[Q] Samsung Galaxy S I9000 Screen Problem ?

OP panjgoori

27th June 2012, 06:20 AM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 2,234

3,920 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by panjgoori

last time a checked three days ago there were no update for my device so i updated it manually to version 2.3.6 XWJW1 firmware. its not the value pack version.

you are picking up interference from somewhere , so best to check if you are on the correct radio firmware or your unit may have been repaired before and they have not housed back properly , since it is only picking up interference at close range with other radio frequencies

check http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1102881 for the correct firmware package based on your location
The Following User Says Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2012, 06:31 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

131 posts
More
anyone else having this kind of problem with their galaxy s ?
27th June 2012, 06:53 AM   |  #13  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 135

988 posts
More
Quote:

anyone else having this kind of problem with their galaxy s ?

My friend's unit and mine does, this only happens on 2G
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrAndroid12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2012, 06:57 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member

131 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman

you are picking up interference from somewhere , so best to check if you are on the correct radio firmware or your unit may have been repaired before and they have not housed back properly , since it is only picking up interference at close range with other radio frequencies

check http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1102881 for the correct firmware package based on your location

as my country comes in Middle East/Africa im downloading these three files: for phone/baseband i downloaded this file: Gingerbeard 2.3.3 Middle-East and Africa JXJV6, for firmware Gingerbeard 2.3.4 JPJVC/JXJV6/OJPJV7/Sbl (MultiCSC), and stock kernel for middle east and africa.

is im choosing correct files ? Currently my phones baseband version is XXJVP.
27th June 2012, 07:11 AM   |  #15  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 2,234

3,920 posts
More
Quote:

as my country comes in Middle East/Africa im downloading these three files: for phone/baseband i downloaded this file: Gingerbeard 2.3.3 Middle-East and Africa JXJV6, for firmware Gingerbeard 2.3.4 JPJVC/JXJV6/OJPJV7/Sbl (MultiCSC), and stock kernel for middle east and africa.

is im choosing correct files ? Currently my phones baseband version is XXJVP.

any combination of PDA, Modem and CSC is possible, as such you even use the JW6 being 2.3.6, with your country CSC and Modem
The Following User Says Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2012, 10:58 AM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member

131 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman

any combination of PDA, Modem and CSC is possible, as such you even use the JW6 being 2.3.6, with your country CSC and Modem

thanks. im downloading it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAndroid12

My friend's unit and mine does, this only happens on 2G

is there any chance of screen failing completely because of this ?
27th June 2012, 11:09 AM   |  #17  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 135

988 posts
More
Quote:

thanks. im downloading it now.

is there any chance of screen failing completely because of this ?

It's just radio interference, i don't see how that has anything to do with failing screen
27th June 2012, 01:15 PM   |  #18  
OP Senior Member

131 posts
More
flashed phone. but still the same thing. will use the phone as long as it will work fine.
27th June 2012, 01:37 PM   |  #19  
Quote:

flashed phone. but still the same thing. will use the phone as long as it will work fine.

Switch modem. I had this too, it happens when you have modem which is using too much power to make calls.... Which means you have rock solid and stable signal, but it interferes with the rest of the phone...Try JVQ or JVT modems.
27th June 2012, 03:15 PM   |  #20  
OP Senior Member

131 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virnik0

Switch modem. I had this too, it happens when you have modem which is using too much power to make calls.... Which means you have rock solid and stable signal, but it interferes with the rest of the phone...Try JVQ or JVT modems.

tried both. but still no luck. btw i tried JVQ Australia/New Zealand one.

edit: now tried both but still no luck. and one thing does it requires to flash full firmware including PDA,CSC or just replace the modem with these two which you named ?
Last edited by panjgoori; 27th June 2012 at 03:31 PM. Reason: added info

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread