No registration required

[KERNEL]{S} Advanced Stock ICS Kernel Build 17 [08/12/12]

OP Arakmar

24th June 2012, 04:06 PM   |  #11  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 33

114 posts
More
Excuse my noob-ish question, but... what's the difference between a 'stock' kernel with recovery and a completely custom kernel like DoomLord's? Is it to do with core frequencies/governors?
24th June 2012, 04:15 PM   |  #12  
Flag Langenzenn
Thanks Meter: 73

251 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fNOOB

Excuse my noob-ish question, but... what's the difference between a 'stock' kernel with recovery and a completely custom kernel like DoomLord's? Is it to do with core frequencies/governors?

Frequencies and governors are one possible customicing for kernels, for the most users the most important thing. also Kernel modifing can allows you init.d support, undervoltscripts and also allows (or denies) MSC support... and, for shure, clean out some tings, make things more efficiently and and and... a dev is nearly totaly free to create a very customiced kernel with or without special Driver support or so
The Following User Says Thank You to noob.fl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th June 2012, 04:46 PM   |  #13  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 33

114 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob.fl

Frequencies and governors are one possible customicing for kernels, for the most users the most important thing. also Kernel modifing can allows you init.d support, undervoltscripts and also allows (or denies) MSC support... and, for shure, clean out some tings, make things more efficiently and and and... a dev is nearly totaly free to create a very customiced kernel with or without special Driver support or so

Cheers mate
24th June 2012, 04:51 PM   |  #14  
Quote:
Originally Posted by sminki

cool.. well that's a hell of a lot easier than the manual route I was taking. This was my goal, but for personal rather than pseudo "xda glory" as I'm working with DooM's stuff I didn't feel right posting it without his permission, but he's probably too busy to care

go for it championswimmer

using someone's work just because 'he's too busy to care' is not the aim which we at xda strive for ...

i've already talked with Doomlord regarding using his recovery... and as long as I clearly mention it's his work and provide links back to his thread, he has no issues with anyone else using it...
(and i'll surely do that ^^ when i release a kernel containing his recovery, if i ever do that)
The Following User Says Thank You to championswimmer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th June 2012, 05:09 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 78

270 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by championswimmer

using someone's work just because 'he's too busy to care' is not the aim which we at xda strive for ...

i've already talked with Doomlord regarding using his recovery... and as long as I clearly mention it's his work and provide links back to his thread, he has no issues with anyone else using it...
(and i'll surely do that ^^ when i release a kernel containing his recovery, if i ever do that)

cool, i was only making a bad joke, we all know DooM cares
24th June 2012, 05:50 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 78

270 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by championswimmer

lol.. ok

and i'll bring you some unicorns soon

I can't wait!
24th June 2012, 06:55 PM   |  #18  
Flag Kalamoun - Tripoli
Thanks Meter: 244

682 posts
More
so this kernel has the ro.secure property in default.prop set to 0??
24th June 2012, 06:58 PM   |  #19  
Flag rome
Thanks Meter: 226

295 posts
More
Tnaks mate for your job!
tested right now the test version and the sony logo fades and reboots
24th June 2012, 07:03 PM   |  #20  
can you plug it into a pc and run a logcat from command prompt and give me the output of any comes??

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread