Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,401 Members 39,014 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My Note just got stolen, help login out of everything.

Tip us?

gedster314
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Little late for the original poster but Cerberus is a nice app too. I got in on a free promotion. I have it activated and don't even think about till I get an email saying that I changed my sim. You can remotely hide the app, wipe phone/sdcard have a login screen pop up appear, record video and or audio and map in real time.

Even though I think tracking your kids is creepy, I can see how some parents would love to install it on their kid's phone.

Chaosin1983
Old
(Last edited by Chaosin1983; 25th June 2012 at 06:06 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks again for all the info, I will try all these once my new phone gets here.

I have a question though, all of these tracking apps need data connection on the cel phone's side...correct? What if the theif turns off data connection? Is there one that works with only GPS?

azzledazzle
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 2020

DONATE TO ME
Well in avast, you can remotely activate data network even if the thief switches it off, It also has stealth mode where it hides all traces of being installed.

If you are rooted it can even withstand a factory reset.

ravi_buz
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosin1983 View Post
Thanks again for all the info, I will try all these once my new phone gets here.

I have a question though, all of these tracking apps need data connection on the cel phone's side...correct? What if the theif turns off data connection? Is there one that works with only GPS?
GPS also needs data connectivity.
Always help, Always thank.

Xperia Z1 (C6902)
LG G Pad (V500)
Gionee Pioneer P2
N7000 (Sold)
Karbon ST8 Tab
E10i.

Chaosin1983
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi_buz View Post
GPS also needs data connectivity.
I've used GPS trakcing with data off before ...it will track you even if the map does not render...afterwards when you get connectivity the map will be displayed along with your tracking info.

dr.ketan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 26016

DONATE TO ME
GPS don't requires data connection thogh, tracking won't work without data connection.
GPS fix the position without data connection, but for tracking you need to pass that information to server, which needs data connection.
For N7100---For N7000
My Applications

---Will back soon from a small break ---

salmavic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Phone can i unblock a samsung galaxy note ?

hey everyone !
so i got scammed in ebay and i got a samsung galaxy note n7000. the guy said it worked perfectly and stuff...buuut no !! when i got the phone it wont read any sim card so i just figured it was from the sim card reader. when i took it to my retailer they told me the phone was stolen/lost and the original owner kinda blocked it so no one can use it. i have access to the phone and everything except that it wont read my sim card. i contacted the guy i got from on ebay and filed a claim and everything but i know these things can take FOREVER before i can get my money back. the guy i got it from told me he bought on ebay too in november 2012. i dont wanna sell the phone again on ebay and scam more people i tried looking for the original owner so we can figure out a deal but i couldnt.

is there anyway i can fix this phone ?!! or can i contact the samsung store maybe and they can find the original owner ?!! please help...anyone ?!!!

dsmas
Old
(Last edited by dsmas; 9th February 2013 at 07:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 251
Default Re: My Note just got stolen, help login out of everything.

Strange. Post could be chameleon or possibly victim of stolen phone.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
:
baz77 Old
Thanks Meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmavic View Post
hey everyone !
so i got scammed in ebay and i got a samsung galaxy note n7000. the guy said it worked perfectly and stuff...buuut no !! when i got the phone it wont read any sim card so i just figured it was from the sim card reader. when i took it to my retailer they told me the phone was stolen/lost and the original owner kinda blocked it so no one can use it. i have access to the phone and everything except that it wont read my sim card. i contacted the guy i got from on ebay and filed a claim and everything but i know these things can take FOREVER before i can get my money back. the guy i got it from told me he bought on ebay too in november 2012. i dont wanna sell the phone again on ebay and scam more people i tried looking for the original owner so we can figure out a deal but i couldnt.

is there anyway i can fix this phone ?!! or can i contact the samsung store maybe and they can find the original owner ?!! please help...anyone ?!!!
maybe, but how do I know you didnt steal it yourself/know you bought a stolen phone?

LoVeRice
Old
Thanks Meter 96

Salmavic please return that phone to chaosin! Lol jk

The Following User Says Thank You to LoVeRice For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]