Unlocking Bootloader. Xperia 2011. Test Point Method
Update: It seems that the MDPI devices which were manufactured at later times have been implemented with Sony protection, which does not allow you to unlock the boot-loader with the current version of s1Tool. You will need to use the Official Sony method and loose the DRM keys in the process.
Follow the following steps to unlock the bootloader of your Xperia 2011 device.
Unlcoking bootloader lets you flash custom kernels and ROMs to your device.
If you end up doing something wrong, flash firmware using flashtool.
I do not care if you spill coffee on your phone while doing all this. I will try to help you as much as I can, in such a case, but I can never guarantee
If you unlock your bootloader by this method, you will not loose the DRM keys of your phone. This means that apps like Track ID will work even on unlocked bootloader.
You can lock your bootloader again, and flash the stock Sony Firmware, and your phone will be as it was when it came from factory.
What all you will need?
2. Short Piece of Wire
3. USB Cable [MicroUsb male to USB male]
4. s1tool [Here]
2. Open up Phone Dialer app, and type
Rooting Status: Bootloader unlock Status: Yes
I. Creating the testpoint cable
This is your testpoint cable.
II. Finding the Test Point on your phone
2. Remove the Battery of your Phone
3. Locate the test point taking help of the images given below.
Xperia Active ST17
Xperia Live With Walkman WT19
Xperia Mini Pro SK17
Xperia Mini ST15
III. Installing the required drivers
2. Take the sharp end of the saftey pin, and hold it on the test point.
3. Keep the pin in place using your left hand.
4. Using your right hand, plug in the male USB end of the USB port into your PC.
Windows will try to find the drivers and will attempt to install them.
5. Remove test point wire from the test point now.
PC will fail to install drivers automatically. Now, follow the steps taking help of the screenshots given below to install the drivers automatically.
III. Disconnect the USB cable from the PC
IV. Unlocking the bootloader
2. You will get a window as shown.
3. Click on Patch SEMCBoot.
4. Hold saftey pin end on test point as before, using the left hand.
5. Click on Testpoint Ready.
6. You will get the following window, with the progress bar at the bottom.
7. As soon as you get this window, insert the USB Cable to the PC.
8. You will get the following message,
PROCESSING… REMOVE TESTPOINT NOW, THEN PRESS “READY”
9. Remove the saftey pin from the Test Point.
10. Now, click on Test Point Ready once again, and you will get the following window.
11. Disconnect Phone from PC.
You are Done
V. Reboot Device
Hit Thanks if this post helped, is helping or, will help you.