[MOD] HQ Camera (update 7/10)

Search This thread

williamfold

Aug 23, 2008
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I modded the camera.apk from the stock 1.13.651.1 RUU for higher quality...

Also modded media_profiles.xml. Pix and video are alot clearer(reduced compression on .jpgs).

Also added in shutter sound toggle and geolocation off by default....everything seems to work well.
Video records at 20Mbps now....I cant get 40Mbps working yet...

Flash in recovery...

New version....should install properly(hopes!) on all roms.....this is for deodexed roms...
Install script will delete /system/app/Camera.odex(if its there), delete /cache and /data/dalvik-cache, and auto reboot after 5 seconds...

Thx to NODO-GT, Team XPOSED, pirlano, zeroprobe for their mods...

20.jpg

Attachments

• HQCamera_LTE_20Mbps-signed.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 2,203
Last edited:

Art2Fly

Aug 11, 2010
Lol now flex360 will release a brand New Rom with this in it... Every single little mod xD

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

metallized

Mar 25, 2008
dallas, tx
Flashed it on meanrom ics... Cleared cache n dalvik.... I don know the difference yet but i don have any problems flashing it....

Sent from my EVO using XDA

ImaWinRAR

Sep 19, 2011
Chicago
wow. just wow. I can't thank you enough for this.

I had charmeleon flashed and my camera was total weak sauce. well I flashed this and now I FINALLY understand why everyone is saying this has the best camera. thanks mate!

Last edited:
Reactions: vader860

mike.r.olson

Jun 17, 2010
Canton, GA
As someone who attempted to edit the mediaprofiles.xml file with "questionable" results, I personally thank you for modifying the apk, as that goes WAY over my head.

Thanks for your contribution!

Keep calm and flash on...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I modded the camera.apk from the stock 1.13.651.1 RUU for higher quality...

Also modded media_profiles.xml. Pix and video are alot clearer(reduced compression on .jpgs).

Also added in shutter sound toggle and geolocation off by default....everything seems to work well.
    Video records at 20Mbps now....I cant get 40Mbps working yet...

Flash in recovery...

New version....should install properly(hopes!) on all roms.....this is for deodexed roms...
    Install script will delete /system/app/Camera.odex(if its there), delete /cache and /data/dalvik-cache, and auto reboot after 5 seconds...

Thx to NODO-GT, Team XPOSED, pirlano, zeroprobe for their mods...

20.jpg
    Ok. Here's a before and after of the same shot using the stock camera apk and the modified camera apk. The sizes in both is noticeably larger, but I'm not sure if I can tell the difference in the two. Also, this was done indoors using an uncovered lamp, so it may just be my lack of photographic savvy-ness.

*Forgot to mention, I'm using Team Nocturnal's 1.4.1 rom
    Lol now flex360 will release a brand New Rom with this in it... Every single little mod xD

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

lol
    if its whats demanded...sure :)
    hey, does this work with new OTA 1.22...? Any help would be appreciated.

Yes
    I have flashed this and I haven't seen a single difference in image/video quality or size.

So basically it seems this mod either has no effect or is not implemented correctly?

I thought I was the only one that came to that conclusion

To verify the installation, open the zip, do an md5 on the app and the xml, then check the md5 for both of those files on your phone, if different, your install wasn't really successful.

I definitely noticed a detail difference on photos, but it requires a brighter scene with detail to begin with to notice, and then it's a really, really nice change.

And file sizes for me earlier were definitely at 2 MB or less before and now, are well above that.

View on a decent monitor to see the difference, maybe not relying on the web, etc etc, where further compression can mask the differences.

The originating mod says that jpegs are not compressed here - that's wrong. All jpegs are compressed, by the very definition - these are less compressed.

Anyway, the stock camera is already very high quality but if you want to see what difference this makes you have to throw subject matter at it sufficiently more complex to appreciate the difference. The additional MB over the 2 limit are doing something in my opinion.

Haven't tried any full light videos yet, but can not wait. :)

Any way to add this without flashing? Rooted stock Rom, thanks

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using XDA

Yes, replace the camera apk with this one using a rooted file explorer. Make sure to set permissions

You missed a step - replacing just the apk in /system/app will not cut it for a non-flash install.

You also need to replace the media_profiles.xml file in /etc (or /system/etc exact same thing) with that provided in the package or you won't get the full camera update.