How to do it (with 4.1.2):
BEFORE ANYTHING put the CWM SuperSU file in your phone directory.(did this in fist place)
1) Go through @zedomax
video tutorial. Make sure that Auto Reboot is UNCHECKED(did this too)
2) When ODIN is done doing its thing and before you do anything with your phone - take your battery out then unplug your phone from USB(this also)
3) Hold Volume UP, Power button, and Home Screen button.
4) This will get you into CWM
5) Flash CWM SuperSU (did this too)
..the following is what I was missing to have full root access and avopid stock recovery:
6) Reboot your phone. Using a file explorer (Such as ES) mount / and /system as writeable (settings).
7) Go to /system and delete recovery-from-boot.p (it might still show up, but it will delete as long as its writeable)
8) Go to /system/etc and delete install-recovery.sh
9) Go back into download mode (Power DOWN, Home screen, power button) and redo the ODIN portion with the CWM tar file
This will again, rewrite the recovery. From that point you can reboot the phone anytime and, without removing the battery or any other crazy way, can get into CWM without any issues.
Hope this solves anymore questions people have and enjoy your rooted galaxy! Thank you for the help everyone else has posted with the solution and thanks for the great video tutorial @zedomax