|ROM| ~[lead rom]~ | 7.10.8862.144 (7.8) || 4.22.13 | [GOLD_C]

Search This thread

leadpoizon

May 31, 2008
I realized that each of the custom ROMS for Gold_C I've tried so far seem to have one issue or another, simply because they are ports from other phones (7 Pro). This is most likely because all those awesome devs/chefs don't have the GOLD_C to test with. This is my attempt at a ROM for the HTC Arrive (GOLD_C):

Some features:

- PRL update and network profile update working
- ## dial codes working
- Internet sharing
- Static MAC Address
- Extra accents colors
- Search key with default setting/compatible with search key settings
- Full unlock
- Tango
- Performance tweaks and fixes

DOWNLOAD

Latest Stable Release (7.8)
(4/22/13)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v64kw83pspddrou/LEAD%20ROM%20GOLD_C%204.22.13.exe

Password: leadpoizon

>---------------------------------------<

Previous Stable Release (7.5)
(9/16/12)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0lx2yti4678ofcv/LEAD ROM GOLD_C 9.16.12.exe

Change Log
Code:
[LEFT][4.22.13]
[~] Made a few performance and stability fixes
[+] Added cab updatability
[3.16.13]
[^] Update to build 7.10.8862.144
[3.1.13]
[^] Update to build 7.10.8858.136 (Official)
[+] Added Nokia Bluetooth Transfer driver, so installing the xap will make it work
[~] Made a few performance fixes
[12.25.12]
[+] Added search key app functionality
[~] Optimized RAM management a little
[12.7.12]
[!] Fixed issue with Xbox games and apps not working
[-] Security app no longer included, because it was unnecessary 
[12.2.12]
[^] Update to build 7.10.8858.136 (RTM)
[~] All previous functionality still available
[9.23.12]
[^] Update to build 7.10.8835.35 (Build is still in Beta stages)
[9.16.12]
[^] Update to build 7.10.8779.8
[+] Added WP8 accents
[!] Changed GPS driver for more accuracy
[^] English dictionary from WP8
[+] Added toggle for auto MMS download
[+] Added Camera Extras
[!] Minor bug fixes
[8.5.12]
[<] Went to OS build 7.10.8773.98 for stability and lack of new features in 7.10.8779.8 
[^] Updated Haptic Feedback app
[+] Added SMS/MMS size app
[+] Added app to allow disabling/enable interop unlock at will
[!] Fixed issue with Wi-Fi not enabling from off state on first try upon boot. (Thanks ultrashot)
[!] Changed camera driver for stability
[!] Changed compass driver/related
[!] Added CAB update capability (Still need to figure out a few kinks about how I'm going to release my own cabs, though)
[+] Added additional tweaks for performance and more options
[!] Now shows actual MAC address and stays after reboot(static MAC address). Internet Sharing still available
[/LEFT]

Hit
THANKS if you appreciate me sharing this ROM. : D
It's a good way to motivate me.

DONATE if you appreciate.
It's the best way to motivate me.

Thanks to ultrashot, cotulla, and all the other great devs who made all this possible.

Attachments

• SearchKeySettings.xap
    353 KB · Views: 251
  • Bluetooth_Share_v2.0.2.2.xap
    740.2 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

iknowsingh

Sep 17, 2008
This is great news! I've been looking for a dependable ROM to put on my Arrive! I was really close to flashing ansar's Gold_C ROM yesterday but changed my mind last minute.

I used to be a flashing fanatic back in the WM6.5 days with my Touch Pro2 and it's nice to see some chefs step up for the Arrive! Subscribing to this thread for sure! :good:

yung18

Oct 20, 2009
Holy Crap.

Lead, I remember using your roms on the tp2 and you are without a doubt the man. I cant wait to test this rom for you. If you need a beta tester let me know. I have an extra arrive (with no data for now) that I can test with certain things. Let me know. Just please dont pull an ansar. lol. I know, I know cheap stab. But this rom would be a miracle. As stated b4 I don't mind beta testing. TIA, you are the greatest.

leadpoizon

May 31, 2008
Thanks for the support, folks! Rom has been uploaded in two parts. Please keep in mind that this a first release and I an the only one who has tested it. I will take up the offer of the awesome folks who want to beta test, for the next release. Positive Feedback welcome as always.

