Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,068 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy S I9000 Screen Problem ?

Tip us?

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2202
Quote:
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
last time a checked three days ago there were no update for my device so i updated it manually to version 2.3.6 XWJW1 firmware. its not the value pack version.
you are picking up interference from somewhere , so best to check if you are on the correct radio firmware or your unit may have been repaired before and they have not housed back properly , since it is only picking up interference at close range with other radio frequencies

check http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1102881 for the correct firmware package based on your location
The Following User Says Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

panjgoori
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
anyone else having this kind of problem with their galaxy s ?

MrAndroid12
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
anyone else having this kind of problem with their galaxy s ?
My friend's unit and mine does, this only happens on 2G
White Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE i9505 + white S view Cover for everyday, Protective Cover+ for hiking, camping etc...
Rom: Stock non-rooted 4.4.2
Kernel: Stock
SD card: 32 GB Class 10

Tablet: White iPad Mini + Green Smart cover
Firmware: iOS 7.1.1

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (Family tab)
ROM Stock 4.1.2
CPU: Stock
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrAndroid12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

panjgoori
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman View Post
you are picking up interference from somewhere , so best to check if you are on the correct radio firmware or your unit may have been repaired before and they have not housed back properly , since it is only picking up interference at close range with other radio frequencies

check http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1102881 for the correct firmware package based on your location
as my country comes in Middle East/Africa im downloading these three files: for phone/baseband i downloaded this file: Gingerbeard 2.3.3 Middle-East and Africa JXJV6, for firmware Gingerbeard 2.3.4 JPJVC/JXJV6/OJPJV7/Sbl (MultiCSC), and stock kernel for middle east and africa.

is im choosing correct files ? Currently my phones baseband version is XXJVP.

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2202
Quote:
as my country comes in Middle East/Africa im downloading these three files: for phone/baseband i downloaded this file: Gingerbeard 2.3.3 Middle-East and Africa JXJV6, for firmware Gingerbeard 2.3.4 JPJVC/JXJV6/OJPJV7/Sbl (MultiCSC), and stock kernel for middle east and africa.

is im choosing correct files ? Currently my phones baseband version is XXJVP.
any combination of PDA, Modem and CSC is possible, as such you even use the JW6 being 2.3.6, with your country CSC and Modem
The Following User Says Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

panjgoori
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman View Post
any combination of PDA, Modem and CSC is possible, as such you even use the JW6 being 2.3.6, with your country CSC and Modem
thanks. im downloading it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAndroid12 View Post
My friend's unit and mine does, this only happens on 2G
is there any chance of screen failing completely because of this ?

MrAndroid12
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
thanks. im downloading it now.

is there any chance of screen failing completely because of this ?
It's just radio interference, i don't see how that has anything to do with failing screen
White Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE i9505 + white S view Cover for everyday, Protective Cover+ for hiking, camping etc...
Rom: Stock non-rooted 4.4.2
SD card: 32 GB Class 10

Tablet: White iPad Mini + Green Smart cover
Firmware: iOS 7.1.1

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (Family tab)
ROM Stock 4.1.2
CPU: Stock

panjgoori
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
flashed phone. but still the same thing. will use the phone as long as it will work fine.

Virnik0
Old
Thanks Meter 212

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
flashed phone. but still the same thing. will use the phone as long as it will work fine.
Switch modem. I had this too, it happens when you have modem which is using too much power to make calls.... Which means you have rock solid and stable signal, but it interferes with the rest of the phone...Try JVQ or JVT modems.
Resistance is futile.
You can follow me on Twitter.

panjgoori
Old
(Last edited by panjgoori; 27th June 2012 at 03:31 PM.) Reason: added info
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virnik0 View Post
Switch modem. I had this too, it happens when you have modem which is using too much power to make calls.... Which means you have rock solid and stable signal, but it interferes with the rest of the phone...Try JVQ or JVT modems.
tried both. but still no luck. btw i tried JVQ Australia/New Zealand one.

edit: now tried both but still no luck. and one thing does it requires to flash full firmware including PDA,CSC or just replace the modem with these two which you named ?