone would the theif still be able to login if I had checked the "remember me" or "stayed logged in" options?

Thanks,
Try to install plan b from the market. You can install it remotely from Google play using a web browser and should be able to get the GPS coordinates of your phone providing the thief has not removed your Google account. Do it asap to increase your chances.

azzledazzle
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 2021

DONATE TO ME
+1 Good idea, However The phone will need to have internet access to receive the remote download.

Dont suppose you had Lookout installed ?? On my device it is un-installable, and i can remotely turn GPS on / off, Track the phone, Wipe everything, Lock the device, and even make the phone scream !! (useful for when you are tracking and a close enough to hear it)

I hope you get it back !!

sujal
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Changing the password won't let the thief use any of the services you have logged into. The app should request him for the new password. Do it ASAP!

I feel for you man! Had my iPod touch, Optimus 2X and Galaxy SII stolen!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to sujal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

madbird
Old
(Last edited by madbird; 25th June 2012 at 08:39 AM.)
Thanks Meter 16
first of all sorry you, that's one of the worst things that can happen to a phone.

if you think the theft is using your phone only with a different simcard you have the following options:

- try planb (as already mentioned above) to locate your phone.

- if you have a google account on the phone, try android lost that will gain you the full control over the phone including locating it, taking photos of the cameras and wiping the complete data of the device out. its a really great tool .

- if you have a Samsung account on your phone, try the samsung dive website with this you can also do things like locating or wiping data view call logs and so on.

if all the above fail you should change the passwords of all your accounts used on the phone, especially the email accounts. also try to contact your provider, really few of them provide a location service based on the imei number of the device. and also some of them offer the service to put the device's imei number to a ban list so the phone is useless at all because it cant login in to the gsm network.

*EDIT*: go to the police and let them give you a document that the phone is stolen, and the imei and serial numbers. give this document to samsung and they will put the device to a blacklist, so the device wont get service/support/repair anymore.

i hope some of this become useful to you
P900|Universal|AMEO|HD2|Galaxy Note (Chracks rom & Goku Kernel)
The Following User Says Thank You to madbird For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kangal
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Best thing would be to:

1- Track it (with the app said above) or with Samsung Dive!
2- Find the perp
3- Beat him with a cow bone
4- Retrieve the phone
5- Send it to me for inspection

Phase:
1) Nokia 5110 > 3315 > T610
2) LG U8360 + iPaq 2215 > O2 XDA II > iPaq rw6815 > Mitach Mio a702
3) N95 > HTC TyTN II > HTC TouchPro > iPhone 3G
4) DEXT > N900 > SGS > DZ + PlayBook
5) NOTE > NOTE 3

Classic Arsenal:
HTC Desire Z + GameGripper
Android 2.3.7 + MIUI DarkTheme + ItchyThumb

Current Arsenal:
Samsung NOTE 3, 4G, Black
vMOD, Apex, Kii, SwitchR
Matte Kickstand case, Glass Protector, Datel TurboFire2, Belkin Miracast
40GB's of Apps, PSX, N64, GBA, SNES, Sega Games

Chaosin1983
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Hi guys, thanks for your help, I installed Plan B a few hours after the OP, but still no email...I would gladly beat the crap out of the theif, but I fear I won't see my note again, I have already ordered another one, this time I will install every tracking anti theft app available...

Anyhow, after this, I installed Lookout on my Girlfriends Note, and tried out the tracking, the tracking is not that accurate, it positions the phone within a 2 Km radius...any other app that would be more accurate?

Thanks,

azzledazzle
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 2021

DONATE TO ME
Im using avast and i have to say its working well, it has a ton of features, you can make mobile data persistent with a single text making tracking that bit more accurate

combine it with the screaming feature of lookout and you should be able to hear it if you are close enough.

Autodroid
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Try samsung dive

http://www.samsungdive.com
baz77 Old
Thanks Meter
Lol samsung dive will dissapear when factory reset

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2