Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,666 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Downgrading from (stock) ICS to Honeycomb

Tip us?

iAMLIMITLESS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Prompt [Q] Downgrading from (stock) ICS to Honeycomb

Hi all, So i have a galaxy tab 2 7" gt-p3113 with root access. I need to know how to, if possible, downgrade from the stock ics 4.03 that it was shipped with to Honeycomb. There just arent enough apps availiable for ICS and a lot of them are so buggy I'd rather have honeycomb. Any ideas? If I am not mistaken the process is pertinent to each device and might not even be possible since the gt-p3113 and gt-p3110 are shipped with ics... Hopefully it can be done

Darunion
Old
Thanks Meter 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMLIMITLESS View Post
Hi all, So i have a galaxy tab 2 7" gt-p3113 with root access. I need to know how to, if possible, downgrade from the stock ics 4.03 that it was shipped with to Honeycomb. There just arent enough apps availiable for ICS and a lot of them are so buggy I'd rather have honeycomb. Any ideas? If I am not mistaken the process is pertinent to each device and might not even be possible since the gt-p3113 and gt-p3110 are shipped with ics... Hopefully it can be done
nothing to downgrade. ics is stock lowest on these. And I don't see much desire to develop custom roms for an older android system. Best bet just wait it out, ics is new, just like hc and gb were. When they came out apps had glitches too.
Let me google that for you -The best way to help someone and also tell them they are lazy at the same time.

Trolls are like stray cats, if you stop feeding them, eventually they move on.

Answer a users question, he's smart for a day. Teach a user how to research his own questions, he's smart for a lifetime!

imnuts
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2969

DONATE TO ME
I haven't found any apps that give me issues on ICS yet. Have you bothered reporting the apps you're having issues with to let the developer(s) know there are problems? Also, the only way to get Honeycomb would be to build it from AOSP, which likely isn't going to happen.
Setup a Development Environment
Setup and Use the Android SDK
Stock Odin Restore files

You can find the answer to all of your questions right here. If that doesn't work, then try this or this

miketoasty
Old
Thanks Meter 456
What apps are you having issues with? I haven't seen any apps having issues with ics.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

iAMLIMITLESS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Yeah ok... i was just hoping. Yes I have been reporting all the issues. Alot of them its mostly it loads to the title screen then crashes and closes. I cant tell you specifically which ones, its happened with a lot of apps, mostly games tho. I just really want to be able to play nova 3 and modern combat 3 and Im having trouble getting an apk and the sd data files...

nphil
Old
(Last edited by nphil; 26th June 2012 at 05:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMLIMITLESS View Post
Yeah ok... i was just hoping. Yes I have been reporting all the issues. Alot of them its mostly it loads to the title screen then crashes and closes. I cant tell you specifically which ones, its happened with a lot of apps, mostly games tho. I just really want to be able to play nova 3 and modern combat 3 and Im having trouble getting an apk and the sd data files...
I've gotten those two games to run and download SD data by modifying my build.prop to match the Galaxy Nexus.. You don't want to run them on your tablet anyway, it was quite laggy when I tried. Other GL games work fine.. like order and chaos, asphalt 6, etc.

iAMLIMITLESS
Old
(Last edited by iAMLIMITLESS; 26th June 2012 at 08:40 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
ya same nova3 was fine mc3 was super laggy and choppy.... sad day.
would overclocking it help? and if so, what is it safe to overclock it to?

Ryanscool
Old
Thanks Meter 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by nphil View Post
I've gotten those two games to run and download SD data by modifying my build.prop to match the Galaxy Nexus.. You don't want to run them on your tablet anyway, it was quite laggy when I tried. Other GL games work fine.. like order and chaos, asphalt 6, etc.
Mc3 maybe didn't run right because it needs some mods. It didn't run right on my phone until they released it officially for it.
Galaxy Note 3- one awesome phone. I'm back!
Galaxy Tab 2 7. CM10 Preview. Its pretty darn quick!
Past:
AT&T Apple iPhone 4s- Broken
Infuse 4G}=-Unofficial CM10! May just be the best developing non-mainstream phone.

Gimme some thanks if I helped you! 覧覧覧覧覧>

donwm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default not enough ram for ics os

galaxy 2 doesn't have enough ram to run ics and apps too, at least not efficiently. I have sg2 phone and now the tab and I think ICS uses too many resources to allow apps to run effectively too. I see alot of force closes and very laggy performance . I upgraded phone to iCS and hated it. Odined back to gingerbread. May take the tab back because of ics. (Tab has same memory structure as sg2 phone ). I do use GO launcher which I'm sure eats some resources ,so I'll try taking that off and see if there is a vast improvement, but I suspect there won't be .
Kyocera QCP6035, Samsung Blackjack i607, Samsung Epix i907, HTC Incredible, Samsung Exhibit II 4G SGH 679, SGH T999,

MultipleMonomials
Old
Thanks Meter 239
I've actually found ICS to be less buggy then HC and GB. Maybe your fc issues are caused by something else? Gameloft's non-support for the gtab2 is a known issue, but the other problems could be fixed by fixing permissions in CWM.
Devices:
Galaxy S Fascinate (Hellybean 4.2.2)(retired)
Galaxy S4(Cyanogenmod)
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1(Cyanogenmod)

Having trouble with the Fascinate? Check out Droidstyle's awesome guide here.
Having trouble with the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1? Check out my guide here.