Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 53,565 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Take usb mouse/keyboard to bluetooth. (motorola lapdock related)

Tip us?

gltovar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Take usb mouse/keyboard to bluetooth. (motorola lapdock related)

with all the coverage the motorola laptop has been getting these days (google: motorola lapdock rikomagic or motorla lapdock raspberry pi )

I got one to toy around with it my self. I'd really like it to work with MHL devices. Thats the moment I found out that MHL's micro usb in is to charge the device and get the HDMI out to work, but doesn't pass though and more usb data though. I imagine the bandwidth is too great.

So as a consolation I thought it would be cool if the lapdock's mouse and keyboard were bluetooth, then i could connect to its display with hdmi, and control the phone with the bluetooth input.

Does anyone know if there is a generic usb device that allows you to connect a USB keyboard and mouse and then transmits though bluetooth? alternatively does any one know of any relevant mods that might help me hack this together?

Renate NST
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 783
The problem with MHL is that it uses the electrical path from the USB connection.
The problem is not bandwidth, it's wires.

All of the funny things that plug into a micro USB connector just use the same 5 pins that are already there and repurpose them.
This includes "Carkit", which is the analog headset/ handsfree connection or MHL.

xevangelx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
usb flash is also possible to connect and then not get what you

Renate NST
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 783
If you wanted to be really hard-core you could add another micro USB connector to your phone.
You'd have to pick off the USB signals as they come out of the PHY interface and before the main connector multiplexer.

Or you could get the guts out of a trashed BT keyboard and wire it to your Lapdock keyboard.
You wouldn't have to get the layout correct, you could just fix /system/usr/keylayout.

big7dave
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gltovar View Post
...Does anyone know if there is a generic usb device that allows you to connect a USB keyboard and mouse and then transmits though bluetooth? alternatively does any one know of any relevant mods that might help me hack this together?
I looked and haven't found one. However, during the search I found the KBtalKing Pro mechanical keyboard that solved my problem (well, when it is officially released next month)--it will allow me to use it as my main desktop keyboard (which should be great to type on due to the use of mechanical keys), and also pairs up to 10 devices via Bluetooth as well as one main USB device (probably the main computer). Looks like I'd be able to type on my Android, iPhone 4, PC or Mac simply by pressing a couple of buttons on the keyboard to switch over.

Probably not the economical USB to BT conversion you were looking for, but it's a solution and then some.

RamblingBarba
Old
Thanks Meter 20
You can check out handheldsci com/kb it looks like what you want.
Samsung S2 i777 on Resurrection Remix KK with RenderBroken's Kernel
Hisense SERO 7 Pro with Dopa's v1.1
HTC Sensation 4G CM10.2 with ION by Sultan
HTC Aria CM10 by Winsuk Retired
Samsung Captivate CM10 Retired

Nook Color CM10 on EMMC OC'd 1100
QI08M910ZJ3
11/08/2010
ES1.2
cyttsp

jimloader
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,
Did someone try up this handheldsci adapter ?? It looks indeed as the solution to use any input device/combo without using the usb connection (very useful for smartphones).