5,600,984 Members 43,584 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]AOKP-Nook Color-Krylon360-Discontinued

Tip us?

RaverX3X
Old
(Last edited by RaverX3X; 26th August 2012 at 05:27 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5268

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM]AOKP-Nook Color-Krylon360-Discontinued

1. Download AOKP
    Download GAPPS
    Load up CWMR Or TWRP
    Wipe Data cache system
    Install
    Reboot Let sit
    Download Goo Im
    Download Twrp IF your on CWMR
    Install TWRP
    Download Latest aokp for Nook color
    Download Latest Gapps
    Install
    REboot let sit
    Profit!
  1. Build 40
    Gapps
    Krylon360's Thread @ RootzWiki
  1. Build 39 His initial Release
    Build Had small issues with random lockups.

Build 40
    Most lockup issues fixed
    Slight issue with OpenGl
    Working on HD Playback

THANK
Krylon360.... All credit goes to him.. I just re-posted this here for him. I will try to maintain this as best i can for him here if you have any questions feel free to follow the link to follow progress and ask questions @ rootz or here..

So don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard
The stakes are high, the water's rough
But this love is ours
The Following 46 Users Say Thank You to RaverX3X For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jer2much
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for the info. I'm trying it now. Only thing that looks out of place not mentioned above is the screen rotation for videos. I know it will probably dealt with in the near future. So I'm not complaining. Just letting others know just in case they have the same thoughts about it. It is in portrait instead of landscape when I would like to go "full" screen in youtube and video players. Other than that it feels smoother overall than the EB builds lately. Awesome work Krylon360!
The Following User Says Thank You to jer2much For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zodin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This is awesome! Thank you so much

Sent from my Nook Color using xda premium

sark666
Old
Thanks Meter 29
It says hw accel works. does that mean opengl for games etc, but not the UI? I believe it means for just games etc but wanted to confirm

krylon360
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3113

DONATE TO ME
UI is accelerated. OpenGL is enabled. Working on other stuff as we speak. Hope to have flash working tonight then I can concentrate on completing the port of OMAP_ENHANCEMENT.
If my post helped you, be sure to click the Thanks button.
Follow me on Twitter
Current Projects-
CYANOGENMOD for the NOOK COLOR

Past Projects
AOKP - Nook Color
RootzBoat - VZW GNEX
NEXUS S - PURE BIONIX 2.3.7 AOSP[/B]
SGS4G - CWM, Bionix Frost, Bionix Black Ice, Gingerbread Hacking. CM7
Samsung Vibrant - Past Project(s) - Bionix Frost, Bionix-V, 1.3.1, 1.3.0, Obsidian, Nero
LG G2X - Past Project - Bionix 2 / CWM
SK4G Past Project- CWM
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to krylon360 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krylon360
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3113

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer2much View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm trying it now. Only thing that looks out of place not mentioned above is the screen rotation for videos. I know it will probably dealt with in the near future. So I'm not complaining. Just letting others know just in case they have the same thoughts about it. It is in portrait instead of landscape when I would like to go "full" screen in youtube and video players. Other than that it feels smoother overall than the EB builds lately. Awesome work Krylon360!
Not sure what you mean by this. Youtube operates how its supposed to for me...I'll look into it though.
If my post helped you, be sure to click the Thanks button.
Follow me on Twitter
Current Projects-
CYANOGENMOD for the NOOK COLOR

Past Projects
AOKP - Nook Color
RootzBoat - VZW GNEX
NEXUS S - PURE BIONIX 2.3.7 AOSP[/B]
SGS4G - CWM, Bionix Frost, Bionix Black Ice, Gingerbread Hacking. CM7
Samsung Vibrant - Past Project(s) - Bionix Frost, Bionix-V, 1.3.1, 1.3.0, Obsidian, Nero
LG G2X - Past Project - Bionix 2 / CWM
SK4G Past Project- CWM
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krylon360 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bdcrim
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Thanks for making this available. I read on rootz thread about adjusting the width of the navigation bar if the buttons bunch up in the corner. I have tried that adjustment, but still have that issue in most apps. Should I try more settings? Thanks, I am on the latest build.

I'mDan2
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcrim View Post
Thanks for making this available. I read on rootz thread about adjusting the width of the navigation bar if the buttons bunch up in the corner. I have tried that adjustment, but still have that issue in most apps. Should I try more settings? Thanks, I am on the latest build.
I just added a couple of more buttons to the nav bar and it stopped squishing them.

jer2much
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by krylon360 View Post
Not sure what you mean by this. Youtube operates how its supposed to for me...I'll look into it though.
I fixed it. I had to wipe the rotation data in recovery and all is well. Thanks Krylon360 for the solid build! My nook feels like it ate buttah and its all smooth inside now. lol.

cozboogie
Old
(Last edited by cozboogie; 27th June 2012 at 09:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Excellent work! I just flashed this on top of the latest Mirage rom. Took a couple restarts for everything to settle down (superuser didn't want to allow ROM Control at first), but things seem to be working as promised now.

On the homescreens though, space seems to be limited. The top and bottom of the homescreens are not accessible for widget placement, etc. I've tried a few different launchers but and looked through all the settings but no joy.

Would changing the DPI help?

late,
Coz

EDIT: odd....changing the horizontal and vertical margins in Trebuchet launcher had no effect, however, changing same for Apex resulted in more homescreen real estate.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Can we get this thread moved to the B&N Android Development section please.

late,
Coz

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe