[Q] [A510] Screen Responsiveness Bug?

Search This thread

salisbury_steak

Oct 21, 2010
Manila
www.fb.com
I got my A510 a couple of days ago and I'm experiencing screen responsiveness issues at certain scenarios...
The tablet will not respond to touch when laid on a table or in bed. But once you hold the back with your hand (Or even with just a finger), the sensitivity goes back to normal.

I'm confirming that toggling the sensitivity does indeed fix it (as I saw in another forum). However, you will need to toggle it again after a restart (Or sometimes while in use, it happened to me once when I enable/disabled by BT). I have a generic screen protector installed.

My question is... Is anyone else experiencing this? Or does anyone have a permanent fix?

Screwedupsmitty

Nov 25, 2011
NE Ohio
Common issue, no permanent fix per say, if you searched you would most likely find that you can go to settings, switch your sensitivity o either high or low, switch it back to the original and that will reset your screens touch settings, which will last until you rat your tablet. Hope that helps

Sent from my A700 using XDA

Reactions: salisbury_steak

salisbury_steak

Oct 21, 2010
Manila
www.fb.com
Common issue, no permanent fix per say, if you searched you would most likely find that you can go to settings, switch your sensitivity o either high or low, switch it back to the original and that will reset your screens touch settings, which will last until you rat your tablet. Hope that helps

Yeah, I did search. I just thought that there's maybe a fix that I missed. Thanks bud!

Reboot you mean? ;) :D Ratting out a tablet, that could make you an unpopular person in tablet jail :D

BENETNATH

Jan 7, 2011
would this be fix if CM9 is ported ?
do you think it's linked to some Acer bloat or badly implemented ICS ?

BENETNATH

Jan 7, 2011
as we have got the kernel sources,
is CM9 possible to be build ?
noob question but i don't know what is required to build CM9..

salisbury_steak

Oct 21, 2010
Manila
www.fb.com
as we have got the kernel sources,
is CM9 possible to be build ?
noob question but i don't know what is required to build CM9..

We need a dev. :D

I didn't come from a previous Iconia. So maybe someone with experience building for the A500 can help us out. (Assuming he also gets the A510.)

P.S. I didn't know that we already have kernel sources for the A510. That's good news then.

salisbury_steak

Oct 21, 2010
Manila
www.fb.com
Should you decide to try it, use the Optimized A510 rom. I had that issue before, and the Franken700 rom has that same issue.
I believe it should be gone with the 1.099 stock rom (which is the optimized A510 rom by NoThrills.

evak2979

Sep 18, 2012
Removing my screen protector + installing the latest nothrill ROM fixed it for me.
remove your screen protector if you have one.

salisbury_steak

Oct 21, 2010
Manila
www.fb.com
Yeah, I used my tab for a week without the screen protector (regardless of what ROM I use), and it did remove my screen responsiveness bug.

However, I'd rather live with that bug than to have a scratched screen in a few months.

evak2979

Sep 18, 2012
Yeah, I used my tab for a week without the screen protector (regardless of what ROM I use), and it did remove my screen responsiveness bug.

However, I'd rather live with that bug than to have a scratched screen in a few months.

Last update .
On the bring of returning it for a Prime, I tried installing NoThrill's yesterday's release of a ROM. The usual prodecure, data/factory wipe, then install from SD card NoThrill's today release.
Upon booting, the response seemed slightly better; I went into the settings, and the responsiveness had defaulted to low.
I set it to high, rebooted and had no more problems.

Whether it's grounded, or not it works perfect.
I pushed my luck and also installed my screen protector again. It once more works perfect. Super sensitivity.

I strongly suggest installing yesterday's Nothrill ROM. I had the 5th of september one, and there was no fix. The 19th did it.

Many thanks to Nothrills. Saved me from spending 150 more pounds needlesly :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.