Reactions: Nela and dootle

pdawg17

Apr 3, 2008
So far, so good for the 2 hours I've had this ROM :)

Network and prl updates work fine...I haven't poked and prodded at it otherwise yet but will tonight!

yung18

Oct 20, 2009
AVG flag

1)Did any1 else's antivirus throw a flag when downloading the second part of the rom?
2) What is the second file for? Is the first part the hspl/ rpl?

Last edited:

leadpoizon

May 31, 2008
1)Did any1 else's antivirus throw a flag when downloading the second part of the rom?
2) What is the second file for? Is the first part the hspl/ rpl?

Rest assured, I have better things to do than infect peoples computers with viruses. The ROM is over 300MB. Mediafire has a limit of 200MB per file, so I had to split it into two files. It's a self-extracting .rar file, so the first .exe needs the second .rar file to extract all the contents. AVG flagged it because it probably saw a .exe within the archive and considered it suspicious. It's all safe, but don't take my word for it. Try it out, and hope your computer doesn't get infected. :D

Last edited:

yung18

Oct 20, 2009
Rest assured, I have better things to do than infect peoples computers with viruses. The ROM is over 300MB. Mediafire has a limit of 200MB per file, so I had to split it into two files. It's a self-extracting .rar file, so the first .exe needs the second .rar file to extract all the contents. AVG flagged it because it probably saw a .exe within the archive and considered it suspicious. It's all safe, but don't take my word for it. Try it out, and hope your computer doesn't get infected. :D

Complete misunderstanding. I know the file is clean but the page had some kinda trojan when I opened it up. Anyway back to the good stuff. So I do the hspl/ rspl first then use your first rom update utiliy with the first .rar... then the second will automatically extract? or will it prompt me asking where the file is? I am amittedly slow. Dropped on my head as a kid.

graycorgi

Apr 23, 2010
Dallas
There wont be any problems if I flash straight from ansar's rom, will there? I have the HSPL on here if that matters.

leadpoizon

May 31, 2008
Complete misunderstanding. I know the file is clean but the page had some kinda trojan when I opened it up. Anyway back to the good stuff. So I do the hspl/ rspl first then use your first rom update utiliy with the first .rar... then the second will automatically extract? or will it prompt me asking where the file is? I am amittedly slow. Dropped on my head as a kid.

Ah, and I'm sorry if I sounded mean. I didn't mean it in a mean way at all.

1. Use the DFT utility to load the custom bootloader (rspl/hspl)
2. Load your phone into bootloader mode (tri-colored screen) and connect it to the PC.
3. Click on the ROM .exe file with the .rar in the same folder.
4. After a few seconds (of extracting in the background), The ROM will start to verify the device and start flashing.

Regarding the Trojan: I'll try to use my SkyDrive or Dropbox for future releases, because those ads and trojans can be annoying.

There wont be any problems if I flash straight from ansar's rom, will there? I have the HSPL on here if that matters.

Yeah, going from another custom ROM should be fine, as long as you are on the GOLD_C (Arrive)

Last edited:

pdawg17

Apr 3, 2008
Oops...I just figured you had given the option of an exe or rar file type so I ran the rar file and flashed the rom!

Weird because it does say 8779 in settings and everything appears to be working fine...hmmm...guess I'll start over...

I've only flash ROMs for the last 6 years or so...need a brain check...

Last edited:

IM0001

Jun 29, 2007
Is there any other details about the rom? Such as, IE .XAP install, Any included apps, list of tweaks, list of bugs, ZUNE backup/upgrade capable?

I just finished getting a replacement phone (impailed my old Arrive Sunday. RIP good fiend) and just finished getting this phone all setup and realize I really need that 32G upgrade. I really couldn't give a hoot about the PRL stuff since I don't have any signal issues, but if this rom has any benifit over the Asnar one, I might as well jump onboard.

dandrayan

Jun 20, 2009
Gilbert, Arizona
Thanks for the hard work! I'll be eagerly downloading and installing this as soon as I get home from work tonight. If you need another beta tester, I have a spare handset I use for testing/developing/spare parts (but no active service contract) that I would be glad to use for testing new ROM builds too.

rcrabb

Nov 19, 2009
Santa Cruz, CA
Hey, so on the HSPL/RSPL page, there's that warning:
WARNING TO ALL:
Do NOT use RSPL / HSPL with Mozart 4.XX and other RUU ROMS with MANGO.
All WP7F devices affected: MOZART, GOLD, SCHUBERT, MONDRIAN, SPARK!
It will damage your device. Not a joke.

