Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 41,488 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL]{S} Advanced Stock ICS Kernel Build 17 [08/12/12]

Tip us?
 
fNOOB
Old
#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 114
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Excuse my noob-ish question, but... what's the difference between a 'stock' kernel with recovery and a completely custom kernel like DoomLord's? Is it to do with core frequencies/governors?
 
noob.fl
Old
#12  
noob.fl's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 251
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Langenzenn

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fNOOB View Post
Excuse my noob-ish question, but... what's the difference between a 'stock' kernel with recovery and a completely custom kernel like DoomLord's? Is it to do with core frequencies/governors?
Frequencies and governors are one possible customicing for kernels, for the most users the most important thing. also Kernel modifing can allows you init.d support, undervoltscripts and also allows (or denies) MSC support... and, for shure, clean out some tings, make things more efficiently and and and... a dev is nearly totaly free to create a very customiced kernel with or without special Driver support or so
http://www.android-schweiz.ch/
The Following User Says Thank You to noob.fl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
fNOOB
Old
#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 114
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob.fl View Post
Frequencies and governors are one possible customicing for kernels, for the most users the most important thing. also Kernel modifing can allows you init.d support, undervoltscripts and also allows (or denies) MSC support... and, for shure, clean out some tings, make things more efficiently and and and... a dev is nearly totaly free to create a very customiced kernel with or without special Driver support or so
Cheers mate
 
championswimmer
Old
#14  
championswimmer's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7,568
Posts: 4,900
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Delhi College of Engineering (Delhi Technological University)

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sminki View Post
cool.. well that's a hell of a lot easier than the manual route I was taking. This was my goal, but for personal rather than pseudo "xda glory" as I'm working with DooM's stuff I didn't feel right posting it without his permission, but he's probably too busy to care

go for it championswimmer
using someone's work just because 'he's too busy to care' is not the aim which we at xda strive for ...

i've already talked with Doomlord regarding using his recovery... and as long as I clearly mention it's his work and provide links back to his thread, he has no issues with anyone else using it...
(and i'll surely do that ^^ when i release a kernel containing his recovery, if i ever do that)
If you like my work, you can donate or buy some of my apps on Play Store

CONTRIBUTIONS :
AOKP | Kernel Kitchen| Xperia X10
PhilzTouchRecovery-Xperia | TWRPXperia | TWRP Xperia (Legacy)

My sources on github
List of donators
My download mirrors :
files.cs || Basketbuild || AndroidFileHost || Goo.im
Phones

Xperia :: tipo . X10 . J . S . V . SP . ZR . Z . Z1compact . Z1 . Z2 . Z Ultra . Tablet Z
The Following User Says Thank You to championswimmer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sminki
Old
#15  
sminki's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 270
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by championswimmer View Post
using someone's work just because 'he's too busy to care' is not the aim which we at xda strive for ...

i've already talked with Doomlord regarding using his recovery... and as long as I clearly mention it's his work and provide links back to his thread, he has no issues with anyone else using it...
(and i'll surely do that ^^ when i release a kernel containing his recovery, if i ever do that)
cool, i was only making a bad joke, we all know DooM cares

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ NEXUS 5 ~ Faux Kernel
~ Galaxy Nexus ~ AOKP
~ NEXUS 7 (original) ~ AOKP
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
championswimmer
Old
#16  
championswimmer's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7,568
Posts: 4,900
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Delhi College of Engineering (Delhi Technological University)

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sminki View Post
cool, i was only making a bad joke, we all know DooM cares
lol.. ok

and i'll bring you some unicorns soon
If you like my work, you can donate or buy some of my apps on Play Store

CONTRIBUTIONS :
AOKP | Kernel Kitchen| Xperia X10
PhilzTouchRecovery-Xperia | TWRPXperia | TWRP Xperia (Legacy)

My sources on github
List of donators
My download mirrors :
files.cs || Basketbuild || AndroidFileHost || Goo.im
Phones

Xperia :: tipo . X10 . J . S . V . SP . ZR . Z . Z1compact . Z1 . Z2 . Z Ultra . Tablet Z
The Following User Says Thank You to championswimmer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sminki
Old
#17  
sminki's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 270
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by championswimmer View Post
lol.. ok

and i'll bring you some unicorns soon
I can't wait!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ NEXUS 5 ~ Faux Kernel
~ Galaxy Nexus ~ AOKP
~ NEXUS 7 (original) ~ AOKP
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
amfirbek92
Old
#18  
amfirbek92's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 244
Posts: 682
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kalamoun - Tripoli
so this kernel has the ro.secure property in default.prop set to 0??
 
optik19918
Old
#19  
optik19918's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 226
Posts: 295
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: rome
Tnaks mate for your job!
tested right now the test version and the sony logo fades and reboots
 
championswimmer
Old
#20  
championswimmer's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7,568
Posts: 4,900
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Delhi College of Engineering (Delhi Technological University)

 
DONATE TO ME
can you plug it into a pc and run a logcat from command prompt and give me the output of any comes??
If you like my work, you can donate or buy some of my apps on Play Store

CONTRIBUTIONS :
AOKP | Kernel Kitchen| Xperia X10
PhilzTouchRecovery-Xperia | TWRPXperia | TWRP Xperia (Legacy)

My sources on github
List of donators
My download mirrors :
files.cs || Basketbuild || AndroidFileHost || Goo.im
Phones

Xperia :: tipo . X10 . J . S . V . SP . ZR . Z . Z1compact . Z1 . Z2 . Z Ultra . Tablet Z

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes