5,595,815 Members 37,080 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BL] Unlock without HTCDEV

Tip us?

18th.abn
Old
(Last edited by 18th.abn; 11th October 2012 at 02:24 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1816
Default [BL] Unlock without HTCDEV

This process will allow you to unlock your bootloader without having to register your imei with the htcdev website.

Thanks to niceppl for making a one click out of this, and adding ROGERS SUPPORT, and also windows, mac & linux ready. Please see his thread herehttp://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=27917723

VERY IMPORTANT:
Please read over all instructions before attempting this process.If you are not 100% sure you can follow these instruction then.
DO NO ATTEMPT.
DO NOT SHORTCUT ANY STEPS. FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE PROCESS WILL LEAVE YOUR DEVICE UNUSABLE UNTIL ALL STEPS ARE COMPLETED.

Pre-requisites:

1. Must have AT&T Evita HTC One x rooted with superCID (sorry, no rogers)

2. Windows only, and have htc drivers installed, with adb and fastboot working

3. USB debugging enabled, and fastboot disabled in settings>power menu

4. SIMCARD REMOVED....(DO IT NOW)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
CANNOT REINSERT UNTIL PROCESS IS COMPLETED.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The Steps

Download the zip file from below and save it to your desktop. Go ahead and extract it to your desktop also.

Power on and Plug in device to USB and make sure you have CHARGE ONLY selected

Open a command prompt and cd to your adb fastboot folder.

enter these commands prompts one at a time, or copy paste (until i get script written, sorry)

adb shell

su

your command prompt should now look like this "root@android:/ #"

Now enter or copy/paste one command at a time

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p4

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p5

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p6

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p13

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p26 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p26

after each command you should see something like 234+0 in 234+0 out, 234 being a random number.

You now have these original partitions from your device backed up on your sdcard

Now close out of the command prompt and mount usb mass storage to open up your sdcard on the desktop

once open, create a new folder and name it "mypartitions"

you will see the 6 partitions you dd from your device, called mmcblk0p4,5,6,13,26. Move them to the folder you just created.

Go to the zip you extracted earler on your desktop, open it and you will see a folder named "spoofpartitions". copy or drag it to the root of your sdcard.

Go back to your folder with the extracted contents on the desktop, you will see a file named "unlock_code.bin". copy it the the same folder you have your fastboot and adb files in on your pc.

Now unmount your usb mass storage and select CHARGE ONLY again on your device

open up a new command prompt and cd to your adb fastboot folder again

type the commands one at a time or copy paste (again, will get a script as soon as i get time)

adb shell

su

command prompt again should now look like "root@android:/ #"

now enter the following again one at a time

dd if=/sdcard/spoofpartitions/mmcblk0p4MOD of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4

dd if=/sdcard/spoofpartitions/mmcblk0p5MOD of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5

dd if=/sdcard/spoofpartitions/mmcblk0p6MOD of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6

dd if=/sdcard/spoofpartitions/mmcblk0p13MOD of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13

dd if=/sdcard/spoofpartitions/mmcblk0p26MOD of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p26

once all those successfully pushed to your device, we're going to disconnect from the pc, close command prompt and power down device.

We need to now boot to bootloader so, press and hold your power button and volume down (-) buttons, wait a couple seconds and release

the power button while continuing to hold volume down. Once it powers on you'll be in your boot loader. plug in your usb, and using your vol. up vol. down highlight

"fastboot" and press power button to select. right above, wait until you see "fastboot USB"

Now, go ahead and open up another command prompt and cd to your fastboot adb folder.

type "fastboot devices" you should see a serial number under the list of attached devices.

now enter "fastboot flash unlocktoken unlock_code.bin"

you should get a readout that says successful or something and a screen from HTC will appear on your device. If not, just redo the fastboot flash command again. Once the screen is up, you'll see the warning about yada yada blah blah. press your volume up to highlight the yes i wanna unlock button and press power to confirm. THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DEVICE FYI.

once the device boots back up go thru all your setup stuff until you get back to your home screen, go back into your settings and disable fastboot from the power menu and enable usb debugging again in developer options.

plug back in usb CHARGE ONLY mode, open up a command prompt and cd to adb fastboot folder. enter the commands ONE LAST TIME

adb shell

su

dd if=/sdcard/mypartitions/mmcblk0p4 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4

dd if=/sdcard/mypartitions/mmcblk0p5 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5

dd if=/sdcard/mypartitions/mmcblk0p6 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6

dd if=/sdcard/mypartitions/mmcblk0p13 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13

dd if=/sdcard/mypartitions/mmcblk0p26 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p26

once you have them all pushed successfully reboot device, reinsert simcard and enjoy your htcdev free unlocked bootloader.

NOTE: If ever you need to relock your bootloader to ruu you will need to do these steps again to re unlock it. As soon as I get time i will make this much simpler for everybody.

Please, if anyone wants to step in i'm really busy with school and family. Feel free to tidy this up with a script.

DOWNLOAD: http://db.tt/Bd0UUKHH

ADDED: The unlock token included is for evita devices. Rogers and Telstra use files from 1click linked at the top. Or, after pushing the spoof partitions, generate a new token in fastboot and submit to htcdev. Unlock and then send UNMODIFIED partitions back to your device per the instructions.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to 18th.abn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Skizzy034
Old
Thanks Meter 454
Will the bootloader still say relocked after we do this and relock?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
*NOTE* I'll never recommend using a toolkit to root your device because if you don't know how to root your phone manually, you shouldn't be rooting your phone. -KidCarter93 <--- Right on the money

My Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/sgutowski77

18th.abn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1816
Yes, it will will still be the same. Its just an option for anybody who would prefer to keep their imei off the HTC database. Some people who outright buy it with no contract or are out of their first 30 days, their warranty falls under htc.

The Following User Says Thank You to 18th.abn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mattyg151
Old
Thanks Meter 114

DONATE TO ME
damn, wish I would have waited another day. I just unlocked mine the HTC way yesterday. this is awesome.

LNKNPRKFN
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Too bad it's not good for rogers too, but that's awesome anyway thanks

SENT FROM MY COBRA 1.2 HOX XDA PREMIUM

gunnyman
Old
Thanks Meter 2647

DONATE TO ME
WOW

See this right here? This is some talent.

Nice job!
Uncle Gunny says, "MAKE A NANDROID"
LG G2 Uncarriered
LG Gpad 8.3 GPE
Rooted and Xposed
Don't be a d*ck -Wil Wheaton
Unlocking and rooting your HTC One with a Mac
Oh BTW I'm fat.
The Following User Says Thank You to gunnyman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sbryan12144
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4295

DONATE TO ME
Good job man. I contacted the portal writers. IMO, this is a big deal.

Devices:
T-Mobile HTC One-Daily Device
Verizon HTC Droid DNA-Development Device
Verizon HTC Thunderbolt-Development Device
T-Mobile HTC HD2-Development Device
The Following User Says Thank You to sbryan12144 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
E.Cadro Old
Thanks Meter
Wow!!
Nice job

Sent from my Nocturnalized Beast

WTFunk
Old
Thanks Meter 88
How in the name of god and the holy spirit did you figure this out?!

Very nice!

beaups
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5115

DONATE TO ME
I don't mean to rain on your hard work but....

isn't everyone who flashes this going to wind up with your serial number, your imei, and your MAC addresses? I think this could cause some real problems (blacklisting, etc.) for you and anyone else who flashes these files.

I would recommend taking this offline until you do some testing with another user or two......