I've got Mango on my Arrive; does this warning apply to me? Do I need to switch to an earlier version before starting this process?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I realized that each of the custom ROMS for Gold_C I've tried so far seem to have one issue or another, simply because they are ports from other phones (7 Pro). This is most likely because all those awesome devs/chefs don't have the GOLD_C to test with. This is my attempt at a ROM for the HTC Arrive (GOLD_C):

Some features:

- PRL update and network profile update working
    - ## dial codes working
    - Internet sharing
    - Static MAC Address
    - Extra accents colors
    - Search key with default setting/compatible with search key settings
    - Full unlock
    - Tango
    - Performance tweaks and fixes

DOWNLOAD

Latest Stable Release (7.8)
    (4/22/13)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v64kw83pspddrou/LEAD%20ROM%20GOLD_C%204.22.13.exe

Password: leadpoizon

Previous Stable Release (7.5)
    (9/16/12)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0lx2yti4678ofcv/LEAD ROM GOLD_C 9.16.12.exe

Change Log
    Code:
    [LEFT][4.22.13]
    [~] Made a few performance and stability fixes
    [+] Added cab updatability
    [3.16.13]
    [^] Update to build 7.10.8862.144
    [3.1.13]
    [^] Update to build 7.10.8858.136 (Official)
    [+] Added Nokia Bluetooth Transfer driver, so installing the xap will make it work
    [~] Made a few performance fixes
    [12.25.12]
    [+] Added search key app functionality
    [~] Optimized RAM management a little
    [12.7.12]
    [!] Fixed issue with Xbox games and apps not working
    [-] Security app no longer included, because it was unnecessary 
    [12.2.12]
    [^] Update to build 7.10.8858.136 (RTM)
    [9.23.12]
    [^] Update to build 7.10.8835.35 (Build is still in Beta stages)
    [9.16.12]
    [^] Update to build 7.10.8779.8
    [+] Added WP8 accents
    [!] Changed GPS driver for more accuracy
    [^] English dictionary from WP8
    [+] Added toggle for auto MMS download
    [+] Added Camera Extras
    [!] Minor bug fixes
    [8.5.12]
    [<] Went to OS build 7.10.8773.98 for stability and lack of new features in 7.10.8779.8 
    [^] Updated Haptic Feedback app
    [+] Added SMS/MMS size app
    [+] Added app to allow disabling/enable interop unlock at will
    [!] Fixed issue with Wi-Fi not enabling from off state on first try upon boot. (Thanks ultrashot)
    [!] Changed camera driver for stability
    [!] Changed compass driver/related
    [!] Added CAB update capability (Still need to figure out a few kinks about how I'm going to release my own cabs, though)
    [+] Added additional tweaks for performance and more options
    [!] Now shows actual MAC address and stays after reboot(static MAC address). Internet Sharing still available
    [/LEFT]

Hit
    THANKS if you appreciate me sharing this ROM. : D
    It's a good way to motivate me.

DONATE if you appreciate.
    It's the best way to motivate me.

Thanks to ultrashot, cotulla, and all the other great devs who made all this possible.
    Update

Hey folks, I have a minor update possibly on the way and thought I should give a head up about the changes:

-Update to build 8779.8
    -Added WP8 accents
    -Changed compass driver for more accuracy
    -English dictionary from WP8
    -Added toggle for auto MMS download
    -Minor bug fixes

Sorry, this not cab update capable. I haven't had time to figure it out. (Too busy with school)

I'm still debating whether I should release this or wait until the next build that adds more functionality. Thank this post if you want this update and are actually willing to flash it.
    Wonder how easy it would be to add that 7.8 beta start screen...

me too, i have downloaded the HTC HD7 7.8 ROM and wonder how can we port it to a HTC 7 pro version...? If somebody knew how please contact me...

Are you sure you guys actually want it? It's super buggy, even the start screen. I have it running and it's not that pretty. The few differences I see are:

-New buggy start screen
    -Accent picker now shows grid of colors without names

Who ever still wants me to release it for the Arrive can thank this post.
    The new 7.8 will be out soon(few days). I have to say that I'm a little disappointed, since there isn't much new stuff here and Sprint isn't getting a WP8 device any time soon. :/

I need to do some testing until I can release, so just hang tight folks!
    Level up

Update posted.