Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,562 Members 53,585 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ATT/VZW/TMO/SPR + more] [De-Bloater / Utility / AROMA ] Ashaman v3.02 04.04.2013

Tip us?

mrRobinson
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 8,210
did you install any of the roms or still stock? I've used it twice myself with no issues did recommended plus a few other. nandroid back and tried again.
can you get adb shell onto your device?
then cd to /system/app do an ls and paste what is left in here?

or maybe for one left confirm exact name of apk and odex.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrRobinson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alacrify
Old
Thanks Meter 1,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrRobinson View Post
did you install any of the roms or still stock? I've used it twice myself with no issues did recommended plus a few other. nandroid back and tried again.
can you get adb shell onto your device?
then cd to /system/app do an ls and paste what is left in here?

or maybe for one left confirm exact name of apk and odex.
It's still stock, just rooted. I can't do adb right now (stuck working) but I'll give it a shot tomorrow when things should be more sane. I did look in the /system/app with ES file explorer, and Chaton isn't there (nor anything with that kind of name). I can always freeze it, I just liked this answer better
SGSIV i337
SGSIII i747
SGSII i777
Xoom 10.1

mrRobinson
Old
Thanks Meter 8,210
if they aren't in /system/app then they are gone...
are they showing up in the app drawer or just you still see homescreen icons?

if it is just the homescreen icons just go ahead and remove those(long press).

alacrify
Old
Thanks Meter 1,945
Quote:
if they aren't in /system/app then they are gone...
are they showing up in the app drawer or just you still see homescreen icons?

if it is just the homescreen icons just go ahead and remove those(long press).
The only one I tried (ChatOn) is still in a folder in the app drawer (Nova Launcher) and when I tap it, it runs...

EDIT: oh, and it still shows in TiBu
SGSIV i337
SGSIII i747
SGSII i777
Xoom 10.1

Kotuadam
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Thank you

Thanks.

mrRobinson
Old
Thanks Meter 8,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
The only one I tried (ChatOn) is still in a folder in the app drawer (Nova Launcher) and when I tap it, it runs...

EDIT: oh, and it still shows in TiBu
Ok that's just weird. is it in data/app then? if it isn't in system/app I can't see how its installed still unless it is in data/app.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrRobinson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alacrify
Old
Thanks Meter 1,945
Quote:
Ok that's just weird. is it in data/app then? if it isn't in system/app I can't see how its installed still unless it is in data/app.
Yeah, ChatOn, and the other ones that didn't go away, are in /data/app. Did I do something screwy that moved them?
SGSIV i337
SGSIII i747
SGSII i777
Xoom 10.1

mrRobinson
Old
Thanks Meter 8,210
no you probably just updated everything from play market. since it can't write to /system even when an installed system app is updated it has to install the updates into /data partition.
so any system app that had an update from the play store was then also in data. best bet is to manually uninstall those now. you can normally since they are no longer system apps. I'd add to my script but it'd be hard to track down the names, instead of ChatON.apk it'd be something like com.google.android.chaton-1.apk or some such weirdness.
and you don't even need root to remove data apps anyway.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrRobinson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alacrify
Old
Thanks Meter 1,945
Quote:
no you probably just updated everything from play market. since it can't write to /system even when an installed system app is updated it has to install the updates into /data partition.
so any system app that had an update from the play store was then also in data. best bet is to manually uninstall those now. you can normally since they are no longer system apps. I'd add to my script but it'd be hard to track down the names, instead of ChatON.apk it'd be something like com.google.android.chaton-1.apk or some such weirdness.
and you don't even need root to remove data apps anyway.
Cool, thanks - that explains it. And I can certainly freeze or remove them myself - I'm just so used to having your AROMA installers around to do all my work with Task's ROM for me I was ready to jump right back in
SGSIV i337
SGSIII i747
SGSII i777
Xoom 10.1

silverbmw801
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Worked Great!

Worked Great! Thank you!

Tags
aroma, att sgs3, de-bloat, debloat, utility